SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.

[…]

EXCLUSIVE: Christy Murdaugh, wife of Alex Murdaugh's brother Randy, stopped by Liberty Auction in Pembroke, Georgia, Thursday morning to collect some of her family's belongings before they were purchased by bidders.

Among the items from the Murdaughs' Islandton, South Carolina, hunting estateChristy collected were snakeskin-print pillows featuring Maggie Murdaugh's monogrammed initials, sources told Fox News Digital.

[…]

[…]

EXCLUSIVE: Christy Murdaugh, wife of Alex Murdaugh's brother Randy, stopped by Liberty Auction in Pembroke, Georgia, Thursday morning to collect some of her family's belongings before they were purchased by bidders.

Among the items from the Murdaughs' Islandton, South Carolina, hunting estateChristy collected were snakeskin-print pillows featuring Maggie Murdaugh's monogrammed initials, sources told Fox News Digital.

[…]

[…]

[…]
I don’t understand why CM was allowed to go in and get stuff before the sale started. It looks like she would’ve had to bid on it like everybody else.

I don’t understand why CM was allowed to go in and get stuff before the sale started. It looks like she would’ve had to bid on it like everybody else.
From the photos it looks like she only took a handful of items. I think it’s perfectly fine that she was allowed to take a few personal items like the monogrammed pillows out of the auction to keep strangers from obtaining them.

She’s married to the brother that hasn’t spoken to AM in over a year and calls him a “ serial liar “.

I’m guessing she feels the same about AM and was probably close to MM.

JMO

Out of kindness I suppose. It's also possible the items she retrieved were erroneously included in the auction items to begin with. IRRC one of the jail calls between AM and BM, BM was a bit upset that Blanca had placed MM's clothing for sale online and wasn't asking a high enough price and also that she had boxed up a lot of stuff and he couldn't find anything he was looking for. AM told him she was only trying to help. It's possible those items CM retrieved were packed in boxes that hadn't been opened before they were picked up by the auction house.

Just because it's Alex's house doesn't mean it's "his" especially with the recent death of his father and his mother having dementia. Covid turned the world upside down for visits/contacts, funerals etc. He probably ended up with many family heirlooms who's final owners had yet to be determined. I have the few treasures my parents had by default...I moved them.

I agree with what everyone said about CM obtaining a few sentimental items...I just thought that would have been done before the sale was set up.
IMO, sometimes it is done before the sale for immediate family (in this case AM's surviving son Buster and his siblings), and then just before the sale for extended family (e.g., sibling in-laws, nieces and nephews).

When an estate sale/auction was held to empty out household items belonging to someone in my family before the house was sold, that is how it was done.

It probably depends on how the "seller/executor" sets it up though, and maybe family dynamics, because a friend of mine had to wait until the sale started and then pay for every single item from their own parent's estate sale as if they were a member of the public, when they were immediate family.

Although I have to say in this case that I'm surprised it was made into a news headline. Feeding speculation on family dynamics, maybe, or implying that this sister-in-law maybe had a closer connection to Maggie than others?

JMO

Last edited:
Although I have to say in this case that I'm surprised it was made into a news headline. Feeding speculation on family dynamics, maybe, or implying that this sister-in-law maybe had a closer connection to Maggie than others?
^^rsbm

I recall it was a SIL that did the eulogy for MM. Also, perhaps the SIL retrieved items on behalf of MM's mother, father, and/or sister. IMO, MM settled her debts and shouldn't be penalized/chastised for AM's bad deeds. JMO

For anyone who wants to see more of Judge Newman, I came across this video of him sentencing the killer of Samantha Josephson, which was a particularly heinous murder.

This is a longer video with the verdict and victim statements.

The hunting lodge where Alex Murdaugh killed his wife Maggie and son Paul Murdaugh in 2021 recently sold for $3.9 million.

According to the deed of sale, the 1,700-acre property in Colleton County, S.C., known as Moselle, was sold to James A. Ayer and Jeffrey L. Godley.

The property sold just weeks after 54-year-old Alex Murdaugh — a once-prominent attorney from the Lowcountry region of South Carolina — was found guilty of killing Maggie, 52, and Paul, 22. Mother and son were discovered near the dog kennels on the property. They had been shot to death with two different firearms.

I wish the woman who won the camera memory cards would contact Creighton Water's office--I suspect they could help get those memory cards and photos to Maggie's sister and parents. I'm sure her sister would share the photos with Buster as well.

I wish the woman who won the camera memory cards would contact Creighton Water's office--I suspect they could help get those memory cards and photos to Maggie's sister and parents. I'm sure her sister would share the photos with Buster as well.
It would be nice if she would also provide them to Mark Tinsley and Eric Bland, too, to assist them in investigations and lawsuits of various victims of the Alex's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie