Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not all questions will be answered.".

I am trying to figure out what the defense position will be...make the state prove a negative, "Where are the boys?"

Will the Trezells stay with their story that Mr. Trezell was getting wood, and the "rambunctious boys" just "disappeared" out of the yard?

Actually, I hope they do because the trial will conclude and the idea that all the surveillance just happened to miss the children entirely on that fateful evening will lead to a quick guilty verdict. JMO

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — A jury was chosen Friday morning for the trial of Trezell and Jacqueline West, the California City couple charged with murder and other crimes after two of their adopted children went missing more than two years ago.

The panel of seven women and five men was selected at 11:11 a.m. Also chosen were six alternate jurors.

They’ll hearing opening statements from attorneys on Tuesday morning, and at the end of the months-long trial will be tasked with deciding whether the Wests killed Orrin, 4, and Orson, 3.

The trial is expected to last into June.

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — A jury was chosen Friday morning for the trial of Trezell and Jacqueline West, the California City couple charged with murder and other crimes after two of their adopted children went missing more than two years ago.

The panel of seven women and five men was selected at 11:11 a.m. Also chosen were six alternate jurors.

They’ll hearing opening statements from attorneys on Tuesday morning, and at the end of the months-long trial will be tasked with deciding whether the Wests killed Orrin, 4, and Orson, 3.

The trial is expected to last into June.

I wonder why it's expected to last that long?
Miles of evidence and lines of people to testify?

Jury selected

Looks like we are going to trial. I'm not sure I'm ready. These are some brave men and women.
Wow! Gannon Stauch's case is still on day 4 of voir dire and working to come up with a pool of 110 potential jurors where they will select the actual jurors on April 3. This is also estimated as a 6-week trial.

The Stauch trial with an NGRI defense is also projected at 6 weeks.

ETA: Also, we are just learning the prosecution is alleging the victims were killed 3 mos prior to being reported abducted so those allegations will require an explanation. In other words, witnesses corroborating the 90-day timeline.

Last edited:
I asked that upstream as well. But I've seen differing information published in the news stories, guess we wait and see.
Still haven't seen whether they are allowing audio of the trial or not? Regardless, hopefully reporters will live blog and/or Tweet so we can follow along.

I asked that upstream as well. But I've seen differing information published in the news stories, guess we wait and see.
Still haven't seen whether they are allowing audio of the trial or not? Regardless, hopefully reporters will live blog and/or Tweet so we can follow along.
Will there be cameras and shown on Court tv? This is one trial I really want to see.

Murdaugh jurors were chosen fast, so is this case. Wowzers! Stauch's trial is going so slow in comparison.
And LS's defense attempted to make it even slower by requesting extended voir dire which the court denied! I guess they did have one more day here for the West selection since the court was dark on Thursday in CO.

The Stauch trial with an NGRI defense is also projected at 6 weeks.

ETA: Also, we are just learning the prosecution is alleging the victims were killed 3 mos prior to being reported abducted so those allegations will require an explanation. In other words, witnesses corroborating the 90-day timeline.
Wait, didn't we already assume or know that whatever happened to these boys, happened before they ever moved to Cal City? Either way, it makes sense that 90 day timeline will need to be airtight. And, I think it will be.

Wait, didn't we already assume or know that whatever happened to these boys, happened before they ever moved to Cal City? Either way, it makes sense that 90 day timeline will need to be airtight. And, I think it will be.
I've only heard the theory affirmed now during juror selection. Previously, I recall dogs tracked the boys' scent inside the home but not outside. I suppose it could have been their clothes dogs were hitting on. Not much in MSM since the gag order. JMO

I've only heard the theory affirmed now during juror selection. Previously, I recall dogs tracked the boys' scent inside the home but not outside. I suppose it could have been their clothes dogs were hitting on. Not much in MSM since the gag order. JMO
Good to hear it's been affirmed. Sad, of course, but tightens up the timeline for sure. Whatever their activity was in town just before they moved, will make all the difference in some level of justice for those poor kids.

My guess is, it will be surveillance videos and other digital evidence (banking/phone logs/text logs/GPS/social media, etc.) that tells the truth about all this. Or, so I hope.

We did know that. DA Zimmer made that announcement over a year ago. Skip to around 6:00 -

As I recall, with only a true bill and no prelim hearing -- we really know nothing factual even today. Glad they've seated a jury. JMO
I'm pointing out the DA told us a year ago - LE believe Orrin & Orson died three months before Trezell & Jacque reported them missing. You stated you've only recently heard that affirmed, during jury selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361