FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DeDee or @clearskies1 - just wonder if either of could see if Adelson has any hearings coming up & anything else filed?

TIA! :)
The docket has an entry for 4/21/23 at 10:00 am but there is no event description -- it's blank. Not sure if that was a canceled event because the trial was postponed. Other than the blank 4/21/23 event, nothing is currently listed.

The last two court filings were on 3/2/23 -- signed Protective Order for C. Adelson; and on 3/7/23 -- transcript of motion hearing and case management held on 2/28/23. :)

The docket has an entry for 4/21/23 at 10:00 am but there is no event description -- it's blank. Not sure if that was a canceled event because the trial was postponed. Other than the blank 4/21/23 event, nothing is currently listed.

The last two court filings were on 3/2/23 -- signed Protective Order for C. Adelson; and on 3/7/23 -- transcript of motion hearing and case management held on 2/28/23. :)

Thank you for that info. I shall go ahead & put him on 4/21 - and will get back here in a few weeks - and see if that has changed or something new has been added.
Again - thanks!
The Waving Smiley Smiley

Is KM still in Tallahassee? I tried to look it up but obviously don’t know what I’m doing because I couldn’t find her.

Is the State finished proffering? Why would they continue to keep her in Tallahassee? Can the State keep bringing her in for more questioning?

I didn’t get a chance to watch the entire hearing, but did find some comfort in hearing, per Mentour Lawyer, that after Rashbaum stated that KM’s proffer didn’t implicate CA, the judge stated the the proffer could be interrupted differently.

Vine link no longer shows KM in the custody of Leon County Sheriff, Tallahassee, FL, but shows her status as in custody at the Lowell Annex located in Ocala, Florida:

KATHERINE D MAGBANUA​

Custody Record
Age38
GenderFemale
RaceUnknown
FL: Florida Department of Corrections
ID NumberU71***
Custody Status In Custody
Custody Detail Lowell Annex

2/28/23

[..]

Leon County Judge Robert Wheeler granted a motion filed by Charlie Adelson’s attorney asking to move the trial from a late April start date to late Summer. Due to various scheduling conflicts between the court and the attorneys, a September or October trial seemed more likely.

A date was not set Tuesday in court, as both sides will continue to review the calendar.

Adelson is accused of orchestrating a murder-for-hire of FSU Law Professor Dan Markel in July 2014.

The Court also reviewed a motion filed by Adelson’s attorney, Daniel Rashbaum, asking to seal an interview between prosecutors and Katherine Magbanua.

[..]

Rashbaum told the Court he had reviewed the interview tapes and believed they included nothing that would incriminate Adelson, and he believed the State would not call her to the stand in the upcoming trial.

Gray Television, the parent company of WCTV, filed a response asking Judge Wheeler to deny the request to seal Magbanua’s interview with prosecutors.

In the end, Judge Wheeler sided with Adelson’s attorney, arguing the interview could jeopardize Adelson’s right to a fair trial.

I have not followed other cases like this one. Are delays this extensive commonplace? This feels ridiculously drawn out.

I have not followed other cases like this one. Are delays this extensive commonplace? This feels ridiculously drawn out.
With respect to the case against Charlie, the delays are not unusual. We are still not quite a year from his indictment and, being a major capital murder case, having the case tried this coming fall would be a quicker resolution than many major murder trials see. What has been unusual, though, has been the lengthy delay in getting him indicted. When evidence was unsealed in 2016 it became clear that law enforcement considered the Adelsons prime suspects and many people questioned why indictments were not returned against the family. I'm among those who believe that Charlie, at a minimum, should have been indicted with Garcia and Magbanua.

Nevertheless, I defer to the prosecution to make such judgments and as much as it is maddening to have so much time pass, Georgia and her team clearly have a plan and we can't argue with the results they have achieved. Moreover, we will soon find out whether the strategy of convicting Katie first and pressuring her to cooperate will be a major benefit to convicting the deviant dentist.

About time!! The Jared Bridegan case in Ponte Vedra FL is so similar and taking a similar track where they now have the hit man but still no arrests on the behind the scenes players....so frustrating!

About time!! The Jared Bridegan case in Ponte Vedra FL is so similar and taking a similar track where they now have the hit man but still no arrests on the behind the scenes players....so frustrating!
In the Bridegan case the not as bright masterminds paid the shooter with paper checks. Couldn’t they afford a stapler for the money?

New thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member