GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Much more important detailed information you have uncovered, and I hope this is fully investigated. My question is Why has it not already been more closely looked into? Cover ups seem to be a regular issue anywhere around the Murdaughs. Thank You for keeping on top of the Facts!
The homeowners liability policy is suing to recoup funds paid on claim for Ms Satterfield.

The family received more from homeowners policy than, workmans comp. WCs would have looked at her under lying health conditions as a contributing factor. Moo...

Last edited:
10:04 A.M. — CROSBY TOLD MURDAUGH ABOUT DYING FRIEND’S FINANCIAL STRUGGLES

Ronnie Crosby, one of Murdaugh’s former law partners, testified that Murdaugh knew and acknowledged that their mutual friend Barrett Boulware had fallen into dire financial straits while he was dying of colon cancer.

Murdaugh has admitted to stealing from Boulware, who had been his business partner in a series of real estate transactions, during his illness.

“It looks bad. It looks like Barrett is going to die,” Crosby testified said he told Murdaugh.

Crosby said that he was trying to help sell off some waterfront plots owned by Boulware to raise enough money for Boulware to continue staying near the Mayo Clinic in Jacknsonville, Florida, where Boulware was getting treatment for Stage 4 colon cancer.

Crosby said that Murdaugh, “acknowledged it,” and told Crosby that “it was good what I was doing for Barrett.”

Crosby said Murdaugh went on to steal an insurance check owed to Boulware and some money belonging to his estate that came through the law firm.

On the stand, Murdaugh admitted to stealing from Boulware, a former shrimper who became a successful real estate developer.

It’s my opinion he stole Moselle as well.

Serious injuries due to tripping over dogs she has known since puppies, and who relied on her for food and water at the house. I don't buy the "tripped over a dog" story when everyone was in bed and the dogs knew her. Why would they suddenly, out of the blue, knock her down the stairs when they should be in the kennels?

"Gloria Satterfield, arrived at Moselle where she was — depending on who you ask — either scheduled to work that day, there to pick up her paycheck or there to pick up someone else’s paycheck.​
...​
When she fell ascending the front stairs at the Murdaughs’ Moselle home (or was it their Holly Street house?) in Colleton County (or was it Hampton?), Gloria was tripped (or pushed?) by either Bubba, Bourbon, Blue or Sassy — or maybe it was none of them.​
The fall caused Maggie Murdaugh to wake up sometime after 9 a.m. She awakened her son Paul, who was also sleeping, and called 911 at 9:24 a.m.​
...​
Alex Murdaugh said he was at work at the time, 20 minutes away, and that his wife had called him at 9:45 a.m. to tell him about the fall. He “rushed to the scene,” arriving “before” emergency medical technicians … who were there at 9:41 a.m.​
Before Alex arrived, Paul tried to sit Gloria up, but someone told him to “turn her loose” so she fell back over. When Alex arrived, Gloria was sitting on the stairs … but also he helped Paul sit her on the stairs.​
...​
According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion."​

from the same article....
Here’s Alex’s account:

— He left the house at a 7:45 a.m. to go to his office in Hampton.

— He got a call from Maggie around 9:45 a.m. who said Satterfield had been injured.

— “He found Satterfield sitting on the brick landing at the base of the steps. She was semi-conscious, knew who she was, and had blood on her head and face. There was a pool of blood on the brick landing.”

— Then EMS arrived.

— “Alex followed the ambulance to Walterboro. He was given Satterfield’s purse just before she was put on the helicopter. Alex drove back to his house in Moselle. He attempted to call and text Satterfield’s brother but did not speak with him.”

— “Alex told me that he had heard, from one or more of Satterfield’s relatives he cannot really recall, was that Satterfield had reported that ‘the dogs tripped her up.'”

Here’s Maggie’s account (Wallinger notes that she was interviewed two weeks before his report, which is dated Nov. 6):

— Maggie was asleep in bed. Gloria was expected to arrive at some point that day.

— The four dogs (the suspects?) were outside and were seldom allowed in the house.

— Bourbon (main suspect?) had just been picked up from obedience training a few days before.

— Two employees, Ronnie Freeman and Travis Martin, were on the property working but not near the house.

— She heard the dogs barking in “an unusual tone, as if something had happened.”

— She went out the front door and found Satterfield lying on her back, “head toward the bottom of the steps, with a bleeding head wound.”

— Maggie shouted “Oh my God!”

— Satterfield was not carrying any objects. Her eyes were open, she was conscious but “mumbling gibberish.” The dogs were walking around her.

— Satterfield didn’t know what happened.

— Maggie called 9-1-1.

— Satterfield told EMS her name that the current president was “Bill Clinton.”

— Maggie drove to the hospital and met with Satterfield’s relatives. “Maggie saw Satterfield in the ICU, she was sleeping but occasionally woke and stated her head hurt and she was cold. Maggie said she never visited Satterfield alone. Maggie recalled that at the time of Satterfield’s admission it was the peak of flu season and patients were on gurneys in every hallway. Satterfield never told Maggie why Satterfield fell.”

— Maggie visited Satterfield five or six times but never alone.

— She was not surprised to hear Satterfield died.

Here’s Paul’s account (also interviewed two weeks prior to the report):

— At the time of the incident, he was asleep in his downstairs bedroom.

— He heard the dogs barking, which he associated with someone coming up the driveway.

— He heard Maggie calling him and knew something was wrong.

— He went to the porch and saw Satterfield “had fallen off the front steps.” His mother “was rushing to get a telephone” and “Satterfield’s feet were on the second or third step from the bottom and she was lying on her back. She was bleeding from a head wound and blood was on the brick landing area. Satterfield was awake, making weird noises, and not making any sense. Paul did not try to talk with her.”

— “Paul remembers that his father Alex arrived and asked what happened and that Satterfield said ‘something about dogs.'”

— Satterfield started vomiting so “Alex and Paul sat her up while they waited for EMS to arrive.”

Isn't there something in the testimony about Maggie's dog Bubba going into a kennel overnight? Cash was in the kennels for the night, as were the other dogs.

Why, on Feb 26, 2018, were the dogs knocking Gloria down the front stairs of the house when Alex is allegedly 20 minutes away at work and Maggie/Paul are still in bed? Who let the dogs lose, and why?

How did Alex get from work to Moselle faster than emergency services got to the house? That doesn't add up.

Twenty four minutes between Maggie hearing Gloria fall and calling 911. Where was Alex 24 minutes prior to the 911 call. Was he at work, as he said, 6 minutes from work, lurking around the kennels? How did he get to Gloria faster than the ambulance?

Maggie called Alex 45 minutes after she woke up due to the trip and fall, yet Alex arrived first. How does that happen unless Alex is nearby waiting for the call?
Someone could have used the dogs as weapons. Gloria fed them so they would have been very happy/excited to see her when she first arrived. A properly timed opening of the front door when Gloria was near the top of the steps would allow the dogs to charge out and jump up on her. They knew that death or serious injury was not guaranteed but regardless of how it turned out they could claim an accident. Many dogs, if not well trained, get excited when they first see someone, especially if she is their food provider.

Last edited:
Thanks!!! I did not hear the jury selection. Were the attorneys on both sides limited to a specific number of exclusions?

Yes, they were limited. I'm weird and make spreadsheets for all of the trials I follow and these are my notes.

The defense got 10 strikes for the main panel and the prosecution got 5. For alternates, the defense got 12 strikes and the prosecution got 6. The main panel had been seated by the time they got to Juror 530 (James) and the defense still had 9 alternate strikes left when they agreed to him.

10:04 A.M. — CROSBY TOLD MURDAUGH ABOUT DYING FRIEND’S FINANCIAL STRUGGLES

Ronnie Crosby, one of Murdaugh’s former law partners, testified that Murdaugh knew and acknowledged that their mutual friend Barrett Boulware had fallen into dire financial straits while he was dying of colon cancer.

Murdaugh has admitted to stealing from Boulware, who had been his business partner in a series of real estate transactions, during his illness.

“It looks bad. It looks like Barrett is going to die,” Crosby testified said he told Murdaugh.

Crosby said that he was trying to help sell off some waterfront plots owned by Boulware to raise enough money for Boulware to continue staying near the Mayo Clinic in Jacknsonville, Florida, where Boulware was getting treatment for Stage 4 colon cancer.

Crosby said that Murdaugh, “acknowledged it,” and told Crosby that “it was good what I was doing for Barrett.”

Crosby said Murdaugh went on to steal an insurance check owed to Boulware and some money belonging to his estate that came through the law firm.

On the stand, Murdaugh admitted to stealing from Boulware, a former shrimper who became a successful real estate developer.

It’s my opinion he stole Moselle as well.
BBM
I have always wanted to say this. But I didn't know how to back it up.

Maggie or someone could have used the dogs as weapons. Gloria fed them so they would have been very happy/excited to see her when she first arrived. A properly timed opening of the front door when Gloria was near the top of the steps would allow the dogs to charge out and jump up on her. They knew that death or serious injury was not guaranteed but regardless of how it turned out they could claim an accident. Many dogs, if not well trained, get excited when they first see someone, especially if she is their food provider.
Isn't this the woman who has fed these dogs time and time and time again? And now they knock her down because they are excited? MOO that is a not feasible.

Yes, they were limited. I'm weird and make spreadsheets for all of the trials I follow and these are my notes.

The defense got 10 strikes for the main panel and the prosecution got 5. For alternates, the defense got 12 strikes and the prosecution got 6. The main panel had been seated by the time they got to Juror 530 (James) and the defense still had 9 alternate strikes left when they agreed to him.
Thanks, you always have the correct information!!! Love spreadsheets ♡

I dont understand. The accident was several years after the property transfer. Frequently, people transfer property. The transfer was 2016. Boat accident was much later. While in 2021 he was under scrutiny and whatever for money crimes going back to 2011, none of that had come to light in 2016. Lots of people have just one spouse as the owner of property. For example, if you are in a high exposure job for law suits like a lawyer or doctor where malpractice might not cover you sufficiently. I dont see that transfer as being deemed fraudulent. MOO
Maybe because at the time he was doing it, he was stealing from clients. Perhaps the reasoning goes that he did it with consciousness of guilt and in order to protect his assets from consequences of illegal activity.

I'm just coming back to say that I feel sorry for BM.
He's lost his entire family and is now being hounded by the press just trying to get back to some semblance of normal life - whatever that may look like for him now. <modsnip>BM is very much a victim of his father to a much lesser degree than MM and PM, obviously, but the effects on him will be longer reaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this the woman who has fed these dogs time and time and time again? And now they knock her down because they are excited? MOO that is a not feasible.
The dogs wouldn't have known they were endangering her. I've had many dogs and they jump up on you in excitement and aren't thinking about how it could put you off balance. Most just aren't that smart. I've had both legs completely taken out from under me when my dog saw a something out the window and I was unfortunately in her path.

Well, as our thread is getting long, I feel somewhat confident in opining that in this case, Alec Murdaugh will attempt to run some kind of prison group (buying people with commissary donations, other crap he'll do) PLUS he gets to go to court! Often! And for the next decade if he chooses!

Unlike your typical murderer, he gets to get in the van and go to court way more often. And see his family and use his waning mental faculties to be a pretend-lawyer and to explore his real new identity as criminal disbarred lawyer.

IMO.
"Better Call Alex!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members