TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think radicalization is a complex process, and self-radicalization is perhaps quite rampant these days. There aren't a whole lot of manifesto writers to study, which makes it more difficult. They tend to be loners. Kind of the opposite of people who join cults, but perhaps with similar personality issues, but it is definitely beyond our scope here to do that kind of theorizing.

I await the manifesto, I hope we get to see/read it. At least I hope it's available somewhere.

IMO.

Agree. Radicalization is only a click away, these days.

I'll read it, as well. Sigh.

Imho

My thoughts originally were targeted staff as well. I am curious how long the Head lady was there. If she didn't know how to handle such a powerful weapon, it is possible some were hit unintentionally. IMO
If reporting is correct, this perp killed everyone that was shot. Usually there are some injuries among the fatalities. Not this time. Makes me think there was some type of practice?

My kids were Columbine. I couldn’t talk to them enough about their safety at school.
I was a Miami kid growing up with the Cuban Missile Crisis. The nuns had us hiding under desks and the neighbors were building bomb shelters! We thought it was great fun! The good ol days! :oops:
My Dad told me stories about the air raid practices during WWII. I wonder if there has ever been a generation of kids that lived without a threat?

Sad part is....since Columbine it is domestic without knowing ones enemy...and the enemy often comes from within. Imho

That's a long time to hold a grudge. Ugh.

IMHO

CNN just said shooter resented having to attend Christian school. Per manifesto.

there is no point in going over these things in my opinion ..its not like any of those ppl did anything to her .. if there is rage.. those around her are targets
but she wouldnt have achieved the same effect..in sick heads its an achievement
watch me do this ..

there is no point in going over these things in my opinion ..its not like any of those ppl did anything to her .. if there is rage.. those around her are targets
watch me do this ..

Maybe it's just as simple as that... it's all about me.

I deserve this. I don't deserve that.

I don't care what happens to anyone but me. I'm going to punish someone else for my bad/mad feelings.

Vigils planned to honour victims

Schools and churches have scheduled vigils in the aftermath of today's school shooting that left six dead, along with the shooter.

• Bethlehem United Methodist Church is hosting a vigil at 6pm local time (23:00 GMT)
  • Belmont United Methodist Church will host a vigil at 6:30pm local time
  • The Christian school Lipscomb University announced a prayer event at 7pm local time
  • Christian singer Lauren Daigle postponed a concert to instead host a community wide prayer vigil at Marathon Musical Works
The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee has established the Caring for Covenant Fund. Donations will go towards supporting those affected by the shooting.

Police chief says 'resentment' possible motive​

Nashville Police Chief John Drake told NBC News that the suspect in the attack might have been motivated by unspecified "resentment".

"There's some belief that there was some resentment for having to go to that school,” the police chief told the network's evening news host, Lester Holt.

Drake said the shooter "targeted random students in the school, just whoever, and persons, whoever she came in contact with, she fired rounds".

Drake also said the shooter’s so-called manifesto mentioned multiple locations - Convenant School being one of them.

watch me do this ..
Exactly. No one at that school made her go to that school some 20ish years ago. Half of the people she killed were not even alive then. IF she had resentment towards anyone, it should have been the parents that sent her there, but, as you stated, someone murdering their parent doesn't grab the national headlines that shooting up a school does.

And as to the supposed manifesto, it should never see the light of day beyond LE investigators. For every one person who may glean something useful from it that may be able to help someone else, there are probably ten more mentally unstable people who would read it and use it as a blueprint for their own evil ideas. JMO

Nashville Police Chief John Drake told NBC News that the suspect in the attack might have been motivated by unspecified "resentment".

"There's some belief that there was some resentment for having to go to that school,” the police chief told the network's evening news host, Lester Holt.

Drake said the shooter "targeted random students in the school, just whoever, and persons, whoever she came in contact with, she fired rounds".

Drake also said the shooter’s so-called manifesto mentioned multiple locations - Convenant School being one of them.

Unspecified "resentment"- maybe? Why speculate at this point, if facts are still unknown?

I hated going to Catholic schools, yet here I am! Never shot at a nun yet! IMO
I'm with you. I protested as much as I could to get out of the going to church every morning, wearing uniforms, and staying on the girls' side of the school. But never did I ever remotely think about blaming the school for my misery ...

Photographs of some of the victims and perpetrator.

Illustrations for children in one photograph.

Agree.

There are few types of killers that disgust me more than shooters with "manifestos". To me, this shows a person who is obsessed with themselves, slights against them... and generally target a place that gives them the biggest bang for their buck. Like vulnerable children.

I understand the majority are extremely disturbed...but I have a difficult time even attempting to understand them. Imho
Also agree.

I understand the curiosity of others to read the “manifesto”, and perhaps some it will be of some value to those who do research on mass shootings. But I worry about other sick wannabes who read them, and mimic.

Personally, I won’t spend a minute of my time reading his/her disturbed ramblings. Audrey/Aiden is dead, and deserves to be.

The children are the victims. They didn’t deserve this.
My attention is going to them and their families.

jmo

I'd be very interested to hear where those other locations were. Did the perp harbor resentment to people in those locations as well ..or was the school chosen for infamy purposes? Imho

I'd be very interested to hear where 5hose other locations were. Did the perp harbor resentment to people in those locations as well ..or was the school chosen for infamy purposes? Imho
They seem to say that the school was chosen for security reasons
  • Police said the shooter had identified a second target, not a school, but decided there was too much security at the second location

Several vigils will be held across Nashville to honor the three students and three adults killed in the mass shooting:

Monday, March 27:

• 6 p.m. Bethlehem UMC, 2419 Bethlehem Loop Road, Nashville
  • 6 p.m. Woodmont Christian 3601 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville
  • 6:30 p.m. Christ Presbyterian Church, 2323 Old Hickory Blvd.
  • 6:30 p.m. Christ UMC, 508 Franklin Road, Franklin
  • 6:30 p.m. Belmont UMC, 2007 Acklen Ave., Nashville
  • 6:30 p.m. Marathon Music Works, 1402 Clinton St., Nashville. Musician Lauren Daigle postponed her Exclusive Album Preview Concert at the venue and will instead hold a community-wide prayer vigil.
  • 7 p.m. Lipscomb University's Bison Square, 1 University Park Drive, Nashville
  • 7:30 p.m. Church of the City (downtown) at Rocketown 601 Fourth Ave S, Nashville

I can understand sympathy for the victims, but I find the perpetrator interesting, is there a way to ever identify these people before they commit the crimes?

When we look back at these shooters, Adam Lanza, other school shooters, we really can see a lot of problems...but not any specific reason for placing them on a 72 hour hold. And the closest ones, parents who should have alerted LEO, often were the ones who assisted the perpetrator with obtaining a weapon, as in the Highland Park shooter or Ethan Crumbley's parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member