SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.

3/16/23

PODCAST: Detectives speak candidly about Murdaugh murder case​

Very interesting. I said early on that it wasn't so much what Convicted Murderer Alex said in those interviews it's what he doesn't say. When the 1st responders comment that there wasn't any anger in Alex that night. The cops saying that almost everyone who goes thru something like this legitimately gets angry with the cops for not doing more to find the killer(s). They know not to take it personally but people with loved ones murdered almost always start questioning police tactics. " Why aren't you putting up road blocks? Why aren't you putting out APB's??? Why are you still on the property when the real killer(s) are out there somewhere? " There was none of that from Alex that night. That's pretty fascinating human behavior in my opinion and a great observation!!

And of course the lack of any emotion concerning Maggie. He was more focused on Paul and his death.

Yes. In SC that appeal will get shot down but I’d bet the lawyers that file it shudder at the thought of him testifying again.
if by some miracle it got to trial I do not think that mistake would be made again...but a "do over" is not likely. Defense made some pretty bad errors in strategy and their client is doomed.

I think Anne Emerson is using the Podcast to create a series of local shows. FYI...I just read that Maggie had hired a Forensic Accountant(will look for link). Good reason for him to get rid of her, as she would have found out All about the family finances. My own fear is that AM heard about this from legal connections within the state. So sad for her and Paul. I hope LE connects the dots in all this. MOO

Thanks for sharing that. I know that MM had her hand in enabling the rest of her family to be the way they were but it was kind of odd during the trial everyone focused so much on PM. The only photos shown are fairly recent ones off their facebook pages, why do we not see a young MM with her kids as toddlers or small children? Its kind of sad that the family and her friends didn't speak out more, which they probably would have felt more free to do had it not been AM accused of her murder.
The whole Mob mentality still exists, and wasn't just about AM, but the whole family and some 'friends' in my mind as well. The wives in this scenario are secondary players, often not given too much information, and 'trained' not to speak outside the family about family/personal matters. Family Reputation must be maintained at all cost. MOO

Very interesting. I said early on that it wasn't so much what Convicted Murderer Alex said in those interviews it's what he doesn't say. When the 1st responders comment that there wasn't any anger in Alex that night. The cops saying that almost everyone who goes thru something like this legitimately gets angry with the cops for not doing more to find the killer(s). They know not to take it personally but people with loved ones murdered almost always start questioning police tactics. " Why aren't you putting up road blocks? Why aren't you putting out APB's??? Why are you still on the property when the real killer(s) are out there somewhere? " There was none of that from Alex that night. That's pretty fascinating human behavior in my opinion and a great observation!!

And of course the lack of any emotion concerning Maggie. He was more focused on Paul and his death.
Absolutely and Spot On. In the case of my own Mother's murder, I knew(pretty much) who killed her, but when I talked to the Detectives, I demanded they be absolutely Sure, and keep investigating fully. As it happens I was correct, But I didn't want LE to listen to Just me, but do their job fully, which they did. Not so much anger from me or my family, but just wanting all the i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. IN a small town, some LE are not very experienced, and look for an easy solution, so best to be on top of the situation IMO.
Psychologically, it's the fear that comes with the feeling of no control over the situation, shock, wanting fast answers, the who, what, when, whys and wherefores...
This case has been a study in human behavior in many ways, and hopefully will help others to avoid the same, as well as remember for future crimes.

No question there are many things that could have come into this trial that did not....they would all go to motive. It was not all perfect as the witnesses testified to....but so much could not come in and to friends all seemed great....that is the way both Maggie and Alec wanted it...but she was making moves behind the scenes. Must be awful to live in an area where anyone you go to knows your husband and in some way may be linked to his business dealings or indebted to him.

Thank you for the reference link. Interesting. And wonder what odds were that a certain attorney husband might have caught wind of that matter? Sort of seems it might be a bet to put all chips in on. Then again I’m not always known as a wise betting man. MO.

ps. Wear green today…. so y’all don’t get pinched. At least it was that way when I was kid. Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

Maggie has 2 Facebook pages, with pictures. So sad... This is one of them.
I just kept going and so awful. The 'ending' that was to be. All the 'fun' they all had together that was kept by Maggie and shown. It just all made me feel how could she keep it all up, really, that life with someone like him. I don't even mean the thieving and ongoing rotteness of him.

Maggie has 2 Facebook pages, with pictures. So sad... This is one of them.
Seeing all the joy that once existed in that family - is so sad to see.
Can't remember the dates that AM went to rehab/detox. Something wasn't quite right in those times.
Thank you for posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member