UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have never watched a trial with such antics...and a judge whose primary concern is being a time keeper?
Johnny Depp’s trial was also on time limitations that the judge tracked … but in no way can you compare that trial to this one LOL!

I wonder how anxious he’s feeling right now. It seemed clear his attorneys didn’t want him taking the stand again but Judge is allowing it, as he said that was for cross and limited purpose beforehand. They can call him for their case.

He will not be happy if he loses this, especially if the remarks about him wanting control / feeling in control are true.

Boy these witnesses today are really blasting TS's story. I think he should just give up. Even with Owens GP has got her !.00 and should get atty fees too. Not sure TS will ever recover from this forced analysis today and he has no one to blame but himself.

i have never watched a trial with such antics...and a judge whose primary concern is being a time keeper?

Maybe it’s because it’s a civil case instead of criminal like we usually watch. I think the rules are a bit looser.

During Tuesday's testimony, Paltrow's lawyers called biomechanical engineer Irving Scher. He testified that the 50-year-old actress' version of the collision matched the laws of physics.

"For [Craig] Ramon's version, I couldn't get it to work," Scher told the jury. "It doesn't match with the laws of physics. The complete part of his testimony just doesn't fit."

Paltrow claimed in her testimony that Sanderson skied into her from behind, and they fell as if they were spooning to the right, landing with their heads uphill. However, Craig Ramon – the only person who claims to be an eyewitness to the collision – claimed Paltrow skied into Sanderson from behind. In his version of events, Sanderson fell forward, face planting in the snow with his skis spread eagle.

"So the key is either she would come out of the bindings or she would be stuck on Mr. Sanderson," Scher explained, referring to Ramon's version of events. "She wouldn't be able to move past him if her skis stayed on in various versions of this."

"But even if [the bindings] didn't release, then her ski winds up getting trapped by his, and she can't move forward," the expert witness added. "And in many of these scenarios, her leg would get twisted in a really odd way that would likely create injuries."

I wonder how anxious he’s feeling right now. It seemed clear his attorneys didn’t want him taking the stand again but Judge is allowing it, as he said that was for cross and limited purpose beforehand. They can call him for their case.

He will not be happy if he loses this, especially if the remarks about him wanting control / feeling in control are true.
i don't think they are making this stuff up.

That just sounded like Elaine “You know this is a high profile case with cameras rolling’?

‘Elaine’ was Amber Heards attorney.

Is Sikes for real. Three times he has said this country lawyer line...people in the gallery are rolling their eyes. Did that other lawyer give me a note to shut up? Fong being in Holland...two times he goes on about that today....the guy is out of touch and a terrible terrible lawyer.

I was stuck in a meeting. I’m watching this current witness who seems very poised (just like GP). I think Sykes (so?) is doing a good job for his client poking holes albeit too condescendingly but these witnesses have held their ground. I need to go back and catch up what I missed the last hour and a half! It sounds like some important psychological info was revealed about TS!

the I'm just a country lawyer repetition meant to make the jurors feel he is more relatable and that GP (the star) has rich city lawyers is falling flat with them I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23