Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the mention of the top, I've seen this in that article which ties in with MS statement in the files.

They decided to inform investigating police, and at the end of May 2007, Martin, Aoife and Peter flew back out to Portugal to make statements. They gave similar accounts of the man they had witnessed: average build, short brown hair, beige trousers; and the child: blonde, around four, and wearing pyjamas.

He was wearing cream or beige-coloured cloth trousers in a classic cut. He did not see his shoes. He did not notice the body clothing and cannot describe the colour or fashion of the same.
As Mr Smith made plain, his children Aofe and Peter were both very clear that neither considered the man the family saw was Gerry.

Aofe, in particular, was a very observant witness.

Mr Smith proved, by changing his mind, after initially refusing, and agreeing to produce an efit, that he had also changed his mind about the identity of the man he and his family saw.

As Mel, at StoptheMyths, once, memorably put it, while our dear late Queen was still alive, you would no more produce an efit of someone you thought was Gerry than you would, someone you thought was the Queen. Update the analogy to King Charles. The principle is exactly the same.

King Charles, not nearly as well known as Gerry, obviously.

But apart from that, I thought it was an excellent analogy.

ETA: There is the further point that those who insist PJ Inspector Carlos was wrong to place Gerry at the Tapas Restaurant at the moment of Kate's alert must point to commentary in the files on efforts to find Gerry following Kate's alert, including where he was when found and who found him.

Then again, they shouldn't bother trying.

No such commentary exists.

That is because Joao Carlos was, and is, right.

Last edited:
No mention of a prime suspect.

CB was mentioned in the original post from the SUN yesterday

CB was mentioned in the original post from the SUN yesterday
So does this means BKA investigation is dismissed by Met or assumed as something separate without any credit? Isn't there a minimum of cooperation/colaboration? Can't see this as "supplemental".

So does this means BKA investigation is dismissed by Met or assumed as something separate without any credit? Isn't there a minimum of cooperation/colaboration? Can't see this as "supplemental".
Could just be the running costs of keeping the OG team in existence, even if it isn't doing much. Would probably look bad if it was shut down while the Germans are still active on the case.

Could just be the running costs of keeping the OG team in existence, even if it isn't doing much. Would probably look bad if it was shut down while the Germans are still active on the case.
According to the Mirror the cost in 2022 were £303,000 awful lot just to keep it going in name only, if reports are true in the application for hundreds of thousands which would be on par with the mirror report.

Sept 2022.

The annual grant for the Met’s Operation Grange is now set at £303,000.

I thought McCanns would have been informed by BKA of something additional they could have so that McCanns did not share(?) Christmas message. But not clear.

Job to tell, especially seeing as its not referred to has a murder investigation.

From the Sun article.

The Met said its missing person probe was continuing but would not discuss costs.

Last edited:
Different from March of last year though.

SCOTLAND Yard is to close down its 11-year investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

I only come back to this thread sporadically because there is so little in the way of tangible updates. My unavoidable impression since CB was named is that there is in fact not a shred of any case worthy of the name against him. If there were, something would have happened by now.

That's not to say he didn't actually do it; it fits him to a tee. Unfortunately that's not good enough because if you looked you could probably find a lot of other very similar creeps whom it also fits to a tee.

It is all eerily reminiscent of the Suzy Lamplugh case. In both instances, LE failed to solve it, so they name someone (suitably nasty, and already in jail) as the only suspect, and then no charges follow.

I only come back to this thread sporadically because there is so little in the way of tangible updates. My unavoidable impression since CB was named is that there is in fact not a shred of any case worthy of the name against him. If there were, something would have happened by now.

That's not to say he didn't actually do it; it fits him to a tee. Unfortunately that's not good enough because if you looked you could probably find a lot of other very similar creeps whom it also fits to a tee.

It is all eerily reminiscent of the Suzy Lamplugh case. In both instances, LE failed to solve it, so they name someone (suitably nasty, and already in jail) as the only suspect, and then no charges follow.
But here it was CB who confessed he knew everything what happened that night. Then "a lot" on him (place, time, profile, chats, rapes, modus operandi, etc) but no final proof (yet...).

No mention of a prime suspect.

Prime suspect, German Christian B is in jail for rape and could be charged this year.

But here it was CB who confessed he knew everything what happened that night. Then "a lot" on him (place, time, profile, chats, rapes, modus operandi, etc) but no final proof (yet...).
Here we are years later still no sign of an indictment, questioning what Grange are up to let alone the BKA, it'll be the same in another 12 months imo.

Here we are years later still no sign of an indictment, questioning what Grange are up to let alone the BKA, it'll be the same in another 12 months imo.
Yes, imo too. Although I still think that BKA "has" to have more(?) although not enough. I still think that "can only be him". Apart from his profile, past offences, time, location, Jaguar in the day after, etc, too much coincidences, but also by the absence of negation for what CB would not be doing that night. Would be him with someone, on a different place? alibi...if that was obvious, even with no accusation yet, wouldn't FF e CB already bring that vital information?

I clearly excluded Julia’s "big adult face" from the comparison. Please read before replying.

Also, please provide a credible source for your assertion re the appearance of thickening of lips with age, in relation to the appearance of the rest of the face. This is a fact based site.
Isnt it common sense that if your face grows as you age your lips will also grow?

Yes, imo too. Although I still think that BKA "has" to have more(?) although not enough. I still think that "can only be him". Apart from his profile, past offences, time, location, Jaguar in the day after, etc, too much coincidences, but also by the absence of negation for what CB would not be doing that night. Would be him with someone, on a different place? alibi...if that was obvious, even with no accusation yet, wouldn't FF e CB already bring that vital information?
Why? Its not vital to him at this time as he's locked up with no chance of parole.

His claim of knowledge is a fair point, but was he not trying to impress another sex criminal with boasts? And he's clearly got a screw loose, otherwise he wouldn't be doing any of this stuff to begin with, right? His known criminal history means he fits the crime, but then if one looked hard enough, probably quite a few others of his ilk fit it too.

Again as with the Lamplugh case, there is (for me) a crucial missing piece of exactly what happened that nobody seems able to fill in. With Lamplugh, there is a supposed sighting of her leaving a house she had shown to Mr. Ki(dna)pper. Yet the police immediately forensicated the house and have never, ever confirmed they found any sign of her - fingerprints etc - inside it. If they had, it would uphold the sighting and their hypothesis. But not a dicky bird. So was she ever there? Does the complete silence not show she never was?

With CB, the equivalent screaming question is what explains the parents' initial claims the bedroom window was open when the photos show it was not. Exactly how is MM supposed to have been taken from that room? I have my own speculations about what could have happened, but until someone states exactly what took place, and it jives with everything we know from elsewhere, then to me CB's claims sound like attention seeking.

Why? Its not vital to him at this time as he's locked up with no chance of parole.
Yes, but if it was so obvious he is not the man, wouldn't an alibi appear meanwhile? FF has even mocked ..."you will fall off your chair" with new relevations he apparently had. Even to "clean" CB from what they think is an absurd and expose BKA to ridicule.

Yes, but if it was so obvious he is not the man, wouldn't an alibi appear meanwhile? FF has even mocked ..."you will fall off your chair" with new relevations he apparently had. Even to "clean" CB from what they think is an absurd and expose BKA to ridicule.
Perhaps the strategy is to wait and see what charges are forthcoming before mounting a defence .
His lawyer is no doubt currently busy with the rape and child abuse charges that CB is facing.

His claim of knowledge is a fair point, but was he not trying to impress another sex criminal with boasts? And he's clearly got a screw loose, otherwise he wouldn't be doing any of this stuff to begin with, right? His known criminal history means he fits the crime, but then if one looked hard enough, probably quite a few others of his ilk fit it too.

Again as with the Lamplugh case, there is (for me) a crucial missing piece of exactly what happened that nobody seems able to fill in. With Lamplugh, there is a supposed sighting of her leaving a house she had shown to Mr. Ki(dna)pper. Yet the police immediately forensicated the house and have never, ever confirmed they found any sign of her - fingerprints etc - inside it. If they had, it would uphold the sighting and their hypothesis. But not a dicky bird. So was she ever there? Does the complete silence not show she never was?

With CB, the equivalent screaming question is what explains the parents' initial claims the bedroom window was open when the photos show it was not. Exactly how is MM supposed to have been taken from that room? I have my own speculations about what could have happened, but until someone states exactly what took place, and it jives with everything we know from elsewhere, then to me CB's claims sound like attention seeking.
Ok, I'm seeing your points, but attention seeking?! I think there are too much (but not strong enough) "positive" coincidences and no "negations" that can clear him. I think BKA is not interested on how MM was taken from that room.
On other hand, after all this time, real new developments, probably just with a confession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni