TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick Google and found "Murder is a homicide that is the illegal killing of another person." BBM https://www.steinandmarkuslaw.com/whats-the-difference-between-homicide-murder-and-manslaughter/
"Homicide" seems to be the umbrella term. I believe there is always an incident review when LE kills a suspect, since innocent people have been killed by LE. In this case I can't see how a review would see the killing of the perp as illegal. MOO
This is what I am going by. It needs to change in instances like this! IMO!!!
EC05C9AA-2E19-43AF-947C-0ADE1A3EFAD8.jpegEC05C9AA-2E19-43AF-947C-0ADE1A3EFAD8.jpeg

unfortunatly this is one case

there are already supporters on the internet..and there is one post here that i thought about answering then changed my mind
they were talking that this killer didnt kill from hate but had a purpose and we must know it ! which def justification
just wait for the snow ball effect
its already in the news all about her and whatever she wanted to get through and not the victims

What? I have read boatloads of articles this morning about victims. When someone breaches a school and murders 6 people in a matter of minutes, there is going to be a lot of media stories about the perpetrator. People want to know why someone would do such a horrific thing. Some will paint it as wanting to learn from it to prevent future mass murderers. You can find supporters of literally ANYTHING (no matter how deplorable or hateful) on the internet.

NASHVILLE (BP)—They never had ridden a bus before, youth minister Beth Howe said of preschoolers transported to Woodmont Baptist Church in Nashville after an active shooter targeted their private Christian elementary school two miles away.

One little girl asked why there were bad guys. Howe bandaged the scratches on the arm of another who had been at recess when the shooting began.

“She jumped in the bushes to hide when they heard the gunshots,” said Howe, Woodmont’s minister of students and discipleship.

Former Columbine School Principal, Frank DeAngelis, was once in this position after the Columbine School Shooting in 1999.

“One of the things that I learned pretty early on is an entire community can go through it, but how people deal with that, they deal with it differently,” DeAngelis said. “And you’re going to have some people that just feel they need to talk, you’re going to have others say, ‘I don’t want to talk about it, the sooner I get back to doing what I was doing prior is going to help me heal.’ And you’re going to have some people in between.”

DeAngelis adds, “One of the things that’s so difficult is they don’t even know what they need at this point.”

A Christian charity deployed a pack of “comfort dogs” to Nashville, Tennessee, on Tuesday, March 28, to offer some relief to the local community after a fatal mass shooting at the Covenant School.

Lutheran Church Charities shared photos of people visiting a memorial outside of the school interacting with the animals.

The charity told Storyful it had deployed the dogs in the aftermath of previous mass shootings, including the Michigan State University mass shooting in February, the Club Q mass shooting in Colorodo in November 2022, and the Uvalde school shooting in May 2022.

Nashville school shooting suspect Audrey Hale had previously posted on Facebook about the death of a romantic partner, according to a former teacher.

Art college instructor Maria Colomy, who taught Hale at the Nossi College of Art & Design in Nashville, recalled a Facebook post from the shooter “openly grieving” the individual.

Speaking to The New York Times, Ms Colomy said that Hale had announced the bereavement and asked to be addressed as Aiden and by masculine pronouns from then on.

Ms Colomy also recalled an incident where Hale suffered an emotional outburst on the first day in class in 2017.

She told the Times that Hale had burst into tears of frustration after struggling to create a password for an online student portal.

At that point, Ms Colomy advised the student to step outside and take a breath. Hale did so, she said.

Oh good gosh, I had to change password on work computer every month.

unfortunatly this is one case

there are already supporters on the internet..and there is one post here that i thought about answering then changed my mind
they were talking that this killer didnt kill from hate but had a purpose and we must know it ! which def justification
just wait for the snow ball effect
its already in the news all about her and whatever she wanted to get through and not the victims
Oh my goodness no. No support for this piece of garbage from me.

IMO, the fact that she felt her little feelings were more important then the lives of 6 people is truly disgusting.

Nashville police who took out a school shooter in minutes appeared to call out Uvalde's officers, saying 'we will never wait to make entry' to 'stop a threat'​

LE has been heavy on my heart. Can you even imagine how it must feel to try to move forward after something like this? IMHO, most people do not enter LE believing they will ever need to use lethal force on another human being. They will train for it, of course, but I am sure no one is ever mentally prepared for that situation - and add all of the truly heartbreaking circumstances of something like this to the mix... Horrible. So horrible. All LE involved in this are absolute heroes to me.

On ABC they reported that she didn’t like her parents Christian lifestyle.

Curious if any family members currently attend or are employed by the school.

And I'm sure they were not supportive of her lifestyle, if they even acknowledged it (not that it justifies her actions as there is no justification for them) MOO

My son has been doing live shooter drills since he was 3. It’s damaging him. He’s 5 now and isn’t the same for a couple of weeks after each one.
My son is a natural worrier and, while we don't try to hide things from him, we didn't bring up this shooting since the Texas shooting worried him so much and is still in his mind.
He brought it up himself yesterday and said that they were getting closer to us - we live in WV.
My husband and I reminded him to just follow the live shooter drills that he's been doing since he started school and listen to his teachers.
He's 10 and it hurts my heart to think that but just last year he was these sweet innocent childrens age.

And I'm sure they were not supportive of her lifestyle, if they even acknowledged it (not that it justifies her actions as there is no justification for them) MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Nashville mass school shooter Audrey Hale was rejected by her Christian parents who 'couldn't accept' she was gay and trans - as cops reveal she also planned to shoot relatives

• Audrey Hale's religious parents rejected that she was gay and transgender
Audrey Hale was at odds with her devout Christian parents because they 'couldn't accept' she was gay and transgender, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Church coordinator Norma, 61, and her husband Ronald, 64, refused to let Hale - who had recently adopted the name Aiden and used he/him pronouns - dress as a man in their home.

The 28-year-old loner would instead wait until she left their [...] Nashville property to change outfits, according to a well-placed source.

'You only see what you want to see. Their religion does not allow them to accept homosexuality,' the source told DailyMail.com.

'She was Audrey at home but when she left the house she changed clothes. They did know about it, they just didn't accept it.'

Neighbors in the tree-lined suburban street where the family lived for three decades said they were clueless about Hale's apparent transition and remembered her as a 'skater, tomboy type.'

'She introduced herself about a year and a half ago as Audrey,' said one.

'I treated her like a female and she didn't correct me. She seemed artistic, quiet, and well-mannered.'

Police now say Hale planned to carry out more attacks - including against her own family.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — An alarm blared and lights flashed as a heavily armed assailant stalked the hallways of The Covenant School.

Surveillance footage of the shooting Monday at the private Christian school in Nashville showed many familiar security measures, including the double set of locked glass doors the killer shot their way through before fatally shooting three children and three school employees.

“It’s just next to impossible to stop someone” coming through that door with a high-powered weapon, said George Grant, a leader with the Nashville Presbytery, which is connected with the school. Grant said the presbytery doesn’t have a formal security program for its churches and schools but that members have worked together to share best practices and improve safety...

I don’t know about that. I know that when an inmate is put to death, the death certificate will state murder/ homicide.
When any individual takes the life of another individual the classification is always murder or homicide.
Inthink a few states will list the cause of death as execution, for death row inmates.
MOO
The death certificate of this person will list manner of death as homicide. Homicide is the killing at the hands of another. Murder is unjustified homicide. I have seen a death certificate of a person executed and it said "homicide". "Cause of death: electrocution/execution."

LE has been heavy on my heart. Can you even imagine how it must feel to try to move forward after something like this? IMHO, most people do not enter LE believing they will ever need to use lethal force on another human being. They will train for it, of course, but I am sure no one is ever mentally prepared for that situation - and add all of the truly heartbreaking circumstances of something like this to the mix... Horrible. So horrible. All LE involved in this are absolute heroes to me.

So true.

No one started their day that morning expecting such an outcome, except for Audrey.

Of course for the victims and their families the tragedy is unspeakable. For the shooter’s family as well, who lost someone who used to be their beloved little girl.

For LE, I’m certain there is pain in having to kill a 28-year old person.

Obviously it had to be done and many lives were saved, and I’m in awe of how expeditiously the police handled it.

Quick action, total bravery, swift and sharp commands and clear communication.

”GO! “Next!” “I need three!” “Keep pushing!” “Shots fired!”
Racing upstairs and charging the shooter with no hesitation.

As soon as I saw one tap the other on the shoulder to let him know to enter a room, it was obvious these men were well-trained and meant business.

I was struck from the start when PO Englebert swiftly and calmly said “okay ma’am” to the teacher who was outside and explaining where the children were.

I thought it was Southern genteel manners in the face of danger, only to find out he was from Chicago.

I applaud these officers, all of them, and am grateful they leaned into their training.

A family friend responded to sandy hook. Not long after, he left LE. Think he may have been around his 20 year mark anyway. Went on to become head of security for a school district. And I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

While he moved forward, I can imagine that some may not be able to. I don’t know how they cope with what they’ve seen. I imagine that whether you were the hero that day or not, the bad and painful memories will always outweigh that. It’s a tough job and imo these Nashville officers handled the situation without even stopping to think—they knew they had to act and just did. If ever I were in such a situation, I would want officers like them coming to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆