CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from lunch. DDA Angelina Gratiano is querying Jurors as to whether they understand that Motive is NOT an element the State has to prove.

Judge politely interrupted her to ask a Juror if he’s doing okay because he understands that he is on oxygen that has a 5 hour supply.

I have the volume on my iPad and Bluetooth at MAX and still can’t hear everything. Arghh

Just want to park this here. Was watching a video of a beloved judge's remarks, regarding another idiot-criminal's heinous crime -- the judge said the IC had a depraved heart.

We often ask why... why did this happen, why did someone do it? Insanity doesn't work. Motives, sure, but they always pale.

Why did T do this? Plain and simple.

She has a depraved heart.

Depraved before, depraved during, depraved after.

You can't fix depraved. You can't fix it, reason with it, appeal to it... or ever satisfy it.

It's best to put iron bars around it and keep your distance.

JMO

???

So no potential jurors picked in the morning? Or did the prosecutor & defense just give a mini opening statements? They only need 3 more according to my total.
TIA! :)
Good day y'all and hope everyone is doing well.

Day 6 several jurors' dismissal due to difficulty with being able to hear in the courtroom.

Continued Day 6 (paraphrasing)

Prosecution’s mini opening statement: Gannon was met with danger in his bedroom where he should have been safe and secure. He was murdered at the hands of his stepmother LS, who made intentional choices of sane mind. In addition, LS stabbed Gannon multiple times, further bludgeoned him, and fracturing his skull and shot him. LS cleaned up Gannon’s bedroom. She hid his body near Palmer Lake and then later transported the body to the state of Florida in a suitcase. LS then threw Gannon’s body over a bridge in hopes that no one would ever found him. The state of CO ask that you find the defendant guilty of all charges.

April 3 is the day that court will choose 12 jurors and 6 alternates for trial.

Did not hear defense's mini opening statement, may have missed it.
;)

Good day y'all and hope everyone is doing well.

Day 6 several jurors' dismissal due to difficulty with being able to hear in the courtroom.

Continued Day 6 (paraphrasing)

Prosecution’s mini opening statement: Gannon was met with danger in his bedroom where he should have been safe and secure. He was murdered at the hands of his stepmother LS, who made intentional choices of sane mind. In addition, LS stabbed Gannon multiple times, further bludgeoned him, and fracturing his skull and shot him. LS cleaned up Gannon’s bedroom. She hid his body near Palmer Lake and then later transported the body to the state of Florida in a suitcase. LS then threw Gannon’s body over a bridge in hopes that no one would ever found him. The state of CO ask that you find the defendant guilty of all charges.

April 3 is the day that court will choose 12 jurors and 6 alternates for trial.

Did not hear defense's mini opening statement, may have missed it.
;)
My BS monitor was going off during defenses mini so I heard nuffin jmoo

How I heard it-- Raise your hand if you can not give Ms. Stauch the presumption of innocence throughout the trial as she deserves during trial. I'd be raising my hand because I know too much already.

MOO, it might be possible for those potential jurors that do not know the full extent of her actions, and are willing to consider the insanity defense, for now. BUT once it's fully revealed what she did to end the life of an innocent young boy, all her devious actions, and apparently spiteful motives, then they will see only her guilt. I can't see any reasonable doubt either in all the evidence that will be presented.

March 28, Day 6 of jury selection

Per the Judge's instructions:

• Return here (courtroom) at 11:00 am MT/Report in the hallway
  • Jurors selected (number of jurors selected on March 28/not mentioned)
  • All of the jurors selected will be put in different groups and withered down … we will ask you if anything has changed.
  • No evidence on Monday, April 3. There will be a total of 120 jurors present that day. You will know for sure if you will be a part of the jury on April 3rd. Jurors are inquiring about receiving letters for their employment.
Judge advised will see you next week (meaning on Monday, April 3 @11:00 am MT). Jury Selection rest at this time.
Justice for Gannon!

Last edited:
Judge clarifies that they are all to report on April 3rd for the trial to start that day. He says that actual evidence will probably not be presented that day because the selected jurors will need to be given further instructions. There may be time for Opening Statements, but not for actual evidence or witnesses that day.

Judge clarifies that they are all to report on April 3rd for the trial to start that day. He says that actual evidence will probably not be presented that day because the selected jurors will need to be given further instructions. There may be time for Opening Statements, but not for actual evidence or witnesses that day.
Yes. I've not listened today but Judge Werner provided on Monday that he'd be pleased if they seat a jury by afternoon and get through opening statements at 1 hour each on 3 April (but knows he's being optimistic here).

On Monday, they also split up the arrival times of prospective jurors to 9 AM and 11 AM for final voir dire-- based on capacity-- and why they only had 75 candidates per day. MOO

6 more days till trial, this is going to be awful knowing what we know to hear it ,it's going to be devastating to all my heart breaks for Gannon and his family having to hear all this again the details . At least soon there will be justice and the step will be locked away for a very long time where we never have to hear about her again at least that's my hope. Jmoo

I see where you're coming from - but ohhh no. She was only skilled in the way of manipulation, and I don't believe Al didn't know she wasn't abusing his children but he probably just viewed it as "discipline" and didn't realize how bad it was. And I'm sure if Gannon or his sister went to complain to their dad about how badly they were being treated, Al likely thought they were exaggerating - but I bet their mama believed them. I don't believe Tee is insane but I think she probably has a very bad case of untreated borderline personality disorder (again my 2c)

If she was smart, she would not have Googled the things she did. She wouldn't have paid for a fake (prank) lie detector test lol. She would have a REAL degree and not one from a random online 'school' that nobody's heard of. If she was smart, she wouldn't have gone after Spencer for that interview and coached her teenage daughter on what to say while her mic was still on.

It seems, tragically, that many people make excuses for these kinds of people and tend to include them in their lives + lives of children because "they can't be that bad" or some other dumb excuse. They know excommunicating someone from their lives can and will stir the pot and some people will do ANYTHING... A N Y T H I N G to avoid stirring the pot amongst family, friends, local community. Don't ask me why because hell if I know, I've never had a problem telling people to stick it where the sun don't shine when necessary. A good example would probably be the Utah case of Susan and Josh Powell, and Josh's terrifying dad who was obsessed with Susan.

I think we're agreeing. You say you do not believe Al did NOT know and I don't think so either. I think he knew that she used corporal punishment on the kids, esp. Gannon.

I never said Tee was skilled, I said she was insane, defective, lacked character and abused the children. None of those are "skills" from my POV.

I never said she was smart. I am well aware and was likely the first to post the evidence that she went to a degree mill, lost job after job, etc. I know what a university is and isn't and have posted about it many times in re: Letecia Stauch. I think I was saying this even before Gannon was found.

I have no clue how you read my post that way.

Who in the world is making excuses for LS? It can't be very many people or I wouldn't be stopping by this thread. Those of us who have been here from the beginning do NOT make excuses for her, and WSers in general do not, either. IMO. I don't see how that's a tragedy, really. People can be soft-hearted, or evil-minded, neither is a tragedy. Most people still don't murder children. THAT is the tragedy, not whether or not people believe in evil or LS's craziness.

I personally don't like being told off, and pretty much take the approach of expressing myself calmly and moving on.

And excommunicating people from my life has never stirred a single pot. Indeed, I am pretty sure the characters in my own life simply assume I'm quite a busy person, with a full time job and a consulting business, and besides, I'm a hermit. But I do not allow any more crazy people close to me - not even on FB (which I frequent about once a month).

Excommunicating people is a way of setting boundaries. I believe the research shows that the ONLY thing that a family member can do with such people is to go low contact or no contact. It makes them less manipulative, as they can't play people against each other, as they do. Telling people off is what causes the high feelings and the drama, IMO.

Even better if the person is behind bars and the rest of us can walk free. I work in mental health research and I have my views on her Dx, but I'm not sharing them right now. OTOH, I am not sure we have a clear category to put her in and the Dx you suggest doesn't even begin to cover the bases, IMO.

MOO.

Last edited:
6 more days till trial, this is going to be awful knowing what we know to hear it ,it's going to be devastating to all my heart breaks for Gannon and his family having to hear all this again the details . At least soon there will be justice and the step will be locked away for a very long time where we never have to hear about her again at least that's my hope. Jmoo

I'm not sure how much of it I can do. I will stop by these threads and appreciate the troopers that most of you are. I feel we know so much already, about what she did. My heart breaks for AS and for Gannon's little sister.

I wouldn't able to be a juror on this one, for many reasons, but mainly because my own anxiety would be too high. And I'm pretty immune to forensic data, but this case really got to me.

Her mother and sisters (remember when she hijacked her mothers fb?, the laxative story, the crazy spoon picture?), Landon, Al, Laina, Harley.

No Eguardo or Clancy, maybe they're on for the defence :rolleyes:
Here’s the Defense list filed February 13, 2013

Page 2 must be those friends and family that Mr. Tolini told the prospective Jurors about the other day. He said they would be telling the Jury about how LS was “ unraveling “ in the days leading up to the Murder.

Just want to park this here. Was watching a video of a beloved judge's remarks, regarding another idiot-criminal's heinous crime -- the judge said the IC had a depraved heart.

We often ask why... why did this happen, why did someone do it? Insanity doesn't work. Motives, sure, but they always pale.

Why did T do this? Plain and simple.

She has a depraved heart.

Depraved before, depraved during, depraved after.

You can't fix depraved. You can't fix it, reason with it, appeal to it... or ever satisfy it.

It's best to put iron bars around it and keep your distance.

JMO

Well said. You and I will just keep saying it. This goes beyond DSM or ordinary psychiatric diagnosis. And I don't believe she "learned" her depravity. She has a weak will and a weak character and preyed on a child.

She allowed herself to become depraved. She enjoyed it. I totally agree. Keep one's distance from such people. I thought it was obvious from the Cousin It interview onward, but looking at her past, I think others sensed it too. History is full of these people. She's one of those.

I don't care if she also lacks a right pre-frontal cortex (she has one, but I don't care if there's something wrong with it). She knew exactly what she was doing and who she was punishing/causing pain.

A lot of people may never have met someone like this before, but working in jails, prisons and psychiatric hospitals, I learned my lessons the hard way and never ignore my gut feelings.

IMO. Needed to vent. I am trusting this judge and the jury. Praying nothing goes awry.

Everyone on this thread: take care of your own mental health for the next couple of weeks! Love to all.

Here’s the Defense list filed February 13, 2013

Page 2 must be those friends and family that Mr. Tolini told the prospective Jurors about the other day. He said they would be telling the Jury about how LS was “ unraveling “ in the days leading up to the Murder.

Should they have released that with phone numbers and addresses? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member