Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

MOO but I suspect the difference in NM’s appearance of intoxication could be related to substances being used. Someone who has too much to drink will, yes, appear ‘drunk’, possibly staggering and slurring words, disoriented. But someone who has used something along the lines of coke/crack/meth will be quite alert and will ‘sober up’ from alcohol quite quickly. JMO but his demeanor at the bus station might be because he used something and ‘perked up’ and might have seemed out of place but not ‘in distress’ or physically unable to get himself home.

If there happened to be substances used later and they were something different (laced with fentanyl), it would have been a very different reaction.

It seems like the video of his walking with this person was back in the direction of his hotel, is that right? Do we know exactly where that was filmed and what time?

Here is an article with new photos. The photo at the bottom is one I saw the other day and looks so different to the images that have been shared in MSM and by LE so far.

Here is an article with new photos. The photo at the bottom is one I saw the other day and looks so different to the images that have been shared in MSM and by LE so far.

I don't see any "new photos"?
The one at the bottom was in the missing "posters" by both the AWARE Foundation and Texas EquuSearch.
But could be my laptop messing with me and not showing all the pictures...

MOO but I suspect the difference in NM’s appearance of intoxication could be related to substances being used. Someone who has too much to drink will, yes, appear ‘drunk’, possibly staggering and slurring words, disoriented. But someone who has used something along the lines of coke/crack/meth will be quite alert and will ‘sober up’ from alcohol quite quickly. JMO but his demeanor at the bus station might be because he used something and ‘perked up’ and might have seemed out of place but not ‘in distress’ or physically unable to get himself home.

If there happened to be substances used later and they were something different (laced with fentanyl), it would have been a very different reaction.

It seems like the video of his walking with this person was back in the direction of his hotel, is that right? Do we know exactly where that was filmed and what time?
They were about two blocks from the Greyhound station headed toward downtown.
That camera is perched under an awning on the right hand side of the Arkel Constructors building.

IMG_3050.jpgIMG_3052.jpg

Only just got round to doing the presser.

TRANSCRIPTION OF PRESS CONFERENCE

6TH MARCH

CHIEF
- Today, we wanted to hold a press conference concerning the investigation that initiated as a missing person, involving Nathan Millard. First, I want to start by asking our community to lift the family of Nathan Millard up in prayer and that we're sorry for their loss and we understand the emotions and the trauma that this tragedy has presented to the family. We wanted to provide this update because we understand the public's interest in these investigations and the desire to want information, immediately. We want to remind the public that these investigations take time and it's a process.

The Baton Rouge Police Department first received a missing person report on February, 23rd., 2023, concerning Mr. Millard. This investigation was assigned to our Special Victims Unit Missing Persons Division, who immediately began an investigation. Mr. Millard's body was discovered on Monday, March 6th., 2023 in the 2900 block of Scenic Highway. On today, the EBR Coroner's Office released a preliminary report, that states as follows:

"On March, 7, 2023, an autopsy was conducted on the remains of Nathan Millard, 42 yrs. old. The preliminary results are as follows: no evidence of internal or external trauma noted. The final autopsy results, pending further studies, including toxicology testing. The cause of death and manner of death are pending completion of the final autopsy report. If you have any questions concerning the autopsy, please contact the EBR Parish Coroner's Office at 225-389-3047."

I want to reassure the public that our detectives and our police officers have worked diligently to trace Mr. Millard's whereabouts and to interview all persons who were in contact with him, as well as witnesses, as well as gathering all video evidence that was available. I'm going to ask our VCU Commander, Captain Kevin Hines, to provide the public with a timeline, as well as information concerning our investigative efforts. I want to say this before Captain Hines comes up - We dedicated many resources and we still are investigating this ongoing investigation. Our training Academy, our Special Victims Unit, our Homicide Division, our Street Crime Unit, there's been many searches that have been completed throughout this investigation. So, we have been working behind the scenes, around the clock, since this investigation began. Now, I'm going to ask Captain Hines to provide the timeline and information concerning out investigative efforts.

CAPTAIN - Good afternoon. I just want to go over a couple of things that were discovered during the course of our investigation. There are going to be some details that I'm going to leave out, for the fact that we are still investigating how Mr. Millard ended up where he did, and what happened between the time he was last seen and the time that his remains were located.

So, the report was made on the 23rd., early that morning, about Mr. Millard being missing. Our detectives immediately began to investigate, they were able to determine that at about 10:30 p.m., the night prior, Mr. Millard left an establishment downtown. We were able to track his movements by using the surveillance equipment available at local businesses in the area. We discovered that he went to the Greyhound Bus Station on Florida Blvd. approximately an hour after he left the downtown establishment. At the bus station he was actually offered help by a security guard at that location, which he declined. The security guard offered to call him a ride, offered to get him an Uber, to call the police for him. He didn't appear to be in distress, she just felt as though he was out of place. He declined that offer and he left there under his own accord. He was seen throughout the next several hours. We were able to track him to several different businesses in the Baton Rouge area and he was last seen... the last location that we were able to put him at was about 4:30 on Wednesday morning.

We are talking to anyone who has had contact with him, that we can find. We are currently asking that if anybody did have any contact with him during that time, or after, that they reach out to the Baton Rouge Police Department, they can call Crime Stoppers 225-344-STOP (7867) and give the information to us that they are aware of what Mr. Millard's activities were, or where he was, or who he was with, around that time. We're interested to talk to anybody who may have had any sort of interaction with him, whatsoever, during that time.

What I can say, is that at no point in time, on any of the information that we received or the videos that we've seen, does Mr. Millard appear to have been in any sort of distress. He appeared to be at those locations under his own power and it didn't appear that there was anything taking place criminally. At this time, we don't have any indication that there was any foul play involved. We are looking into how he ended up where he was, like I said before, but as of right now, we're just asking for anybody that may have had contact with Mr. Millard, since the night of the 22nd., to contact the Police Department and let us know.

CHIEF - I want to say this, because I know there's a lot of information out there. This is still an ongoing investigation and we do know that there has been information that has been released or that has been obtained, or reported by the media. We're not going to comment on any unofficial information. Any information that was not released by the Police Department, unofficially. Like I said, this is an ongoing investigation and we don't want to release any information that is going to compromise the integrity of that investigation.

Here's what I want to reassure the public - We have so many events downtown, in our city of Baton Rouge, just last weekend, the weekend prior to that, and so many more. Our downtown district, all the redevelopment that's going on down there, not just for events, we see the residential portion of our downtown development district is growing, as well as businesses. It is a safe place, it's a safe place to live, it's a safe place to participate in the events and we are proud of the work that's going on downtown. Our business leaders downtown invested in the camera programmes downtown, so that not only you feel safe but that when something does happen, that we have another tool in the chest that can help us in our investigative efforts and that's what happened in this case. Not just those cameras that we have, but also cameras that are provided by businesses in the area as well. And, I'm going to ask out to say a few words.

(Downtown Development District Director, Whitney Hoffman, offers condolences to family, thanks BRPD and reiterates how safe downtown is)

CHIEF - We'll take questions at this time. Before that, I want to make sure that the public know that this is still an ongoing investigation. I'm going to continue saying that this is an ongoing investigation, but I also want to thank our partners who have helped us. I want to thank the United Cajun Navy, who came out and helped us hand out some goods to our homeless population, at the same time, helping us search for the whereabouts of Mr. Millard and I also want to thank Texas Equusearch for also assisting us in those efforts, but I also want to thank all of our residents who took the time to pick up the phone and provide information. Those who called CrimeStoppers, thank you. Those who, right now, are a little hesitant to pick up the phone and call us, to just help us with a little more information and fill some of those gaps in our investigative efforts, we look forward to hearing your call as well. We know what happens in this community when people in the community step up, when they're not scared, they're not afraid, when they get involved and they help us and we look forward to those phone calls as well. So, I'll take questions at this time.

REPORTER - Does it appear his body was dumped at the location that he was found?, and if so, What are you doing to find the person or persons who dumped his body there?

CAPTAIN - So, it does appear that he was left there but that's not where, most likely, not where he died. We are... I don't want to go into the details or our investigative efforts, but efforts are underway to locate and to talk to whoever may have put him there. And look, we'll ask, whoever put him there, if something happened and there was a moment of panic, come forward, we just want to know what happened to him, our goal is to find out what happened to him.

REPORTER - Do you believe drugs were involved?

CAPTAIN - I don't want to comment on that right now. I don't believe... I think I'm going to leave that for the Coroner's office. I know they're going to do a full toxicology and those will be released later, but I'm not going to... I don't want to comment on that right now, for the benefit of the family.

REPORTER - You said the last location.. you guys, I guess, got him on camera at 4:30 - Can you say where that was?

CAPTAIN - I don't want to say where that was, right now, because that is still part of our investigation, our attempt to locate the individuals that may have been with him at that time. We don't want to give... we would rather the people, that we talk to, give us that information to verify it, as opposed to us putting it out and now it's out in public record.

REPORTER - Do you all have any idea... or do you think you have a good idea of who those individuals are that may...?

CAPTAIN - Once again, I don't want to comment one way or the other on that, but efforts are still underway.

REPORTER - It was reported that his body was wrapped up in a rug. The rug is still sitting there and a lot of people want to know why it wasn't collected?

CAPTAIN - Ok, so whenever we go to a crime scene, our detectives and our crime scene investigators, they confer with each other on what needs to be taken and what doesn't. They didn't deem it necessary for them to take the entire rug and I'll just leave that at that. I know there's a lot of speculation, there's a lot of information going on about what we may have found out there, what we may not have and, once again, that's part of the investigation so I don't want to put that information out, but everything that needed to be collected was collected from that scene.

REPORTER - Can you just clarify once again the no internal or external injuries from the Coroner's office what exactly they found?

CAPTAIN - I don't really know how to clear that up any. All I can tell you is that from their report, there were no signs of internal or external trauma, which to us, that kind of leads into the whole foul play thing. There doesn't appear to be any foul play, at this point. I know that he was placed there, obviously, by another individual. We would like to know who and why but just from the autopsy results, that were given by the Coroner's office, at this time, there doesn't appear to be any signs of foul play. Such as in.. just to elaborate a little bit, that would be things such as: gun shots, blunt force trauma, things that we would be looking for as investigators when investigating a death and there were no signs of that.

REPORTER - Do you guys have any evidence as to how he got from downtown to that vacant lot?

CAPTAIN - No ma'am, we do not, not at this time.
Thank you.

@starlightstarbright great point about the what type of substances were used after he left the bar - could be something that makes you super alert and out and about all night - imo

I imagine the Baton Rouge bus depot is a magnet for an endless parade of intoxicated and drugged people, as well as those looking for a place to sleep, or shoot up, or for the homeless to shelter in..... I imagine it's the job of security staff to get rid of anyone who doesn't have a ticket
As a side note, the security does not have to get rid of people with out a ticket.

Rather, the security is outside the door(s) and the new and improved Grey Hound simply does not let people in the terminal with out a ticket- period.

They follow that rule strictly as they only let me in to see my daughter off because they had confirmed she had a ticket. They also advised me that as soon as she boarded, I needed to leave. The security guard then kept an eye on me until I left.

The new policy is a big improvement from the old days, when as you indicated, the terminals served as homeless shelters, drug swap meets, and hang out spots.

Sorry I didn’t mean new photos as in new one just released today, as I made the point a few days ago about the bottom photo in that article being on the missing poster. So I should have been more clear that it’s a photo that we haven’t seen much in MSM. The smiley Facebook photos look very different and I wonder if they are from a different time in his life? I know my professional headshots are from 10 years ago because I look younger and healthier too!

The point I was trying to make (not well!) was that it’s interesting that we haven’t seen more of photos of NM looking like this. Are they not recent? Or are the recent but don’t present the right image that LE wanted to present? MOO but he looks very different and worn down in that last photo. I wouldn’t have recognised him even if I’d seen him out and about.

6TH MARCH

CHIEF
- Today, we wanted to hold a press conference concerning the investigation that initiated as a missing person, involving Nathan Millard. First, I want to start by asking our community to lift the family of Nathan Millard up in prayer and that we're sorry for their loss and we understand the emotions and the trauma that this tragedy has presented to the family. We wanted to provide this update because we understand the public's interest in these investigations and the desire to want information, immediately. We want to remind the public that these investigations take time and it's a process.

The Baton Rouge Police Department first received a missing person report on February, 23rd., 2023, concerning Mr. Millard. This investigation was assigned to our Special Victims Unit Missing Persons Division, who immediately began an investigation. Mr. Millard's body was discovered on Monday, March 6th., 2023 in the 2900 block of Scenic Highway. On today, the EBR Coroner's Office released a preliminary report, that states as follows:

"On March, 7, 2023, an autopsy was conducted on the remains of Nathan Millard, 42 yrs. old. The preliminary results are as follows: no evidence of internal or external trauma noted. The final autopsy results, pending further studies, including toxicology testing. The cause of death and manner of death are pending completion of the final autopsy report. If you have any questions concerning the autopsy, please contact the EBR Parish Coroner's Office at 225-389-3047."

I want to reassure the public that our detectives and our police officers have worked diligently to trace Mr. Millard's whereabouts and to interview all persons who were in contact with him, as well as witnesses, as well as gathering all video evidence that was available. I'm going to ask our VCU Commander, Captain Kevin Hines, to provide the public with a timeline, as well as information concerning our investigative efforts. I want to say this before Captain Hines comes up - We dedicated many resources and we still are investigating this ongoing investigation. Our training Academy, our Special Victims Unit, our Homicide Division, our Street Crime Unit, there's been many searches that have been completed throughout this investigation. So, we have been working behind the scenes, around the clock, since this investigation began. Now, I'm going to ask Captain Hines to provide the timeline and information concerning out investigative efforts.

CAPTAIN - Good afternoon. I just want to go over a couple of things that were discovered during the course of our investigation. There are going to be some details that I'm going to leave out, for the fact that we are still investigating how Mr. Millard ended up where he did, and what happened between the time he was last seen and the time that his remains were located.

So, the report was made on the 23rd., early that morning, about Mr. Millard being missing. Our detectives immediately began to investigate, they were able to determine that at about 10:30 p.m., the night prior, Mr. Millard left an establishment downtown. We were able to track his movements by using the surveillance equipment available at local businesses in the area. We discovered that he went to the Greyhound Bus Station on Florida Blvd. approximately an hour after he left the downtown establishment. At the bus station he was actually offered help by a security guard at that location, which he declined. The security guard offered to call him a ride, offered to get him an Uber, to call the police for him. He didn't appear to be in distress, she just felt as though he was out of place. He declined that offer and he left there under his own accord. He was seen throughout the next several hours. We were able to track him to several different businesses in the Baton Rouge area and he was last seen... the last location that we were able to put him at was about 4:30 on Wednesday morning.

We are talking to anyone who has had contact with him, that we can find. We are currently asking that if anybody did have any contact with him during that time, or after, that they reach out to the Baton Rouge Police Department, they can call Crime Stoppers 225-344-STOP (7867) and give the information to us that they are aware of what Mr. Millard's activities were, or where he was, or who he was with, around that time. We're interested to talk to anybody who may have had any sort of interaction with him, whatsoever, during that time.

What I can say, is that at no point in time, on any of the information that we received or the videos that we've seen, does Mr. Millard appear to have been in any sort of distress. He appeared to be at those locations under his own power and it didn't appear that there was anything taking place criminally. At this time, we don't have any indication that there was any foul play involved. We are looking into how he ended up where he was, like I said before, but as of right now, we're just asking for anybody that may have had contact with Mr. Millard, since the night of the 22nd., to contact the Police Department and let us know.

CHIEF - I want to say this, because I know there's a lot of information out there. This is still an ongoing investigation and we do know that there has been information that has been released or that has been obtained, or reported by the media. We're not going to comment on any unofficial information. Any information that was not released by the Police Department, unofficially. Like I said, this is an ongoing investigation and we don't want to release any information that is going to compromise the integrity of that investigation.

Here's what I want to reassure the public - We have so many events downtown, in our city of Baton Rouge, just last weekend, the weekend prior to that, and so many more. Our downtown district, all the redevelopment that's going on down there, not just for events, we see the residential portion of our downtown development district is growing, as well as businesses. It is a safe place, it's a safe place to live, it's a safe place to participate in the events and we are proud of the work that's going on downtown. Our business leaders downtown invested in the camera programmes downtown, so that not only you feel safe but that when something does happen, that we have another tool in the chest that can help us in our investigative efforts and that's what happened in this case. Not just those cameras that we have, but also cameras that are provided by businesses in the area as well. And, I'm going to ask out to say a few words.

(Downtown Development District Director, Whitney Hoffman, offers condolences to family, thanks BRPD and reiterates how safe downtown is)

CHIEF - We'll take questions at this time. Before that, I want to make sure that the public know that this is still an ongoing investigation. I'm going to continue saying that this is an ongoing investigation, but I also want to thank our partners who have helped us. I want to thank the United Cajun Navy, who came out and helped us hand out some goods to our homeless population, at the same time, helping us search for the whereabouts of Mr. Millard and I also want to thank Texas Equusearch for also assisting us in those efforts, but I also want to thank all of our residents who took the time to pick up the phone and provide information. Those who called CrimeStoppers, thank you. Those who, right now, are a little hesitant to pick up the phone and call us, to just help us with a little more information and fill some of those gaps in our investigative efforts, we look forward to hearing your call as well. We know what happens in this community when people in the community step up, when they're not scared, they're not afraid, when they get involved and they help us and we look forward to those phone calls as well. So, I'll take questions at this time.

REPORTER - Does it appear his body was dumped at the location that he was found?, and if so, What are you doing to find the person or persons who dumped his body there?

CAPTAIN - So, it does appear that he was left there but that's not where, most likely, not where he died. We are... I don't want to go into the details or our investigative efforts, but efforts are underway to locate and to talk to whoever may have put him there. And look, we'll ask, whoever put him there, if something happened and there was a moment of panic, come forward, we just want to know what happened to him, our goal is to find out what happened to him.

CAPTAIN - I don't want to comment on that right now. I don't believe... I think I'm going to leave that for the Coroner's office. I know they're going to do a full toxicology and those will be released later, but I'm not going to... I don't want to comment on that right now, for the benefit of the family.

REPORTER - You said the last location.. you guys, I guess, got him on camera at 4:30 - Can you say where that was?

CAPTAIN - I don't want to say where that was, right now, because that is still part of our investigation, our attempt to locate the individuals that may have been with him at that time. We don't want to give... we would rather the people, that we talk to, give us that information to verify it, as opposed to us putting it out and now it's out in public record.

REPORTER - Do you all have any idea... or do you think you have a good idea of who those individuals are that may...?

CAPTAIN - Once again, I don't want to comment one way or the other on that, but efforts are still underway.

REPORTER - It was reported that his body was wrapped up in a rug. The rug is still sitting there and a lot of people want to know why it wasn't collected?

CAPTAIN - Ok, so whenever we go to a crime scene, our detectives and our crime scene investigators, they confer with each other on what needs to be taken and what doesn't. They didn't deem it necessary for them to take the entire rug and I'll just leave that at that. I know there's a lot of speculation, there's a lot of information going on about what we may have found out there, what we may not have and, once again, that's part of the investigation so I don't want to put that information out, but everything that needed to be collected was collected from that scene.

REPORTER - Can you just clarify once again the no internal or external injuries from the Coroner's office what exactly they found?

CAPTAIN - I don't really know how to clear that up any. All I can tell you is that from their report, there were no signs of internal or external trauma, which to us, that kind of leads into the whole foul play thing. There doesn't appear to be any foul play, at this point. I know that he was placed there, obviously, by another individual. We would like to know who and why but just from the autopsy results, that were given by the Coroner's office, at this time, there doesn't appear to be any signs of foul play. Such as in.. just to elaborate a little bit, that would be things such as: gun shots, blunt force trauma, things that we would be looking for as investigators when investigating a death and there were no signs of that.

REPORTER - Do you guys have any evidence as to how he got from downtown to that vacant lot?

Thank you.
Appreciate all of your transcripts and all of your hard work doing so!

This new information from LE (thanks @Allabouttrial) seems to contradict what we heard before.

NM left Happy’s (or somewhere, actually doesn’t specify Happy’s) at 10:30pm (not 11:30 as previously reported) and was at the Greyhound bus station an hour later (11:30). And then was seen several other places up until 4:30am.

IIRC previously we thought he wasn’t at the bus station til much later (2:30am?), but sounds like he went there quite directly. And then where he actually went after that is a bit unclear? Until perhaps this sighting with the person in the video heading back towards downtown about 4:30am? That is quite a long stretch to have been somewhere in the middle of the night.

6TH MARCH

CHIEF

Thank you.
How to say drugs were involved w/out saying drugs were involved IMO. I bet he wishes he could take back the last six words. " CAPTAIN - I don't want to comment on that right now. I don't believe... I think I'm going to leave that for the Coroner's office. I know they're going to do a full toxicology and those will be released later, but I'm not going to... I don't want to comment on that right now, for the benefit of the family. BBM. ALL IMO

Sorry I didn’t mean new photos as in new one just released today, as I made the point a few days ago about the bottom photo in that article being on the missing poster. So I should have been more clear that it’s a photo that we haven’t seen much in MSM. The smiley Facebook photos look very different and I wonder if they are from a different time in his life? I know my professional headshots are from 10 years ago because I look younger and healthier too!

The point I was trying to make (not well!) was that it’s interesting that we haven’t seen more of photos of NM looking like this. Are they not recent? Or are the recent but don’t present the right image that LE wanted to present? MOO but he looks very different and worn down in that last photo. I wouldn’t have recognised him even if I’d seen him out and about.
I know what you mean.

Possibly it's a more recent photo, plus he's not smiling so broadly/showing teeth, which he probably wasn't doing that night.

I would say, he wasn't overly concerned about his appearance when he took that selfie: it's a very unflattering angle, one's face sags towards the camera. And the stubble doesn't looks like how fashionable 'designer stubble' is supposed to.look, but lots of guys are doing that these days...

JMO

MOD NOTE

I’ve had to remove dozens of comments discussing a source that is not approved.
If you want to post an article or source that isn’t obviously mainstream media, it is usually a good idea to ask permission prior to doing so. Use the report feature on any post and provide us with a link and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

I am allowing one video (the interview with Tim Miller) but that does not give blanket approval of this source.

As a reminder, law enforcement has not named any suspects or persons of interest as of this post. So, please stop making insinuations about persons mentioned in relation to Nathan’s case.

If you have a question, utilize the report feature on any post. Thanks,
Mad

6TH MARCH

CHIEF
sbm Thank you so much!

MOD NOTE

I’ve had to remove dozens of comments discussing a source that is not approved.
If you want to post an article or source that isn’t obviously mainstream media, it is usually a good idea to ask permission prior to doing so. Use the report feature on any post and provide us with a link and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

I am allowing one video (the interview with Tim Miller) but that does not give blanket approval of this source.

As a reminder, law enforcement has not named any suspects or persons of interest as of this post. So, please stop making insinuations about persons mentioned in relation to Nathan’s case.

If you have a question, utilize the report feature on any post. Thanks,
Mad
We were anticipating this interview and have approved it as well. Thank you @CHEL for bringing it to my attention!

Interesting. I wonder who Nathan was walking with in that clip. I’m going to assume he is the one who appears to drop something and if so he stopped rather quickly to pick up whatever that something was so if nothing else that at least indicates he was fairly alert at the time. /JMO

I know we are not owed anything but I selfishly wish LE would have released more if not all of the clips from the surveillance cameras he was captured on that night.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder who Nathan was walking with in that clip. I’m going to assume he is the one who appears to drop something and if so he stopped rather quickly to pick up whatever that something was so if nothing else that at least indicates he was fairly alert at the time. /JMO

I know we are not owed anything but I selfishly wish LE would have released more if not all of the clips from the surveillance cameras he was captured on that night.
The article says Nathan is the guy in the dark shirt. It's the guy in the light-coloured shirt who drops something.

sbm from the WBRZ article
Moore says we still have to wait for the full autopsy report, but more than likely the person or persons who dumped Millard's body will be held criminally responsible.

"Obstruction of justice I believe would fit in this particular case."

That's a charge that can carry up to 40 years in jail.

In Nathan's case it seems more like "whoever" wanted to hide the body and not just dump it.
I couldn't find the place now on Google maps, but that old garage where he was found was quite a distance away from the road and also not facing towards it.
If they were just wanting to "dump" him they could have just dropped him next to the funeral home.
imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back