TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is this possible that someone could be so incredibly, unbelieveably immature, irresponsible and completely DUMB and self-centered to fake a note from their missing wife while having no damn clue what happened and where she is?
Just assumming that - cause of this huge fight they just had days prior - she decided to leave, run away with some friends, ghost him forever. And being so sure of it (maybe not realising that Julie was just 9) that the only thing they'd have in mind would be to calm everybody down and buy himself some time before they all would learn that his second marriage is also a faillure?

I can't force myself to consider this being a possibility, cause it's just too crazy, but in the same time "too crazy" seems eerily accurate description of multiple actions Rachel's family members took.

Do you all also tend to assume that TT and DA's relationship and brief engagement happening between his first wife and Rachel?

I guess I always assumed that it was after his marriage but I suppose it could have been before. I can't remember if I've ever heard for sure. Maybe someone else does.

I always wondered if TT and DA could have met through ST, and/or DA could have been a reason for their divorce. I don't really have any basis for thinking either of these things but it's just something I've always wondered. I sure would like to know how they met and when.

No. It supposed to be a tiny unit, some kiosk located in some distance from the stores, in the parking area but I have no idea where exactly.
Check out the post by TheHiredGun on Thread #2, pg 4, post 64-- see if that helps.

Here's my thoughts on it,

1) the girls were not at the mall as long as you have suggested they could have been.

2) the girls were at the mall as long as you have suggested they could have been and Renee ditched her 4 o' clock plans.

3) they were there as long as you have suggested, LE is wrong about them leaving with someone they knew and they were abducted by a stranger in the parking lot or somehow on the short drive home.

4) they were there for that long, they did leave with someone they know in Rachels car and that person abducted them before their 4 o' clock return.

5) they were never at the mall.

It seems like I had another one but oh well, if so maybe I"ll think of it again later.

BTW, do you know where the post office was located?
Some good points there, T.Rex.

JMO, I would somewhat rule out point 3, due to 'Runaway' Letter and the way it was delivered to LE, without an envelope. It makes stranger abduction less likely, IMO.

In case I am missing something obvious, would anyone have any good theory why LE have never deviated from the idea that girls left the Mall with someone 'they knew and trusted' ?

The only theories I can think of are :-

1. They have some irrefutable evidence (still undisclosed to the public) that they were the girls were there.

2. They went along with the narrative that the girls disappeared from there from the start.

3. They just didnt and still don't have the time/manpower to have a deep look at this case.

I guess I always assumed that it was after his marriage but I suppose it could have been before. I can't remember if I've ever heard for sure. Maybe someone else does.

I always wondered if TT and DA could have met through ST, and/or DA could have been a reason for their divorce. I don't really have any basis for thinking either of these things but it's just something I've always wondered. I sure would like to know how they met and when.
IIRC, we've been told TT and DA reIationship took place between marriages to ST and RA. Not sure how accurate that is. I, too, am curious as to how well DA and ST knew each other.

In case I am missing something obvious, would anyone have any good theory why LE have never deviated from the idea that girls left the Mall with someone 'they knew and trusted' ?

1. They have some irrefutable evidence (still undisclosed to the public) that they were the girls were there.

2. They went along with the narrative that the girls disappeared from there from the start.

3. They just didnt and still don't have the time/manpower to have a deep look at this case.
I vote for 2 and 3. I don't even believe that the crime occurred at the mall. They might have been there and left with VB, but I believe that the crime occurred later at the house on Minot. I don't believe that VB was directly involved in the disappearance aside from factoring into the killer's motive.

There seems to be pretty good evidence to support #1. We know they have info unknown to the public. They have been extremely tight-lipped about this case for years, and I don't believe it was because they had nothing to work with. Detective Boetcher's statement in 2001 was very carefully worded.

I vote for 2 and 3. I don't even believe that the crime occurred at the mall. They might have been there and left with VB, but I believe that the crime occurred later at the house on Minot. I don't believe that VB was directly involved in the disappearance aside from factoring into the killer's motive.
That would be the most likely theory IMO too for the same reasons that you have laid out.

Although the venue seems most likely too, I have a couple of nagging doubts, e.g :-

The neighbours not hearing/seeing anything unusual.

The distance from the house to the Mall when it comes to 'staging' the car. I did not realise until recently that it was quite a distance. Still 'doable' in the timeframe though.

The answer to this mystery has been in plain sight from the start. Get the envelope of the letter left in the mail box the followinig day....yeah, somehow the perpetrator(s) knew all this information.....anyway, get the envolope and seeing that no "stamp" was utilized, swab the area of the envolope where someone would lick and seal said envolope for unknown DNA profile. Enter unknown DNA sample into DNA geneological website such as gedmatch and..........SOLVED.
But it is not that simple.
What if the letter really was never in the envelope? No one saw the letter inside it except for one person claiming it was.

But it is not that simple.
What if the letter really was never in the envelope? No one saw the letter inside it except for one person claiming it was.
I think that if you swab the seal on that envelope the chances are high that you will get the DNA of someone who has nothing to do with the case. Nevertheless, if possible it should be tested again.

Some good points there, T.Rex.

JMO, I would somewhat rule out point 3, due to 'Runaway' Letter and the way it was delivered to LE, without an envelope. It makes stranger abduction less likely, IMO.

I have more than somewhat ruled out a stranger, I have almost completely ruled it out. I personally don't believe they were at the mall for all that long. I was just trying to list the ways they could have stayed longer and still expected to be back by 4 but I think they would have left by early afternoon with someone that was not a stranger to at least one of them.

Yes there are definitely some issues with the A family, and coupled with their behaviour ever since the girls went missing, its difficult to accept there isnt some connection....imo of course
The "behavior" of the A family in this case has been commented on frequently. Out of curiousity, has there been such a marked difference in their behavior? Dysfunctional families are called "dysfunctional" for a reason. I mean no offense, I'm just trying to understand the difference between "before" and "after" (not knowing them personally).

Thinking about Det. Boetcher's comments back in 2001, a few things stick out to me:
1. DNA- they have it, and have possibly retested it, or planned to (as I interpret it)
2. Who was with the girls- seen with one, but likely more than one involved. This one's a toughy (for me), because I interpret it as someone they know and/or trust being used as a "decoy", to lure them to another location (and to someone else), and I'm stuck.
PS, the "decoy" may or may not know they're being used as such.

Anybody know where RA was on the 23rd. In one interview he said he was being dragged by his Mom to ALL the stores. I've heard RA do a lot of talking BUT not about where he was on that day. After ALL he was 11 years old. I have a good memory of things when I was 11. I'm just wondering if he was with his Mom or Dad or was stashed away somewhere else out of the way.

But is this possible that someone could be so incredibly, unbelieveably immature, irresponsible and completely DUMB and self-centered to fake a note from their missing wife while having no damn clue what happened and where she is?
Just assumming that - cause of this huge fight they just had days prior - she decided to leave, run away with some friends, ghost him forever. And being so sure of it (maybe not realising that Julie was just 9) that the only thing they'd have in mind would be to calm everybody down and buy himself some time before they all would learn that his second marriage is also a faillure?

I can't force myself to consider this being a possibility, cause it's just too crazy, but in the same time "too crazy" seems eerily accurate description of multiple actions Rachel's family members took.
Sadly, it really is possible.

Anybody know where RA was on the 23rd. In one interview he said he was being dragged by his Mom to ALL the stores. I've heard RA do a lot of talking BUT not about where he was on that day. After ALL he was 11 years old. I have a good memory of things when I was 11. I'm just wondering if he was with his Mom or Dad or was stashed away somewhere else out of the way.
I've actually been wondering about that, myself. We've been fed a lot of "I was just a wittle kid" rhetoric about that one.

I think that if you swab the seal on that envelope the chances are high that you will get the DNA of someone who has nothing to do with the case. Nevertheless, if possible it should be tested again.
I agree. It would be great if the DNA could lead back to a person who is still living and who remembers using that envelope to send something other than that letter to TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth