SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking earlier about where AM May end up and wondered if I recall right that Todd Kohleppe was sent to Broad River due to his high profile wasn’t he? I think they house older inmates with health issues there.

I was thinking earlier about where AM May end up and wondered if I recall right that Todd Kohleppe was sent to Broad River due to his high profile wasn’t he? I think they house older inmates with health issues there.
Found this list for the 21 prisons in SC but does not security rank them individually. By sentence term, seems AM would be level 3. I can't say I've ever heard much pro/con about SC prisons. Now Louisiana, that's another story!

Found this list for the 21 prisons in SC but does not security rank them individually. By sentence term, seems AM would be level 3. I can't say I've ever heard much pro/con about SC prisons. Now Louisiana, that's another story!

I looked him up and it looks like he was moved to Kirkland for “administrative” reasons. Maybe lock up or protective?

The Moselle house is a hunting lodge with things likely selected for men and boys to use and enjoy. Creepy turtle shell lamps.

This is not where they lived full time. Their full-time home was undergoing expensive renovations. Maggie had her eye on another home.

Maggie could not admit to anyone that Paul was the driver as it would affect her and Alex monetarily and hand Paul a felony conviction for the rest of his life. Best advice - say nothing.

The parents may have been lenient with their sons' underage drinking, but HE chose to drive his father's boat drunk that night. He was 19, he was an adult, but not old enough to buy or drink alcohol. The other young adults should have stayed ashore and called someone to come get them. They knew Paul was drunk.

Was Buster named in the suit for letting Paul use his ID to buy booze that night?

I looked him up and it looks like he was moved to Kirkland for “administrative” reasons. Maybe lock up or protective?
I believe I read that Kirkland was for "reception" which is the stop inmates make to transition the inmate from county jail to their permanent home in state prison/DOC. They evaluate them, medical exams, etc. during this clearing house transition. It typically takes about 45 days before they transfer them albeit some will remain at Kirkland.

AM at Kirkland since 3/3/23

The Moselle house is a hunting lodge with things likely selected for men and boys to use and enjoy. Creepy turtle shell lamps.

This is not where they lived full time. Their full-time home was undergoing expensive renovations. Maggie had her eye on another home.

Maggie could not admit to anyone that Paul was the driver as it would affect her and Alex monetarily and hand Paul a felony conviction for the rest of his life. Best advice - say nothing.

The parents may have been lenient with their sons' underage drinking, but HE chose to drive his father's boat drunk that night. He was 19, he was an adult, but not old enough to buy or drink alcohol. The other young adults should have stayed ashore and called someone to come get them. They knew Paul was drunk.

Was Buster named in the suit for letting Paul use his ID to buy booze that night?
There are so many different crimes, court cases and issues involving AM.
Just wanted to share that there is a Websleuth thread on the “boat case” too.

Since we’re discussing those monogrammed pillows, I just remembered that when they introduced the credit card receipt with Gucci circled I googled that 214 phone number at the top.Having grown up in Texas I recognized it as a Dallas area code.

6549E22F-8586-4BFF-A2CA-0D7B7092FFAC.jpeg

I’m thinking MM bought herself a monogrammed purse. JMO
It’s neither here nor there. Just thought I’d share.

Broad River is no cake walk, nor is AM entitled to one.

I am not one, but would be good to get a lawyer input and someone from SC on this point.

To my recollection, all jail calls are typically monitored and/or recorded. For what purposes, legal measures I am not sure. And could vary by state.

Whether an attorney or their client was to expect or assert privilege on a line of that type is another matter.

I am not saying that it should have been released at this point. Just that there still might be a matter whether or not one as either party on a jail initiated call or line could expect privacy? And whether or not that could also arise to an attorney client privileged call on such a phone system?
MOO
There are measures in place that if an inmate makes a call to his Attorney, he can dial a special number so that it isn't recorded. Maybe that late at night AM forgot?

JMO

Snipped

Sutton, who was on the witness stand four hours Tuesday, said he was retained by the defense in mid-September to work on Murdaugh’s defense and was paid $350 an hour for his approximately 40 to 50 hours of work.

Palmbach testified he was paid a $5,000 retainer for his work plus a fee of about $8,000.

At a Dec. 1 hearing in York County, the team, led by Columbia trial lawyer John Lay and former U.S. Attorney for South Carolina Peter McCoy, will request more than $374,000 in fees for their work.

John Marvin Murdaugh said the receivers’ request for fees seems steep. He said that money should go to his brother’s victims, not to more lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member