Found Deceased IL- Seamus Gray 21, in US Navy, didn't rpt back to Naval Sta, last seen Ibiza Bar, video 1:40am Sheridan & Washington, Waukegan, 18 Mar 2023

The video, Fox32Chicago says, shows Gray speaking to a group of people outside the bar before he is held down by an individual on the ground.

"We’re aware of the video from outside of the bar, and our investigators are working with [the] Naval Criminal Investigative Service to identify people who might be on that video," the station quoted Waukegan Deputy Chief Brian Mullen as saying Thursday.

Waukegan Police Cmdr. Scott Chastain told reporters Friday the last time Gray was captured on surveillance footage he was in "close proximity" to the harbor in Waukegan along Lake Michigan. But exhaustive searches on land and water, including with the help of 100 fellow Navy personnel, have come up empty.

Mar 24, 2023
''More than 100 sailors from Great Lakes naval base joins the search for 21-year-old Navy sailor Seamus Gray who has been missing for over a week.''

Mar 23, 2023
''Newly released surveillance video from outside the bar where Seamus Gray, 21, went missing, shows Gray just before 2 a.m. standing and talking to a group of people. At one point in the video, Gray is seen on the ground. At another point, someone in the group appears to take Gray’s wallet from his pocket, but then throws it back at him. Later in the video, Gray is seen taking off down a nearby alley.''

Where do you see that he was picking the fights? According to video and statements there was an attempted pickpocketing of him. Bar owner says he and his friends were asked to leave because they were intoxicated. Police said in conference that phone isn’t pinging or being used.
Well, it's my reading from the video. He seems to be the one starting the "conversations". I know he could be a victim, either of a crime or an accident but TO ME, it looked like he was the one getting himself into trouble as far as the fights go. Which, if somebody hurt him, doesn't justify it btw.

The shores of Lake Michigan in Illinois are beautiful in places. Not so much in Waukegan. I hope for a resolution soon. Imo

From my local patch:

"JUPITER, Fla. – Officials have called off the search for Séamus Gray, a 21-year-old Navy sailor and South Florida man last seen leaving a St. Patrick's Day celebration near Chicago one week ago.

Gray texted a photo of himself, green beer in hand, to his mother on March 17, and she FaceTimed him from Jupiter to say "cheers." Five days later, Kerry Rodier Gray shared the same photo of him to Facebook, begging for information.

"Please be brave and come forward," she wrote. "Where is my son? What did you do to him?"

"His belongings remain in his room at the naval base, where he was an active-duty fireman recruit assigned to the Surface Warfare Engineering School. Gray played lacrosse at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale and graduated in 2020.

His mother wrote on Facebook that she spent Wednesday, exactly one month after Gray's 21st birthday, searching for his body in Waukegan dumpsters. Her son was willing to die serving his country, she wrote, but he "was not supposed to go missing or … die this way."

Great catch - I saw that too. If there really is something to the gang/ multiple serial killer theory then this could have been a signal.

Signal was what crossed my mind, looked quite specific - 1 flash on/off, would be interesting to see if there was footage from a different angle to see if there was anyone else about opposite the car

moo

Apparently there’s been a string of young people, mostly males, washing up in Lake Michigan as well as other bodies of water in the Chicago area, and some locals fear a serial killer. Who is the Smiley Face Killer? Chicago deaths spark serial killer questions
I live in Chicago - there have been some bodies found in Lake Michigan, both male and female, but not what I would, IMO, call a "string" of them. There were none reported in MSM to have exhibited signs of foul play, the recent ones being highly intoxicated individuals seen walking alone near the water or suicides.

In addition to being debunked by the FBI, The Center for Homicide Research released a report in 2012 debunking the Smiley Face Killers theory. They stated that the theory is an “urban legend,” citing the inconsistencies with the signature smiley face graffiti. It details the lack of uniformity among the smiley face signs and the universality of the icon. The fading of the graffiti at several crime scenes allegedly proves that the symbol was put there well before the time of the crime. http://homicidecenter.org/wp-conten...-Brief-on-Smiley-Face-Murder-Theory-FINAL.pdf

Statistically, homicide by drowning is very rare and even then usually involves parents who drown their small children.

I live in Chicago - there have been some bodies found in Lake Michigan, both male and female, but not what I would, IMO, call a "string" of them. There were none reported in MSM to have exhibited signs of foul play, the recent ones being highly intoxicated individuals seen walking alone near the water or suicides.

In addition to being debunked by the FBI, The Center for Homicide Research released a report in 2012 debunking the Smiley Face Killers theory. They stated that the theory is an “urban legend,” citing the inconsistencies with the signature smiley face graffiti. It details the lack of uniformity among the smiley face signs and the universality of the icon. The fading of the graffiti at several crime scenes allegedly proves that the symbol was put there well before the time of the crime. http://homicidecenter.org/wp-conten...-Brief-on-Smiley-Face-Murder-Theory-FINAL.pdf

Statistically, homicide by drowning is very rare and even then usually involves parents who drown their small children.
Were the 11 similar drowning victims in Chicago area in the last year significantly more than usual? And they say more occur in cold weather?

Were the 11 similar drowning victims in Chicago area in the last year significantly more than usual? And they say more occur in cold weather?
As someone who lived and worked there - I'm going to say no. What most people do not understand is the lake shore is not all beach-y. There are a couple of designated beaches (Oak Street for one) that are several city blocks long- but most of the shoreline is rocky and uneven and then a drop into the water from which you could not extricate yourself. Remember much of the downtown lake shore is built on debris from the Great Fire - so it is not a 'natural' shoreline. It is also relatively dark. Lake Shore du Sable Drive is well back from the water in most places - so it's not like a car would even notice someone in or near the water.

As someone who lived and worked there - I'm going to say no. What most people do not understand is the lake shore is not all beach-y. There are a couple of designated beaches (Oak Street for one) that are several city blocks long- but most of the shoreline is rocky and uneven and then a drop into the water from which you could not extricate yourself. Remember much of the downtown lake shore is built on debris from the Great Fire - so it is not a 'natural' shoreline. It is also relatively dark. Lake Shore du Sable Drive is well back from the water in most places - so it's not like a car would even notice someone in or near the water.

Thank you. Also I suppose that if it was warmer weather and more people were gathering around the waterfront then other people would have been able to prevent or rescue them.

Still hoping (a funny word considering the circumstances) that SG was not directly murdered and was beaten into unconsciousness, and that he is alive but crumpled into a wall of stone, or tossed down a staircase.
The one good thing is that SG is wearing red because it will make him easier to spot.
He is a nice looking young guy, truly hoping that somehow, someway he is found soon.
complete speculation, imo.
1679840748039.png

MAR 26, 2023
[...]

“Gutted doesn’t even begin to describe what I am,” she said. “The last eight days have been grueling, nauseating, heartbreaking, and quite honestly, soul-crushing. This boy is my heart, my world, my love of my life, along with his little brother Deck.”

In the post, she described “searching through dumpsters and back alleys” in search of her son.

[...]

In his update, Chastain noted that additional sonar equipment had been incorporated into the water search efforts due to the cold temperatures of the weather and the lake.

"The problem is with the cold weather right now, and the cold temperatures in the water," Chastain said. "If somebody does go into water, they're not coming up right away," adding that in colder temperatures, a body could remain under water longer due to how body gases are released. "It may be days or weeks before the body would come back up," he said.

Strong winds and high waves in Lake Michigan could make things even more challenging, Chastain said.

"That's a factor for the water as well as the currents," he said. "If someone did go into water, it can take them as far as Chicago or Milwaukee. And that's happened in the past."

[...]

I’m just gonna post a few thoughts going through my head has Bar ibiza ever been investigated for others having things put in their drinks maybe he was drugged secondly, the video shows people pushing him to the ground, taking his wallet and then throwing it back at him. I’m sure they’ve checked his credit cards. Did they take anything out of the wallet? Lastly, the Naval friends that were out with him have they been given a lie detector test? Why did they leave him to walk away by himself?

Where do you see that he was picking the fights? According to video and statements there was an attempted pickpocketing of him. Bar owner says he and his friends were asked to leave because they were intoxicated. Police said in conference that phone isn’t pinging or being used.
What happened to his friends?

There were 101 drownings in Lake Michigan for 2022, so 11 in Chicago would not be that many. drownings lake michigan 2022 - Google Search

The ones in the news here recently were a couple suspected suicides, a few that left bars near the water ntoxicated (no injuries but drowning). There was someone that jumped off of a boat in a popular party area (the play pen as it is known), a kite surfer and canoer (rough water days) and a swimmer. There was another young man that wanted to do the "polar challenge" and jumped in with a young girl friend (that may have been 2020 or 2021). She got out barely, he didn't (rip currents, cold water). It wasn't last year but there was a young woman who ended up in the lake during high surf while running along the shoreline. Large waves sweep people off of the piers (in the colder months when we get storms you can get some really serious waves and it's not wafe to walk or bike right along the water in some areas). The only homocide I can recall is one this last year involving a family member pushing a toddler into the water (she's up on murder charges). StackPath

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back