TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand sympathy for the victims, but I find the perpetrator interesting, is there a way to ever identify these people before they commit the crimes?

When we look back at these shooters, Adam Lanza, other school shooters, we really can see a lot of problems...but not any specific reason for placing them on a 72 hour hold. And the closest ones, parents who should have alerted LEO, often were the ones who assisted the perpetrator with obtaining a weapon, as in the Highland Park shooter or Ethan Crumbley's parents.

If people are paying attention I bet yes, there were plenty of Red Flags.

True. I’d just rather have seen her languishing in prison forever - might have been a deterrent for the next suicide by cop wannabe. Do the police ever use tasers? I’m not criticising them by the way, that was a seriously powerful bit of footage.
I don't think they would use a taser in this type of situation with an armed perpetrator

I think the purpose was to show the public that the police handled it ‘well’. IFRC, one of the last school shootings there was a lot of criticism of how LE handled it. I think it’s being released to give people a sense of security.
JMO
Well it certainly worked for me. Those cops that entered the school, may their tribe increase and may every PD have cops with that kind of courage, professionalism and precision.

My hat is off to those officers. Job well done, sirs.

Another school shooting. Is it up to almost one a week now? There really isn't a perfect solution, because each situation is completely different from the other.

Stay safe. See something, say something.
Well, they do all involve shooting weapons and ammo. There might a theme and a solution.

MOO

Edited to add: LE heroically did what they have to do until a solution is found. They risked their own lives to save others. It takes a very special person to accept such a duty.

Last edited:
True. I’d just rather have seen her languishing in prison forever - might have been a deterrent for the next suicide by cop wannabe. Do the police ever use tasers? I’m not criticising them by the way, that was a seriously powerful bit of footage.
Yes, LE use tasers, but not when they are being fired at by someone with an assault rifle at close range.

The two body cam's released neither officer seemed to hesitate not once. You could hear the gun shots getting closer and they didn't stop, just continued quickly in the direction of the sound while communicating that they still needed to move faster. I pray for their mental health after this situation. Even knowing they did the right thing could still weigh on them. Now if we could just prevent this from ever happening again.

Stickers/Decals on Shooter's Car?

snipped for focus @osu (or anyone)
Can anyone identify/interpret stickers or decals on car?*
Any significance? (could have been applied by former owner?)

Yellow cartoonish image sticker?
White sticker under back window wiper?
"Thrasher" sticker, ref. to Thrasher skateboarding magazine?** Or?
Other decal, "Waltrip"*** maybe auto dealer's decal? Or?

Thrasher is a Skate Punk magazine, nothing to with politics, or anything radicalized just skating.

All three of the children had been in the chapel learning the word Jambo and singing verses of Amazing Grace to perform for their grandparents next week according to Dr Grayson.

The doctor, based in Kenya, had visited the school with her husband Micah Wilfong after they were invited by friends whose daughters attended the school.

Dr Grayson posted a heartbreaking picture of the innocent children sitting and listening to her talk before they were forced into a lockdown amid the active shooter alert.

It is not known if any of the children who were killed in the brutal attack were pictured in the image.

She said: 'The kids were great. We taught them about life in Kenya, some Swahili words, and what it means to be a missionary.

'We drove away at 10:12am and less than 20 minutes later, at least 3 children were shot right there on the campus.

'There are no words for this feeling. I think the normal feeling is supposed to be relief- relief that we were already gone and our lives are safe.

Lives with her parents at 28 years of age, drives a Honda Fit (not an inexpensive vehicle), and purchases 3 firearms, including AR-like firearms. Did she pay room and board? Where did she hide the firearms, or did she? Didn't her parents notice anything was going on? She drove around doing surveillance and drawing maps of her targets. Planned it ahead of time, picked her old school because it was an easy target in terms of security and because she knew the layout.

If a serial killer can hide his second life from his family a 28-year-old could easily hide guns in the home in the basement, attic, and car trunk or rent a storage unit. Sadly enough if someone wants to hide their agenda they can.

Bullet proof glass might be better, I suppose they need to see who’s at the door. I guess any lock can be shot out if someone really wants to, though.
@CoverMeCagney
Yes, ppl inside a building need to identify person waiting at door, but that can be done w security cameras, at least during non-peak times of day. Not that sec-cams are the universal answer to all schools, or any type of bldg.

Shooting a lock out? Lots of fairy-tale depictions on TV & movies,
but possible, depending on type of firearm & ammo, and on door. YT vids show wide ranges if possibilities.

clues in the artwork?

The art of RED RUM from The Shining could be any teen's artwork not sure that's enough of a clue that she'd turn out to become a mass shooter, an artist, or a budding filmmaker. Too bad she didn't focus her rage more productively through martial arts or channel it through art, not toward others.

The two body cam's released neither officer seemed to hesitate not once. You could hear the gun shots getting closer and they didn't stop, just continued quickly in the direction of the sound while communicating that they still needed to move faster. I pray for their mental health after this situation. Even knowing they did the right thing could still weigh on them. Now if we could just prevent this from ever happening again.
I'd also add that in both body cam videos we see many other officers rushing toward danger with those 2. We see those 2's body cams because those 2 shot their weapons, but there were so many more brave officers that assisted. They were looking left right and standing in doorways as the others cleared rooms. They didn't hesitate either.

What I also find amazing is this wasn't a swat team or a team with shields or any other protective gear other than the vest they had on. I know officers are all trained in clearing rooms/buildings, but I'd guess that a SWAT team would train extensively for those scenarios and the average police officer might have yearly training or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member