Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/23ABCNews

The trial of Trezell and Jacqueline West has started for the day. Currently on the stand is Officer Brian Hansen. Hansen is a patrol officer for the California City Police Department (CCPD). In 2020, he was also a field training officer.

Hansen was one of the two officers who had arrived at the West home when Orrin and Orson West were reported missing. According to Hansen, he was with his trainee (Officer Joshua Flores).

Hansen had contact with the Wests upon arrival, however, he does not remember if he was inside or outside.

While at the house, Hansen says he searched for suspicious things, such as blood or torn clothing, as well as the children

Hansen had searched the backyard for footprints, something he had received on-the-job training for. He discovered one footprint despite being told the children were playing there. He says it was within a couple of feet of the cement slab.

The footprint appeared to match with a pair of "slides" (sandals) that were found by the back door. Orrin and Orson were supposedly wearing Nike sneakers. When Hansen asked about the sandals, Jacqueline said the shoes were hers.

Police body camera footage is being played for the court. Hansen does not recognize if the footage is from his camera or Officer Cabriales' camera.

The body camera shows Hasen telling the Wests that "those kids didn't just walk away" and that there is no evidence of any children even being in the yard in a heated discussion.

"You're being defensive because you're being caught up in the lie," Officer Hansen told West after an argument started after West claimed that he was searching for the children. "You don't even care about the welfare, you're caught up in the lie."

Hansen claims in the video that video footage taken from a surveillance camera across the street shows no boys leaving. He also claims that the video does not show any evidence of Trezell searching for the boys, aside from a quick drive around.

Video footage with no signs of the boys has been played for the court. Hansen confirms that the footage has no signs of the boys in it.

In a video of an interview of Trezell West at the CCPD station, Hansen asks when all six of his children were last home. Trezell claims that they were all together two or three days before he had reported them missing.

In the interview, Trezell describes the moments when he supposedly noticed the boys missing. He says that he was collecting wood while the boys played on the concrete slab in the backyard. When he came back, the gate in the yard was open, according to him.

Trezell describes he and his wife searching for the boys, including the directions he drove while in the van.

Hansen tells Trezell that search dogs were unable to find any trace of the children aside from at the house. He suggests that they may have been taken by a car. Trezell replies by asking if his children were kidnapped before saying "oh, Hell no" and apologizing.

Hansen asks about the boys' biological parents and explains that the possibility of kidnapping was why they asked questions about the biological parents earlier on. Trezell claims that the parents do know where the Wests live.

Trezell claims that his dogs wouldn't just leave the yard despite earlier claiming the gate was closed to stop the dogs from leaving the yard. He then takes back his statement and says that his dog Violet would leave the yard.

Hansen informs Trezell that no cars and no people, aside from a man walking his dog, were seen on the street at all around the time when the boys went missing

The court has entered a 15 minute break.
How did I miss the fact that there were dogs on the property? I really do not remember that detail. If there were dogs on the property wouldn't they alert to a stranger outside?

The lack of context is giving me fits. The police did photo lineups? Of whom? I thought no one was seen on cameras. Any ideas?
edited for grammar
Another tweet listed here said one resembled the Auntie. What does he mean? Was TW throwing the Auntie out as a possible suspect?
I have a feeling I am not going to follow this very well because of either my age or that it has been awhile since I read here.
The only thing that I will not forget is that first local news interview.
Please be patient with me if I am asking too many questions.

https://twitter.com/KGETnews

Back in session in the trial of Trezell and Jacqueline West. California City police Officer Brian Hansen remains on the witness stand, under questioning by prosecutor Eric Smith.

Smith is displaying photos of the Wests' home on Aspen Avenue in California City, including the backyard.

The backyard is almost entirely dirt.

Hansen testified the dirt was very soft, "almost baby powder-type."

Smith is now showing photos inside the home. One was taken on Dec. 23, 2020. There are "Minecraft " eating mats, unused diapers inside a closet in one of the kid's rooms. The diapers were size 6, Hansen said.

The diapers were relevant in that he looked for dirty diapers inside the house or trash cans. There was trash in the trash cans but nothing relevant such as dirty diapers, Hansen said.

Two toothbrushes were found in a medicine cabinet, Hansen said. They seemed like they hadn't been used in a while, had dust on them and appeared to be stuck to the cabinet by some sort of fluid.

Hansen testified he looked for kids' cups, kids' silverware, juice boxes, kid snacks. They didn't find sippy cups "or anything like that," he said. He wanted to see evidence kids had been there.

There were multiple news crews around the West residence, Hansen said. He said he later viewed the interview the Wests gave the media.

Smith is playing the interview.

In the interview, Trezell explains how he was gathering wood when the boys went missing. The Wests are standing in the street near their home, multiple microphones set up in front of them.

The Wests ask the public to call police if they see the boys. Trezell says the boys are "going to be here, in this area."

A reporter tells the Wests the biological mother of Orrin and Orson thinks foul play is involved. "That's understandable," Trezell West says. "I'd think the same thing."

Trezell says the police took "just tech" from their house, "like our phones." He says they invited police to search their home.

The Wests say they were told to stay in their home and not go out searching, that authorities were doing that.

"Everybody is making their own conclusions," Jacqueline West says in the interview. "They don't know anything."

Trezell West describes the boys as playful and rambunctious. "They're kids," Jacqueline West says.

Jacqueline West says she thinks her boys were "picked up, or something." She says the boys wouldn't wander around.

Some members of the public react angrily to the Wests, telling them the boys should never have been left alone. They ask why didn't they shut the gate. "Y'all are supposed to take care of my nephews!" a woman shouts.

Others are asking why the Wests weren't out searching. They say the police told them to stay inside.

The Wests go back inside their home. People can be heard yelling and cursing.

The recording is over. Hansen testified he searched the West home 3 or 4 times. He said he found no items pertaining to Orrin or Orson.

The FBI began assisting on Dec. 22, 2020, Hansen said. Bakersfield Police Department and Kern County Sheriff's Office also assisted, he said.

The BPD assisted with search warrants and interviews, Hansen said.

Another interview Hansen had with the Wests is going to be played. The transcript of this interview is about an inch think.

The video has begun, showing Hansen and Trezell West in an interview room along with another member of law enforcement.

Asked about his background, Trezell says he attended Bakersfield High School then Vista West to catch up on credits.

Trezell West says he attended Bakersfield College for a while, then started working with a friend of the family. That ended after a few years.

Trezell West says he and Jacqueline began dating in 2008 and got married in 2010. "I love it," he says of living in Cal City. "I mean, until recent events.

Asked why he left Lotus Lane in Bakersfield, Trezell West says the house in Cal City was cheap and he loves it there.

He said they've lived in Cal City since Sept. 9, 2020. The interview occurred in December 2020.

Wests says he doesn't know his neighbors well but hasn't had issues with anyone.

Trezell West is going over each of his 6 children for the officers. Two are biological, the other 4 adopted.

The children are home-schooled, Trezell West says. His wife teaches them.

Trezell says his eldest son -- 10 at the time -- is a "genius" and he thinks he'll be an astronaut.

His then-9-year-old son is "mischievous," Trezell says. He says he had some issues earlier in life.

Trezell says the dates they home school the children are much the same as going to a regular school. They let the kids have summer and holidays off.

Orrin came to them after suffering a broken leg and his mother lost custody, Trezell West says. He says Orrin cried whenever anyone left his presence, had separation anxiety.

Trezell says Orrin still cries, but now it's for a reason, not just someone leaving. He says Orrin has some anger issues.

Last edited:
Another tweet listed here said one resembled the Auntie. What does he mean? Was TW throwing the Auntie out as a possible suspect?
I have a feeling I am not going to follow this very well because of either my age or that it has been awhile since I read here.
While I certainly appreciate the live tweets - I can't imagine having to do that so consistently -- but tweets or any series of short messages don't provide transitions and context. I am having trouble following those. I wouldn't chalk up the confusion to age, IMO. Hang in there with the rest of us. Maybe we'll find out who Auntie is at some point.

He checked the backyard — where the Wests said the children had been playing — and saw no prints made by a child’s shoe, Officer Brian Hansen testified. There was a shoeprint that appeared to made from a sandal, nothing else.

While I certainly appreciate the live tweets - I can't imagine having to do that so consistently -- but tweets or any series of short messages don't provide transitions and context. I am having trouble following those. I wouldn't chalk up the confusion to age, IMO. Hang in there with the rest of us. Maybe we'll find out who Auntie is at some point.
Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but opening statements are on court tv. Not sure if any testimony will be made available, seems they were added a few hours ago.

BioAuntie had been very vocal against the West parents during the search for the boys and was captured by media allegedly voicing hate against the parents. Tweets indicate videos of the searchers including the auntie are being played in court today.

As searches and the case appeared to be going cold, both locals and non-locals turned against the West family and vandalized their home.

Last edited:
An interview between Trezell West, Officer Hansen, and an FBI agent at the California City Police Department was then played for the court. The video was hours long.

The video began with Trezell answering personal questions about education, work history, home ownership, religious views, and family life, as well as his reasons for adopting. Trezell also talked about his relationship with his family, mainly his two biological children. When talking about Orrin and Orson, Trezell mainly talked about how the boys came to be a part of the West family and how Orrin would cry a lot, especially when alone. He also explained that the boys were separated from the other four children due to having "issues" and not getting along.

After talking about his family, Trezell began speaking about his dogs and how the gate in the backyard needed to be closed to prevent the dogs' escape. He claimed that his dog Mia would leave the yard but his dog Violet would not, contradicting a recorded statement from an earlier interview saying that Violet would leave the yard but the other dog would not.

Trezell then began recounting the events leading up to reporting the two boys missing. He gave the agent and the officer more details, such as how he parks in the yard, how he does not let his children play in the dirt, and how the boys were wearing "warm clothes" when they went missing.

Trezell then began speaking about his other four children, saying he would like to move on for their sake. He explained that his main goal was to protect all six children and that he was concerned about his "main four" being put into the foster care system.

After Trezell expressed that fear, Trezell was asked if his children would lie to the police, to which he responded that they did not lie a lot but that he would not know if they would. Trezell was then accused of lying by the FBI agent as he revealed that Officer Hansen had interviewed all four children and Wanda West individually earlier that day.

According to Hansen, each family member that was interviewed consistently said that they had not seen Orrin or Orson for weeks and possibly even months.

While pushing for Trezell to tell them where the missing boys were, Trezell became upset with the FBI agent and Hansen before threatening to walk out of the interview. The agent left, but Hansen stayed behind to continue talking with Trezell.

The video was paused with approximately 10 minutes left and the jury was released for the day.

BioAuntie had been very vocal against the West parents during the search for the boys and was captured by media voicing hate which is being played in court.

As searches and the case appeared to be going cold, both locals and non-locals turned against the West family and vandalized their home.

Why would you characterize what she said as "hate" ? I thought she asked very reasonable questions. I literally choked up with tears today when they replayed the press conference Trezell & Jacqueline did. It was heart breaking when she said, "You were supposed to take care of my nephews !". I didn't find anything hateful about that.

Why would you characterize what she said as "hate" ? I thought she asked very reasonable questions. I literally choked up with tears today when they replayed the press conference Trezell & Jacqueline did. It was heart breaking when she said, "You were supposed to take care of my nephews !". I didn't find anything hateful about that.
Thanks, @Frodosdojo. I revised my post since I did not hear which MSM video was actually played in court today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam