CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the app. I can get into the meeting. But I get no sound. I tried Monday and today. Nothing. What’s the trick?
Not sure what time zone you are in but is there a chance you logged in during the lunch break on Monday?

On Monday and Tuesday they left the Webinar up and open during lunch and breaks.

I noticed Wednesday and today they shut it down at lunchtime so you can’t get in at all.

That’s all I can think of for no audio. Sorry!
Lunch is over in an hour from now.

I know. But I doubt anyone who commits any crime gives much thought to anyone he/she/they knows much less thought to people they don't. And LS tried to have a bench trial instead. But the DA wouldn't agree.

There's just so much bad stuff to go around.
JMO

Please, the bench trial request was for nobody but LS! Professionals here (including Dr. Lewis) can certainly put to rest any notion LS was trying to spare the feelings of her jurors!

Not sure what time zone you are in but is there a chance you logged in during the lunch break on Monday?

On Monday and Tuesday they left the Webinar up and open during lunch and breaks.

I noticed Wednesday and today they shut it down at lunchtime so you can’t get in at all.

That’s all I can think of for no audio. Sorry!
Lunch is over in an hour from now.
Nope. I’m right in here in Colorado Springs. Tried around 10 both days.

Just got in. In my own words, they're discussing "mental culpable state" of mind at the time of the crime. Some potential jurors have questions and concerns about their role as a juror. Some aren't sure they can keep a presumption of innocence frame of mind. One potential juror is voicing having worked with children and how that may affect their ability.
"Culpable Mental State refers to the state of mind of an individual while committing a crime. Generally, a crime requires that a guilty act or omission (the actus reus) be committed with the required degree of guilty mind. Generally, certain acts are crimes only if done with a particular state of mind, and that a certain sort of criminal act is more or less serious depending on the perpetrator's state of mind at the time...."

Last edited:
Just tried finding some tweets on what is going on in court - but it looks Zack Dupont is not in court today....

So if someone listening to this jury selection today - could you please tell how many were chosen at the end of the day, so I can add that to my count?
TIA! :)

Just tried finding some tweets on what is going on in court - but it looks Zack Dupont is not in court today....

So if someone listening to this jury selection today - could you please tell how many were chosen at the end of the day, so I can add that to my count?
TIA! :)
ZD wasn’t there Wednesday either, but he did tweet at 3:30 just as soon as the Judge announced. Hopefully he’ll do that again today.

***. This is from WEDNESDAY ****

Judge reminded Jurors that they will hear a LOT from the lawyers about what the law says.

But at the end of the trial, they are to listen to what HE says the law is. And follow his instructions.

One person said he’s followed the case since the beginning and does not think his mind can be changed. When asked to elaborate he said his parents live in the same neighborhood as Gannon did.

Another said he doesn’t think he should judge another person, based on religious beliefs.

One person said he’s followed the case since the beginning and does not think his mind can be changed. When asked to elaborate he said his parents live in the same neighborhood as Gannon did.

Another said he doesn’t think he should judge another person, based on religious beliefs.

Yes, did I hear him say he and/or his parents joined the search parties?

ZD wasn’t there Wednesday either, but he did tweet at 3:30 just as soon as the Judge announced. Hopefully he’ll do that again today.

***. This is from WEDNESDAY ****

During the 3/9/23 pretrial hearing, Judge Werner announced only 2 reserved seats allocated for media during voir dire including the Gazette (print) and KRDO (local TV network), each.

I agree there's likely a rep from Co Spgs Gazette in the courtroom today and ZD will report and/or tweet the count at the end of voir dire day four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios