CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am back in court today for the 2nd day of Letecia Stauch’s jury trial, where attorneys will continue to work to find the 16 people who will serve on the jury for the trial, which is expected to last 6-8 weeks.

The goal over the next two weeks is to find 110 people who could potentially serve on the jury, and on April 3 attorneys will pick the 16-person jury from that 110 person group. Yesterday, the first 20 potential jurors were selected.

Probably another 10-15 before we get started, but I’ll aim to tweet updates once we get going.

Issues again with most of the potential jurors stating the length of the trial would be a significant problem in serving on the jury. On Tuesday 39 of the 75 called in for jury duty indicated the length of the trial would be a serious issue.

A handful more said that prior experiences with child abuse would make them wary of serving on the jury for this specific case.

On Monday, 48 of the 75 indicated the length of trial would be an issue.

I’ve been listening on Webex to attorney’s questions to potential jurors. Some are very personal! and attorney follow-up questions are even more personal. We can’t hear the answers of course but everyone else in that packed courtroom can. Just an observation..
Has anyone seen LS today? I would like to see her face..it is always interesting to see what pure evil looks like.

Do we know the time the trial will run - i.e. 8:30am to 5pm? 9am to 4:30pm?

I am asking as I am 9 hours ahead of CO time - so I want to prepare to stay up later than my usual time! :)
TIA!
@Niner Judge Werner told today’s group of prospective Jurors that Trial will be 9:00 to 5:00 on Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Friday each week.
No Trial on Thursdays as he has other commitments.

He also told them it will be a 6 week Trial— Not including Jury selection and deliberations.

Josh Tolini, Stauch's defense attorney, just stated their psychologist Dr. Dorothy Lewis found Stauch to be insane at the time of the murder. The findings of Dr. Lewis' report have been unclear until today, and weren't filed to the court at all until last week.

Is it wrong that it pleases me that Letecia has to sit there everyday listening to so many people people say that they have already made up their minds and nothing will change it?

I really want to think it's chipping away slowly everyday at any hope she might have about thinking she will fool anyone.

Josh Tolini, Stauch's defense attorney, just stated their psychologist Dr. Dorothy Lewis found Stauch to be insane at the time of the murder. The findings of Dr. Lewis' report have been unclear until today, and weren't filed to the court at all until last week.
This!! :rolleyes: It will take much more than Tolini's announcement to convince me that Dr. Lewis even remembers LS, and whether or not the report she finally submitted to the court six months past due was for the correct patient!

Yes she is insane. She is also responsible for a heinous murder of a child. She knew what she was doing.

A lot of people today, like yesterday, stating there is no way they could be unbiased if selected to be a part of this jury due to what they've already seen in the media/on social media. "My mind is made up, and I am positive I can’t overcome my bias,” one person said.

Interesting difference between the 75 people called in today and yesterday. Yesterday, the majority of people who stated they had some bias eventually said they'd be willing to hear out the evidence and try to be unbiased.
Today, most are indicating there is no chance they could do that. I've heard the sentence "my mind is made up" at least 10 times already today. Not sure I heard it more than once or twice yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288