Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Richards certainly nailed him to the wall in this episode.

She articulated so well the person that he is.

One of the best episodes IMO

As she said Marion is almost forgotten in his web of deceit and manipulation. IF it wasn't for Sally's determination to find out what happened to her mum, this Ahole would still be doing what he has done for decades.

If anyone needs recognition it is Sally Leydon.

I also thought it was interesting that they named someone who is always at the inquests and who is on here gathering information and posting it back on the FB page. Thanks Jen! Maybe next time include that you found the information on WS :)

I have a slightly different take on the BLONDE MC to Laura though. While she was no doubt taken for a ride by his swindling ways, she was a player in the early years of that there is no doubt. She was having an affair with him when Diane was pregnant with Maite, (Diane and her young son flies back to Aust briefly, while heavily pregnant, only to leave again for Lux 2 months later - WHERE does all this money come from for all these flights......) then tells the podcast team when she realised he was married :rolleyes:, after looking after 2 yrs old David, she called it off.

“I immediately left him when I saw that he had a wife,” she said. “It was not easy to get rid of him".

But that cant be true. Maite was born in 1981 only a couple of months after Diane arrived back in Lux, David was 2.

Yet for years after when they are living in Tasmania, he is still writing to her and she kept all his letters.

She tells her story that he is a manipulator, a liar, a money hungry vulture much later, after the inquest reveals what he has been doing for years to other women, yet when the TLV team first track her down and her ex husband, she wants nothing to do with them or this man from Australia they have come to question her about. She had already divorced her husband (@ 1985) by then. One would think the name of her husband and that of a male she had an affair with yrs earlier and is living in Australia would have MC talking instantly about the so called swindling lying manipulator she describes more recently.........but no. She says nothing.

The letter AH writes to MC was dated August 8, 1980 - AH said Cornelius was the only woman he had an affair with that he had genuine affection for.

God, are you hearing this Diane David and Maite = what is your worth? Time to stand up and be countered!

Yet, when read a graphic love letter he had written to Cornelius, detailing their physical relationship, he insisted he had never had sex with her and claimed she was lying. Well we all know who was lying here AH, it was written in ink by you!

WHY would she have kept his letters and postcards (November 1992 - Tasmania - he writes to MC and talks about running away together>) IF she felt that towards him?
I mean she says she cant go back to that time with him because it distresses her yet she kept all his correspondence filled with love and sexual encounters.

IMO she has kept them as collateral. The tide turned swiftly once the inquest opened the worm can, and MC had to get in fast to tell her version of the story. It is like a stalemate. Neither of them will move on this because it implicates the other in a deed yet to be uncovered. IMO

AH convincing Marion to change her name to the initials of MC ex husband and then 'moving' to Luxembourg is key in their continued association - up until that time - IMO.

So just when was it that AH stole the identity of FNMER and which he then used in 1988 when he obtained a Queensland Driver’s licence in that name?
MC had asked her ex to 'check out' AH = why?
And if MC and the ex KNEW his ID had been stolen WHY did they not say so when TLV team knocked on the door all those years later....

Ahole was posing as Fernand Remakel when he met Marion in 1997 and this led to her changing her name to Florabella Natalia Marion Remakel.

WHY?

So far this is the ONLY woman he made change her name. And the name change linked the real FR = FNMR.

The real Fernand Nicolas Marie Ernest Remakel, also had a sister named Marianne as @Lord Peter Flimsy has pointed out previously.

For some reason this name was important in a bigger exercise. One that I believe at the time involved MC and AH.

JMO

Last edited:

As she said Marion is almost forgotten in his web of deceit and manipulation. IF it wasn't for Sally's determination to find out what happened to her mum, this Ahole would still be doing what he has done for decades.

I also thought it was interesting that they named someone who is always at the inquests and who is on here gathering information and posting it back on the FB page. Thanks Jen! Maybe next time include that you found the information on WS :)

I have a slightly different take on the BLONDE MC to Laura though. While she was no doubt taken for a ride by his swindling ways, she was a player in the early years of that there is no doubt. She was having an affair with him when Diane was pregnant with Maite, (Diane and her young son flies back to Aust briefly, while heavily pregnant, only to leave again for Lux 2 months later - WHERE does all this money come from for all these flights......) then tells the podcast team when she realised he was married :rolleyes:, after looking after 2 yrs old David, she called it off.

“I immediately left him when I saw that he had a wife,” she said. “It was not easy to get rid of him".

But that cant be true. Maite was born in 1981 only a couple of months after Diane arrived back in Lux, David was 2.

Yet for years after when they are living in Tasmania, he is still writing to her and she kept all his letters.

She tells her story that he is a manipulator, a liar, a money hungry vulture much later, after the inquest reveals what he has been doing for years to other women, yet when the TLV team first track her down and her ex husband, she wants nothing to do with them or this man from Australia they have come to question her about. She had already divorced her husband (@ 1985) by then. One would think the name of her husband and that of a male she had an affair with yrs earlier and is living in Australia would have MC talking instantly about the so called swindling lying manipulator she describes more recently.........but no. She says nothing.

The letter AH writes to MC was dated August 8, 1980 - AH said Cornelius was the only woman he had an affair with that he had genuine affection for.

God, are you hearing this Diane David and Maite = what is your worth? Time to stand up and be countered!

Yet, when read a graphic love letter he had written to Cornelius, detailing their physical relationship, he insisted he had never had sex with her and claimed she was lying. Well we all know who was lying here AH, it was written in ink by you!

WHY would she have kept his letters and postcards (November 1992 - Tasmania - he writes to MC and talks about running away together>) IF she felt that towards him?
I mean she says she cant go back to that time with him because it distresses her yet she kept all his correspondence filled with love and sexual encounters.

IMO she has kept them as collateral. The tide turned swiftly once the inquest opened the worm can, and MC had to get in fast to tell her version of the story. It is like a stalemate. Neither of them will move on this because it implicates the other in a deed yet to be uncovered. IMO

AH convincing Marion to change her name to the initials of MC ex husband and then 'moving' to Luxembourg is key in their continued association - up until that time - IMO.

So just when was it that AH stole the identity of FNMER and which he then used in 1988 when he obtained a Queensland Driver’s licence in that name?
And if MC and the ex KNEW his ID had been stolen WHY did they not say so when TLV team knocked on the door all those years later....

Ahole was posing as Fernand Remakel when he met Marion in 1997 and this led to her changing her name to Florabella Natalia Marion Remakel.

WHY?

So far this is the ONLY woman he made change her name. And the name change linked the real FR = FNMR.

The real Fernand Nicolas Marie Ernest Remakel, also had a sister named Marianne as @Lord Peter Flimsy has pointed out previously.

For some reason this name was important in a bigger exercise. One that I believe at the time involved MC and AH.

JMO
I love how Laura said “follow the money and listen to the women”. Thanks for all this detail @Mishy. I’ll digest it after work

WHY?

JMO
If you go back to the comments you're talking about, you'll find that Jen did in fact go back and acknowledge the info came from here. She is also not in the habit of relaying information from here.
So many others are also checking. She doesn't ask for her name to be mentioned on the podcast.

The funny thing is though that no one here who finds information first is ever allowed to get through to the media, let alone their name being mentioned at all. So far I've yet to see any reference to anyone from WS finding any new information re this case.

And the comeback that we're all here for the same reason just doesn't cut it. IMO.

If you go back to the comments you're talking about, you'll find that Jen did in fact go back and acknowledge the info came from here. She is also not in the habit of relaying information from here.
So many others are also checking. She doesn't ask for her name to be mentioned on the podcast.
yes there are a few that she has taken from here and not acknowledged.

With regard to MC's interview with AS on the podcast, MC insisted that she would never come to Australia to give evidence, but if there is ever a trial that requires her "assistance", hopefully the legal authorities in Europe and here could arrange for her to be a witness giving evidence by video link.

With regard to MC's interview with AS on the podcast, MC insisted that she would never come to Australia to give evidence, but if there is ever a trial that requires her "assistance", hopefully the legal authorities in Europe and here could arrange for her to be a witness giving evidence by video link.
I know MC is getting on in years and might want to wash her hands of the whole affair (literally) but she is an integral part to this case now. I assume it would be all expenses paid to bring her to Australia?

She did say she was fully cooperating with NSW and Luxembourg Police and I sincerely hope that is the case.

Of course her reluctance to go to Australia might be for other reasons. JMO

One reason for not wanting to come might be that she may have health problems and feels not up to the trip here and back.
Quite possibly Tootsie. She might not want to be seen dead on the same continent as Aka!

The stolen ID card was never brought up at the inquest. Is that because MC had never told anyone? Was the interview with AS the first time she divulged this info? As the stolen FR name is so vital to this case it would have been useful for AC to be able to question her about it (with a few other questions tagged on) either in person or by video link.

I am revisiting the coronial inquest via YouTube. It is interesting to hear it all again in the light of everything that has come up since, and all the excellent research I have read here. Currently on Day 3 when GGB gave her evidence.

GGB's evidence is an odd mixture. Her account of being love-bombed, swindled, robbed and lied to is compelling and rings familiar and true. It might be the most detailed and vivid account we have from any victim so far. However, she is also weirdly reticent or coy about some matters that are not as personal or embarrassing as the things she does talk about, and she fails to identify the photo of RB as the man she was involved with.

Last edited:
I am revisiting the coronial inquest via YouTube. It is interesting to hear it all again in the light of everything that has come up since, and all the excellent research I have read here. Currently on Day 3 when GGN gave her evidence.

GGN's evidence is an odd mixture. Her account of being love-bombed, swindled, robbed and lied to is compelling and rings familiar and true. It might be the most detailed and vivid account we have from any victim so far. However, she is also weirdly coy about some matters that are not as personal or embarrassing as the things she does talk about, and she fails to identify the photo of RB as the man she was involved with.
The not recognising his photo did have me perplexed. I wish they would release the RLW passport photo.

I am revisiting the coronial inquest via YouTube. It is interesting to hear it all again in the light of everything that has come up since, and all the excellent research I have read here. Currently on Day 3 when GGB gave her evidence.

GGB's evidence is an odd mixture. Her account of being love-bombed, swindled, robbed and lied to is compelling and rings familiar and true. It might be the most detailed and vivid account we have from any victim so far. However, she is also weirdly reticent or coy about some matters that are not as personal or embarrassing as the things she does talk about, and she fails to identify the photo of RB as the man she was involved with.
Also rewatching Day 3 just now, what do you think she is reticent or coy about?

Story on Ch9 (Australia), but worth reading online, re : "Robert Wayne Collins, 80, who has spent a lifetime ripping people off, with a criminal history stretching close to 50 years. His first conviction was in 1973". Wife (allegedly) has profited from his fraud also.

man of many faces

Also rewatching Day 3 just now, what do you think she is reticent or coy about?
A couple of things I guess. She denied they had any physical or romantic connection or relationship, yet she was clearly manouvered or persuaded to pose for intimate photos for him.

She disputed that they lived together by any definition, but she had previously told police that they had planned to be married.

She did not really explain how it came about that she was willing to give him her ATM card to withdraw $30,000 for a business venture, or why she never queried that the money appeared to have not been spent on anything relating to the business.

I understand that she was coerced into all these things in a horrible way by a master manipulator, but given her clarity and forthright views about him most of the time, it was just interesting that these things were glossed over. It seems his skills are so good, she barely knew what she was doing or why, even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth