CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

Aurora dentist formally charged with murder in wife's poisoning death 3/23/23

The defense asked for all notes taken by law enforcement to be preserved, which the court granted.

They also asked to limit pretrial public comment, including from the Aurora Police Department. They noted a comment from the chief in a press release that presumed James Craig was guilty. A decision on this will be made at the next hearing, which is set for April 7.

While it's not clear what this comment referred to, the police department's press release from Sunday afternoon did quote Division Chief Mark Hildebrand saying "this was in fact a heinous, complex and calculated murder."

It is not clear how Craig met Cain — a successful orthodontist and mother of two — but they are likely to have attended the same regional dental conferences and events.

When she flew to Colorado, Cain was still married to her husband, but in divorce papers filed in Nov. 2022, she claimed they had separated in January of that year.

Craig seemingly told Cain that his wife was ill during her second and final hospital stay.

There is no suggestion she had any inkling of his alleged scheme to poison his wife but emailed him on March 16 expressing her concern on hearing of Angela’s condition.

KC’s husband lives in a different state. They were likely separated before she started dating JG. This would still be really embarrassing for her family especially since many people will assume that she was doing this while she was still with her husband.
whether KC was legally separated or not isn't what creates my lack of sympathy it's the fact that she choose to engage in a relationship with a man who was also married and clearly NOT separated. Unless I hear differently that she was somehow duped into thinking he was not still very much married to Angela KC rate zero concern from me.

And yeah, whatever caused her marriage to fail, the ex and her kids don't need their photos and business dragged over the intrawebs.

While it's not clear what this comment referred to, the police department's press release from Sunday afternoon did quote Division Chief Mark Hildebrand saying "this was in fact a heinous, complex and calculated murder."

On Monday, Denver7 also obtained the 52-page arrest affidavit for James Craig, which detailed how he allegedly searched online for undetectable poisons before purchasing both arsenic and cyanide and why investigators believe he is responsible for Angela Craig's death. Read the full affidavit details here

I've seen way too many pictures of his big face. I can't stand to see his face at this time. What about Angela? She was an very attractive woman, and it sounds like she exercised often and kept in shape. She was only about 45, and healthy and active, as far as I know. She was so kind her neighbors say. Look at that beautiful family. Really nice looking happy children. Angela Craig, mother of six children, gone, poisoned to death by her selfish, cheating husband.

This is similar to Dr. Martin Macneill and his wife Michelle. He was also a highly educated Mormon health care provider. Both men had financial problems that they tried to solve with fraudulent actions. Michelle was a beautiful woman and a mother of 8 kids. Dr. Macneill wanted to be with his mistress Gypsy Willis.

He convinced Michelle to have plastic surgery, then overmedicated her, and tried to make her death look like an accident. JG’s kids have a long, hard road ahead of them, just like Dr. Macneills kids had, since they have essentially lost both parents.

Last edited:
This is similar to Dr. Martin Macneill and his wife Michelle. He was also a highly educated Mormon health care provider. Both men had financial problems that they tried to solve with fraudulent actions. Michelle was a beautiful woman and a mother of 8 kids. Dr. Macneill wanted to be with his mistress Gypsy Willis.

He convinced Michelle to have plastic surgery, then overmedicated her, and tried to make her death look like an accident. JG’s kids have a long, hard road ahead of them, just like Dr. Macneills kids had, since they have essentially lost both parents.

I was thinking of the many similarities to the Martin McNeil case earlier. IIRC, during that investigation it was learned that McNeil had forged all of his Army credentials, his BA, his medical degrees, his medical licensure were all fake documents. He wasn’t a doctor at all but was highly respected in their community and had been working and seeing patients at a Salt Lake City hospital for years. He was also the medical director at a local family practice clinic. I’m wondering what other skeletons are hiding in Dr. Craigs closet?

JMO

Last edited:
Since there were a lot of different explanations of "what" the next hearing was about - Preliminary or Status so I looked it up.

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
4/7/23
3:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON CRAIG, JAMES Status Conference D32023CR664 Arapahoe County Div. 308

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

This is similar to Dr. Martin Macneill and his wife Michelle....
I was thinking of the many similarities to the Martin McNeil case earlier....
Yuck, Martin MacNeill. MOO of course. Oh yes, that's true, there are lots of similarities. Thank You. Both your posts did the job of refreshing my memory some. I actually watched that trial. Had his mistress start coming around the kids right away.

People looked up to these men, and they are not good people underneath. Their poor innocent children have to carry a burden of their father's shame around with them from then on. I respected MaNeill's daughter who stood up and fought to reveal his crime.

I didn't remember though how much MacNeill was faking his credentials. Oh my. I think this dentist must be as phony as they come, too. Those bad reviews from his patients reveal how uncaring and selfish he really is. His lack of attention to details, even in the sloppy way he left such a trail of his crimes, are a clue that he also isn't all that bright. ALL MOO.

Last edited:

I wasnt familiar with that case and had a quick read on wiki - MacNeill was evil.

68951361-11886005-image-m-36_1679420913093.jpg

On Feb. 27, Craig created a secret email account, jimandwaffles.com, which he only used at a computer in his now-shuttered Summerbrook Dental Office, investigators allege.

“While using this account, he researched multiple ‘undetectable poisons,’” court papers say. His Google history revealed searches for “how many grams of pure arsenic will kill a human?” and “Is Arsenic Detectible in Autopsy?”

He ultimately purchased crystaline metalloid arsenic from Amazon.com, which was delivered March 4 to the family’s $1.3 home.

The next day, Angela Craig returned from a trip to Utah. On March 6, the couple worked out together and her husband made her a “pre-workout shake in which James gave her extra protein because she was feeling sluggish,” the affidavit alleges.

Hours later, she complained of feeling faint and dizzy and was admitted to the hospital but discharged the same day.

“I feel drugged,” Angela Craig texted her husband. Her sister told police that James Craig had drugged his wife about five years earlier because he had planned to commit suicide and didn’t want her to stop him.

“Given our history, I know that must be a trigger,” he replied to his wife in a text. “Just for the record, I didn’t drug you. I am super worried though. You really looked pale before I left. Like your lips even.”

That night, her husband allegedly ordered Oleandrin, another poison, which was intercepted before delivery.
I guess LE never questioned the husband when the Oleandrin was intercepted.

3/20/23

A dentist arrested in the murder of his wife and mother of his six children allegedly researched poisons that can't be detected in an autopsy before lacing his wife's protein shakes with arsenic and cyanide to start a new life with his lover.

James Toliver Craig, 45, of Aurora, Colorado used a shared computer at his workplace to conduct multiple online searches about poison before his wife Angela, 43, died in hospital this week, according to his arrest warrant.

[..]

The affidavit said Craig planned to: 'end his wife's life by searching for ways to kill someone undetected, providing her poisons that align with her hospitalized symptoms, and working on starting a new life with [his lover].'
Internet 1 Dr. Craig 0.
How could he be so stupid as to not realize every single search and text leaves an indelible footprint? Even most purchases are electronically filed and archived.

It seems like his plan B was to claim Angela asked him to order the cyanide, at least that's what he appeared to be hinting at in conversations with others. Was he going to claim suicide? What did he say in one conversation, he thought she was just playing a game of "chicken?" WTH? Fat chance that would have worked. IMO.

James described the situations being similar to a game of “chicken.” At that point,[redacted] told James to stop talking and get a lawyer. (pp 4,5)

Since there were a lot of different explanations of "what" the next hearing was about - Preliminary or Status so I looked it up.

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
4/7/23
3:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON CRAIG, JAMES Status Conference D32023CR664 Arapahoe County Div. 308

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
Yes, I noticed DM messed that up when Craig waived his right to a timely prelim hearing (within 35 days).

Also, there is no provision for cameras in the courtroom for a status hearing so anybody interested in viewing/listening will have to use the court's WebEx.

<p>James Craig appears in court in Colorado charged with murdering his wife</p>

He avoided making eye contact with his parents, oldest son, one of his daughters and his late wife’s brother, who were all present in court, according to DailyMail.com.

During the 10-minute proceeding on Thursday, Mr Craig waived his right to a prompt preliminary hearing and was ordered to re-appear on 7 April.

Mr Craig’s court-appointed defence lawyer, Katie Telfer, requested the judge impose a gag order in the case, citing comments made by Aurora’s police chief as a “presumption of guilt.”

These included research “undetectable poisons”, searches on “how many grams of pure arsenic will kill a human” and YouTube searches for “how to make poison” and “Top 5 Undetectable Poisons That Show No Signs of Foul Play,” according to the affidavit.

Investigators have alleged that he “has shown the planning and intent to end his wife’s life by searching for ways to kill someone undetected, providing her poisons that align with her hospitalized symptoms, and working on starting a new life” with another woman.

Old FB page for James

He reminds me of Chris Coleman in the photo's of him at your link.

Yuck, Martin MacNeill. MOO of course. Oh yes, that's true, there are lots of similarities. Thank You. Both your posts did the job of refreshing my memory some. I actually watched that trial. Had his mistress start coming around the kids right away.

People looked up to these men, and they are not good people underneath. Their poor innocent children have to carry a burden of their father's shame around with them from then on. I respected MaNeill's daughter who stood up and fought to reveal his crime.

I didn't remember though how much MacNeill was faking his credentials. Oh my. I think this dentist must be as phony as they come, too. Those bad reviews from his patients reveal how uncaring and selfish he really is. His lack of attention to details, even in the sloppy way he left such a trail of his crimes, are a clue that he also isn't all that bright. ALL MOO.

You nailed it…. Straight on, @Curious Me .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back