UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Mr.Owens say she hadn’t seen or talked to her father the 3 years prior to the ski incident? Based on cell records! I didn’t want to rewind!

only affects of aging she saw in her dad prior to collision was gray hair. goes on to described his health and fitness.

when asked if he had travelled internationally 10 times since the collision. she can't verify but says he did travel a lot post collision.

The fact that she’s trying to act like he didn’t have signs of aging prior to the incident is such hogwash! Just hair thinning for a 70 yo man? Really?

Mr. Owens goes through hearing loss, vision impairment, prostate cancer, heart issues and then asks her if she noticed any signs of aging and she says just hair thinning! That was good work by Mr. Owens!! Haha.

move for D113 VA stipulated records to be entered into evidence.

records indicate plaintiff had difficulty with anger management. Did you ever know your dad to have difficulty with anger management prior to the collision?

I never knew my dad to have an anger management issue.

If it's in his medical records from prior to collision you do not dispute it? No.

He struggles to focus on others? Yes, and more so now.

Did you know him to blame others frequently pre collision? No, but I think it's great he was trying to get tools.

So he needed tools because there was an issue? Did you observe him blaming others in interactions with them? No.

records show he wanted to work on interpersonal relationships.

Did you ever know your dad pre collision to hyper focus on a problem prior? Yes, but post way more so.

The plaintiff sounds like an angry, controlling type A personality. He’s blaming his mortality on this accident. He’s aging and doesn’t want to accept it and this obsession is a way to avoid facing reality. In my experience people who have difficult personalities get worse with age. That’s what this seems like to me. JMO.

Because of migraines he was sensitive to light? Skiing is the worst activity ever for someone with light sensitivity. The sun bounces off the white snow and blinds you. Even with sun goggles it can be bright.

That was quite an adventurous time he had----so many international trips, Peru, the Netherlands 3x, Morrocco, Canary Islands, and 7 Euro countries, Thailand, Costa Rica, Italian coast, etc etc

He went to Peru and walked the golden trail, floated down the Amazon, then Costa Rica and ziplining, Europe, etc all post collision, the Netherlands (thrice) Italy, France, Morocco, Canary Islands, Thialand, and the list goes on.

She is getting snarky now as we discuss all the happy smiley world travel photos. I am cackling, this is about as entertained as I've been today. Been waiting for her to lose her cool.

Defense should allow this info in otherwise it looks like they are trying to hide it to mislead the jury. If Jenny is a big part of their pre-accident evidence, then all this secrecy about her mental health is not good for defense. What exactly is her mental disability?

The plaintiff sounds like an angry, controlling type A personality. He’s blaming his mortality on this accident. He’s aging and doesn’t want to accept it and this obsession is a way to avoid facing reality. In my experience people who have difficult personalities get worse with age. That’s what this seems like to me. JMO.
I tend to agree, very well put. 40 flipping supplements a day? That's obsessive. And that was prior to the collision. estranged daughter, Jenny, prior to the collision. This guy comes off as a control freak and this witness comes across as disingenuous.

Owens is really incredible....seems to not understand that all cancer is malignant...if it is not is is benign. This guy says some really really dumb things.

Also Polly really rubs me the wrong way and I bet that Terry will come across very much the same.

now on redirect. Plaintiff attorney goes right in on Jenny and her severe mental disabilities. she's on disability now. They are now trying to discredit Jenny since Defense counsel spent so much time discussing her deposition testimony which reflected poorly upon their client.

the Sanderson family dynamic is waaay more interesting than GP lol

witness is now being asked to explain her experience in mental health. Big objection from defense. Claiming they are trying to make her an expert witness lol This day has been so much more entertaining than yesterday

She is the "Jenny" translator (suggestion is that lil sis is one sick puppy and needs a translator for her "creative" way of seeing her father)

I do not like this lady. the manner of speaking is really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107