TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but what if she had a mental emergency breakdown in a foreign country?
The arts are a great outlet for creative individuals who are extremely accepting of others, so she should have thrived at art school.
It's more about after art school that I was thinking of. Does it prepare graduates to go out and face the world outside the bubble?

Last edited:
I agree it is part of the problem of giving the shooters the "infamy" that they desire.
Studies show that the reporting of mass shootings inspires others within 11 days in some weird way it's "contagious". If so, how can the media report the news without giving the shooter infamy?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ss-shootings-can-be-contagious-research-shows
IMO, don't either picture or acknowledge the shooters name or image. Just refer to them as the deceased shooter. Give them NO infamy.

Make the story about those that were innocently killed.

JMO

It's more about after Art School that I was thinking of. Does it prepare graduates to go out and face the world outside the bubble?

yes, there are lucrative careers in art and design, especially in animation and video game design. But she would have to apply herself and seek out those careers and if she was suffering from "emotional problems" may have contributed to not having a career.
However, an art college won't address mental illnesses or personality disorders. The college she attended either was a trade school or a four-year degree. I'd have to research it.
But I highly doubt the college is to blame unless she experienced abuse at the hands of staff.
If someone is suicidal not sure if sending them into Peace Corps would be the solution. In some cases, it could be or they experience a breakdown in a foreign country without family support.

It's more about after Art School that I was thinking of. Does it prepare graduates to go out and face the world outside the bubble?

yes, there are lucrative careers in art and design, especially in animation and video game design. But she would have to apply herself and seek out those careers and if she was suffering from "emotional problems" may have contributed to not having a career.
However, an art college won't address mental illnesses or personality disorders. The college she attended either was a trade school or a four-year degree. I'd have to research it.
But I highly doubt the college is to blame unless she experienced abuse at the hands of staff.
If someone is suicidal not sure if sending them into Peace Corps would be the solution. In some cases, it could be or they experience a breakdown in a foreign country without family support.

I wonder if it is appropriate to discuss school shootings with elementary school students or not. Maybe if they bring it up.

Although, when I was in elementary school, we had "nuclear bomb" drills. As if that isn't mentally disturbing, I don't know what is...
If they are in elementary school they are already hanging drills and should have been having them since preschool. So yeah, have that talk.

Last edited:
Last edited:
IMO, don't either picture or acknowledge the shooters name or image. Just refer to them as the deceased shooter. Give them NO infamy.

Make the story about those that were innocently killed.

JMO
I agree with this, 100%.

New Zealand did it right.

Don't even mention the shooter's name.

Don't print the damn manifesto.

Talk about the victims and let their killer remain in obscurity.

Remove the notoriety, and you remove a lot of the 'reward' for these people. They want to die famous, headline news around the world, their names, their faces, their words. Bury them without any of that. Disappear them.

MOO

Last edited:
I agree with this, 100%.

New Zealand did it right.

Don't even mention the shooter's name.

Don't print the damn manifesto.

Talk about the victims and let their killer remain in obscurity.

Remove the notoriety, and you remove a lot of the 'reward' for these people. They want to die famous, headline news around the world, their name, their faces, their words. Bury them without any of that. Disappear them.

MOO
I hate it that we always know more about the killers than the victims, we remember the killers' names and reasons whilst it is the victims who disappear to obscurity.

I hate it that we always know more about the killers than the victims, we remember the killers' names and reasons whilst it is the victims who disappear to obscurity.
And this is why, here on WS, we put the victim's name/s prominently in the headers.

Flip the script.

We can't control the media, but we can control how we talk about a crime on here.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members