SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long before some of this stuff hits eBay?

Yeah, along with the "collector Beanie Babies". Worth $$$$.

Alex Murdaugh is pure trash. I don't see that his belongings are valuable. He belongs with his peers, Chris Watts, Jeffrey McDonald, and other men who kill their wives and children. Paul was an adult, but he was AM's son.

Audrey Conklin
Fri, March 24, 2023

Just before 9 a.m. Thursday, a crowd began to line up outside Liberty Auction in Pembroke, Georgia, in anticipation of an afternoon auction featuring items from the Murdaugh family's South Carolina Lowcountry hunting estate, where Alex Murdaugh killed his wife and son in 2021.

"We came out of curiosity just to look at the Murdaugh items," one attendee told Fox News Digital, as was the consensus for most people at the event.

Doors opened at noon, and by the time the auction began at 4 p.m., buyers found it difficult to move about inside the stuffy building. By the time bidding started, those who purchased items had to duck in and around other people to pick up their new belongings

"We're here to buy Christmas presents for the rest of the family. Trying to get them something from the Murdaugh trial. Everybody found it very interesting, so we'd like to get them a little…something to remember the Lowcountry events," another attendee said.
A pair of lamps with stems made out of turtle shells sold for $2,000.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

There's a video in the link of all the gawking.

Last edited:
Here's part 1 of the full interview of the 3 1st responders; Colleton County Sheriff's Detectives Laura Rutland, Daniel Greene and Jason Chapman. There's a lot more detail in this interviews. Interesting stuff for sure!

Audrey Conklin
Fri, March 24, 2023

Just before 9 a.m. Thursday, a crowd began to line up outside Liberty Auction in Pembroke, Georgia, in anticipation of an afternoon auction featuring items from the Murdaugh family's South Carolina Lowcountry hunting estate, where Alex Murdaugh killed his wife and son in 2021.

"We came out of curiosity just to look at the Murdaugh items," one attendee told Fox News Digital, as was the consensus for most people at the event.

Doors opened at noon, and by the time the auction began at 4 p.m., buyers found it difficult to move about inside the stuffy building. By the time bidding started, those who purchased items had to duck in and around other people to pick up their new belongings

"We're here to buy Christmas presents for the rest of the family. Trying to get them something from the Murdaugh trial. Everybody found it very interesting, so we'd like to get them a little…something to remember the Lowcountry events," another attendee said.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

BBM. I think my faith in humanity was just murdered.

With the monies from the auction going to the victims I not bothered by it, for the most part those things were what Maggie bought (unbeknownst to her probably with stolen money) I really didn’t see the beach house furnishings, may went with the house.

This may have already been discussed (if so, please let me know where to look):

In the HBO documentary on the Murdaugh case (Low Country, episode 3, around 40:00 mark), a recording between AM and BM is played, where AM asks BM if he wants to return to Moselle to "hunt doves." BM says he doesn't. AM asks if he would like Jim Griffin (AM's lawyer) to go there to "hunt doves."

Was this coded language? Is there a special meaning behind hunting doves???

In the HBO documentary on the Murdaugh case (Low Country, episode 3, around 40:00 mark), a recording between AM and BM is played, where AM asks BM if he wants to return to Moselle to "hunt doves." BM says he doesn't. AM asks if he would like Jim Griffin (AM's lawyer) to go there to "hunt doves."

They had set up lots of places to lure animals for hunting (but not the feral pigs). There was food attractions/lures for deer, doves, ducks and whatever else could be hunted I am sure. If you look up dove fields, it seems that they used a framework like most online sources say would be needed.

Audrey Conklin
Fri, March 24, 2023

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

So not surprised by the morbid curiosity of so many people. The only silver lining is that the money raised doing this sale will benefit the family of MB. AM is heinous manipulator of clients and his family so it makes sense that there was a circus atmosphere around all things related to him---he craved the attention and the opportunity to increase his notoriety. Once again his victims have been lost in the noise. RIP MB, PM, MM and any who died before/during/after dealing with horrible circumstances only to be ripped off by this conman.

I've heard the theory that it may be code because JG was not a hunter, or at least that's what he said during the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson