SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice summary..I so agree that so many will be ""looking for exits"....no one will stand by this liar...even family...at some point JMM will get tired of his fixer role and just hope they don't go after him. I still think justice got sort of lucky on this one in that not one on the jury had "reasonable doubt".
100% AM's defense may toot their appeal horns now with some light's still shining on the case but once the stage lights dim those who stood by AM's side will be looking for exit's. AM was wrung dry of any funds he may have had by his defense team and we know they will not continue to support AM out of the goodness of their hearts. AM's admitting to his financial crimes during the murder trial didn't help upcoming cases he must face and any defense standing with him is there just for an extra minute or so of fleeting fame. AM will spend his life reduced to being a jail house lawyer trading advice for favors and Top Ramen noodles while at night haunted by those lives he destroyed and took, we can only hope.
ce

Let's suppose that Stephen ran out of gas on the highway, parked his car, left his wallet, left the gas cap dangling and walked West into the forest because he knew he was 4 miles from home.

Where was his phone? He didn't phone anyone when he had car trouble?

Maybe he phoned a friend and started walking? If so, what time? Who lives on the properties that he cut through that night?
From reports on various news outlet websites, he had his car key on him and his Iphone. his wallet was in the car. from various reporting, LE ultimately obtained his clothes and Iphone. (most likely because LE initially said there was no evidence of a vehicle involved). car was out of gas. no other info about whether his phone log was investigated at that time.

nice summary..I so agree that so many will be ""looking for exits"....no one will stand by this liar...even family...at some point JMM will get tired of his fixer role and just hope they don't go after him. I still think justice got sort of lucky on this one in that not one on the jury had "reasonable doubt".

ce
The justice train had Karma riding along with us as well and there are times when the higher power or what righteousness one calls upon makes itself known saying "Enough is enough!".

From reports on various news outlet websites, he had his car key on him and his Iphone. his wallet was in the car. from various reporting, LE ultimately obtained his clothes and Iphone. (most likely because LE initially said there was no evidence of a vehicle involved). car was out of gas. no other info about whether his phone log was investigated at that time.
I wonder if the gas/petrol had been siphoned off after what happened to Stephen to give the impression he had ran out of gas/petrol for the reason he had stopped the car.

Maybe a car had stopped in front of him on the pretence the person needed some form of help, hence Stephen getting out of his car.

question: AM life insurance: wonder if that is still in effect. reporting indicates he was allowed to cash out his 401k for legal representation only. it would seem that he would not be able to maintain this life insurance policy premium cost. anyone know?

disposition of (possible) trust from AM's father (and/or) upon the death of his mother....how would that be handled?

question: AM life insurance: wonder if that is still in effect. reporting indicates he was allowed to cash out his 401k for legal representation only. it would seem that he would not be able to maintain this life insurance policy premium cost. anyone know?

disposition of (possible) trust from AM's father (and/or) upon the death of his mother....how would that be handled?
There is a clause in life insurance policy that it can be canceled due to circumstances like this.

The justice train had Karma riding along with us as well and there are times when the higher power or what righteousness one calls upon makes itself known saying "Enough is enough!".
Yep..I was prepared...I have watched a few trials where thanks to a hung jury someone that I so knew was guilty walked away...I remember saying when this went to the jury that if this is another hung jury I may have to stop watching anymore trials...too frustrating.

What’s next for Alex Murdaugh?

@TheEricBland expects AG to move “full-speed ahead” on financial crimes cases, doesn’t think Alex will plead guilty.

@ATTYswilliamsdoesn’t believe defense has strong grounds for appeal on the murder convictions.
at the risk of sounding dumb...can they use the testimony in the murder trial if he would actually plead not guilty and go to trial for the financial crimes. ? I agree CW will move this quickly and the judge will help any way he can. It all seems so pointless.

Last edited:
I wonder if the gas/petrol had been siphoned off after what happened to Stephen to give the impression he had ran out of gas/petrol for the reason he had stopped the car.

Maybe a car had stopped in front of him on the pretence the person needed some form of help, hence Stephen getting out of his car.
I've heard that possibility before, and very curious. I wonder if the Truth will ever be known, as LE Reports at the scene seem incomplete, to say the least. I fear his real killer will not be found, as much local LE at the time, were either 'friends', bought out, borrowed money from AM, etc., and I pray there will be a Full Investigation about those, as well as the surrounding Counties. Frankly, I am horrified at the implications overall. Honest LE like SLED and State Prosecutors, have their work cut out for them.
I can only Imagine how many cases of all kinds Am and his cohorts 'Fixed', and whether any of those will be investigated. WOW! MOO Stay Tuned...

Today I watched a Fits episode on the recap/end of the Case, and they said the Removed Juror has said she was a Not Guilty vote, and would not have changed it. Sounds fishy and idiotic, as even those who had questions, which is honest, talked it through, and also listened before making a final decision. Assuming only makes an *advertiser censored* out of U and Me. MOO

Alex Murdaugh Lawyered Up Immediately After Killing Family — Did It Hurt His Case: Floyd Abrams Speaking Freely
Lawyers advise that If being questioned by LE, Always aske for representation before answering questions. Makes sense overall. Innocent people have been tricked by LE all too often. Look at how many were found Not Guilty by the Innocence Project. Most of those were/are poor, and likely black, with no money to defend themselves, and some not even knowing how to read or write...
Definitely Not the case here! Thankfully, this Jury decided the Verdict based on Facts, and Not Money or Reputation. MOO

A DM article from June 25, 2021

EXCLUSIVE: Cops investigating death of gay teen 'killed in hit-and-run' were convinced it was homicide and pursued tips questioning boy's 'relationship' with heir of powerful South Carolina family, whose mother and brother were shot dead

[…]

Now, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal that initial investigators found no evidence of any vehicle accident, were convinced that the victim had a gunshot wound above his right eye, and received tips questioning whether Smith had a relationship with Paul's older brother, Richard 'Buster' Murdaugh, 26.

The original incident report written by South Carolina Highway Patrol investigators on the scene and contained in the Multi-Disciplinary Accident Investigation (MAIT) case file obtained by DailyMail.com states: 'The victim was found in the middle of Sandy Run Road deceased from some sort of blunt force trauma to the head. Responded to the scene. I saw no vehicle debris, skid marks, or injuries consistent with someone being struck by a vehicle.' The report continues: 'The shoes were loosely tied, and both were still on. After consulting with MAIT we see no evidence to suggest the victim was struck by a vehicle.'

A second incident report signed by two deputies from Hampton County Sheriff's office who responded to the first reports of a body stated: 'I spotted a person laying in the middle of Sandy Run…The person was a white young male with a severe head wound.'

It continues: 'After inspecting the body, it appears the victim had been shot.'

A third narrative written by a MAIT officer who is not named and was called at 5:35am on the morning of July 8, 2015, states that after initially being advised of a 'possible Hit & Run fatality' he arrived on the scene to be told by Hampton County Coroner Ernie Washington that it was a homicide.

The report reads: 'He pointed out the wound to be a gunshot wound and showed me the entry point. Assistant Coroner Kelly Greene then began to show me photographs they took, again pointing to the entry point to the head and also a defensive wound to the hand.'

It states: 'I asked for clarity if they were sure, it was a homicide, and their response was yes.'

[…]
Cops investigating teen's death questioned his links to the Murdaughs

Today I watched a Fits episode on the recap/end of the Case, and they said the Removed Juror has said she was a Not Guilty vote, and would not have changed it. Sounds fishy and idiotic, as even those who had questions, which is honest, talked it through, and also listened before making a final decision. Assuming only makes an *advertiser censored* out of U and Me. MOO
That's good she's saying she was a not guilty vote. If the defense wants to bring it up that she was dismissed because she was a NG vote and the prosecution knew that, it stands to reason that the only way anyone could have known her vote or even which way she was leaning, was because she TALKED when she wasn't supposed to. What a dummy.
jmo

A DM article from June 25, 2021

EXCLUSIVE: Cops investigating death of gay teen 'killed in hit-and-run' were convinced it was homicide and pursued tips questioning boy's 'relationship' with heir of powerful South Carolina family, whose mother and brother were shot dead

[…]

Now, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal that initial investigators found no evidence of any vehicle accident, were convinced that the victim had a gunshot wound above his right eye, and received tips questioning whether Smith had a relationship with Paul's older brother, Richard 'Buster' Murdaugh, 26.

The original incident report written by South Carolina Highway Patrol investigators on the scene and contained in the Multi-Disciplinary Accident Investigation (MAIT) case file obtained by DailyMail.com states: 'The victim was found in the middle of Sandy Run Road deceased from some sort of blunt force trauma to the head. Responded to the scene. I saw no vehicle debris, skid marks, or injuries consistent with someone being struck by a vehicle.' The report continues: 'The shoes were loosely tied, and both were still on. After consulting with MAIT we see no evidence to suggest the victim was struck by a vehicle.'

A second incident report signed by two deputies from Hampton County Sheriff's office who responded to the first reports of a body stated: 'I spotted a person laying in the middle of Sandy Run…The person was a white young male with a severe head wound.'

It continues: 'After inspecting the body, it appears the victim had been shot.'

A third narrative written by a MAIT officer who is not named and was called at 5:35am on the morning of July 8, 2015, states that after initially being advised of a 'possible Hit & Run fatality' he arrived on the scene to be told by Hampton County Coroner Ernie Washington that it was a homicide.

The report reads: 'He pointed out the wound to be a gunshot wound and showed me the entry point. Assistant Coroner Kelly Greene then began to show me photographs they took, again pointing to the entry point to the head and also a defensive wound to the hand.'

It states: 'I asked for clarity if they were sure, it was a homicide, and their response was yes.'

[…]
Cops investigating teen's death questioned his links to the Murdaughs
Interesting, as I read different reports. Hmm. If true, Why was this not followed up??? Seems he was obviously Murdered and Not any kind of car accident. MOO

again until I hear that juror say that it is speculation...but if so this must be devastating for the defense team...did she make the mistake of saying this or email this view to people in the community that brought it forward to hopefully stop a hung jury? She will not be talking so we will probably never know. I suspect the other jurors have an idea of what she was thinking based on behavior etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member