TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
A suspect is dead following a shooting at a private school in Nashville, Tennessee, on Monday, according to police.

The Nashville Fire Department reported that there were multiple patients at the Covenant School, a Christian school for students in preschool through sixth grade.
1679934502874.jpeg
The number of victims was not immediately clear. At least one person has been hospitalized, according to a spokesman at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Police said officers "engaged" with the suspect who was then declared dead.

Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Hey folks, politicizing and gun control discussion/debate is not allowed at Websleuths, so please do not link to articles that are about elected officials and gun control in general.

Just about every case discussion at WS where a gun is the weapon has members start up gun control discussion or political commentary. Such discussion at Websleuths is one of those societal issues that will NEVER result in change in that regard, and it only derails the discussion about the specific case that is under discussion.

Thank you.

ETA: WS has opened a thread for discussion of General Gun Violence / Gun Control.

Do not discuss general gun control in threads dedicated to a specific case, and

Do not discuss specific cases in the thread dedicated to gun violence / gun control

ADMIN NOTE:

Members need to read The Rules they agreed to when they joined Websleuths. Posting/linking to family social media is a violation of TOS. WS rules are linked in my signature for those who need to read them again.

Posts with links to family social media are removed along with all responses to them. If it continues, there will be a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

I'm just catching up and as I got to the end of the last thread it closed.

I just wanted to comment on the discussion about how Audrey could have left her parents house if she felt they weren't accepting her lifestyle....I think if she didn't feel loved & supported by them, she would have begun her killing spree with them. We've seen reports that they were on her list of potential attacks, but I'd guess since they weren't the first target, that their deaths weren't a priority to her.

I just wanted to comment on the discussion about how Audrey could have left her parents house if she felt they weren't accepting her lifestyle....I think if she didn't feel loved & supported by them, she would have begun her killing spree with them. We've seen reports that they were on her list of potential attacks, but I'd guess since they weren't the first target, that their deaths weren't a priority to her.
Interesting thought. I hadn't looked at it that way.

Talked it through with a special operative/Chicago cop today and he absolutely loved the video. Handled it absolutely brilliantly. <modsnip: no source link>

He said this was near perfection, which isn’t easy in the moment, when your adrenaline is going.

Agree.

Additionally, there was some links posted on the previous thread referencing the death of a high school schoolmate and basketball teammate, which this perp reacted to somewhat irrationally. The death occurred in 2022. The gender identity change and the purchase of guns were described as recent. Up until recently, the perp identified as a gay woman, I believe. I wonder if they recent changes coincided with this death. This whole thing may be much more about the inability to process emotions and handling grief than gender issues.

The death of the old friend and the obsessive reaction to it is the first viable trigger I have read this far.

I'll find the link and edit my post to add it.

IMHO
ETA. Link:

Last edited:
Great points. It was a beautiful and quite large interior for a k-6 school. Seems like those panic alarms are not typical either. Definitely added to the horror of the body cam footage but hopefully caused panic in the monster as well and made them feel like their end was near and hellfire was waiting.

Here in the UK, at least in my children's school, the lockdown alarm sounds just like that one. It's deafening.

We have never had a lockdown situation but the school one village over did last year or the year before, someone was seen outside the school on the road swinging around a machete, turns out it was one of my neighbours, luckily he wasnt threatening the school.or anyone else and isn't dangerous (well as undangerous as one can be whilst waving around a machete) and is just a complete and utter moron.

Talked it through with a special operative/Chicago cop today and he absolutely loved the video. Handled it absolutely brilliantly. <modsnip: no source link>

He said this was near perfection, which isn’t easy in the moment, when your adrenaline is going.
I have no experience whatsoever but thought it was an amazing job.

The FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit is working “in tandem with” the Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD) to complete “a very in-depth analysis of certain aspects of the shooter’s life,” Robert Swope said Wednesday.

“The manifesto is going to be released. It’s just a matter of when. There are some incredibly brilliant psychological minds and psychological analysts combing through her entire life,” added Swope, who is a member of the City Council’s Public Safety, Beer and Regulated Beverages Committee.

The FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit is working “in tandem with” the Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD) to complete “a very in-depth analysis of certain aspects of the shooter’s life,” Robert Swope said Wednesday.

“The manifesto is going to be released. It’s just a matter of when. There are some incredibly brilliant psychological minds and psychological analysts combing through her entire life,” added Swope, who is a member of the City Council’s Public Safety, Beer and Regulated Beverages Committee.
The article says she considered two other schools - I don't remember hearing that before.

The article says she considered two other schools - I don't remember hearing that before.

It was posted last thread. Hale chose this school because of the schools considered, it was the least secure, or so Hale thought.

The question I have is why Hale was considering the massacre of innocent people, in general. Prevention cannot occur until we try to look through the smokey glass and get a glimmer of what's going on with such people. I'm not hopeful, so maybe the Governor of Tennessee is correct.

IMO.

I have no experience whatsoever but thought it was an amazing job.
IMO experience is really the key.

I understand that our perceptions are all relevant to our experience; therefore to me in NYC, Nashville’s population of fewer than 600,000 makes it a small town. Comparing that to the population of 15,000 in Uvalve, though, renders Nashville a metropolis.

As Nashville is also a well-known tourist town and the seat of country music, IMO their LE has much more training for a crisis situation than does the Uvalve LE.

Plus, of course, people often feed off the reactions of those around them. Everyone is racing in or everyone is sitting around waiting for someone to take charge.

Finally, people have their unique personalities, even among LE. Some know and care about the reason they are there, while some don’t.

IMO the Nashville police were sublime, even though the video was painful to behold.

JMO

IMO experience is really the key.

I understand that our perceptions are all relevant to our experience; therefore to me in NYC, Nashville’s population of fewer than 600,000 makes it a small town. Comparing that to the population of 15,000 in Uvalve, though, renders Nashville a metropolis.

As Nashville is also a well-known tourist town and the seat of country music, IMO their LE has much more training for a crisis situation than does the Uvalve LE.

Plus, of course, people often feed off the reactions of those around them. Everyone is racing in or everyone is sitting around waiting for someone to take charge.

Finally, people have their unique personalities, even among LE. Some know and care about the reason they are there, while some don’t.

IMO the Nashville police were sublime, even though the video was painful to behold.

JMO
I have zero LE experience and two small children so I am terrified by proxy but I cannot stop watching the body cam footage. I almost (read: I won’t actually) want to show it to my 13yo so he can see that real heroes exist.

I have to wonder whether the eventual release of 'the Manifesto', will be a constructive thing.

It will be important for psychiatrists and the crime community to analyze this type of crime. But at the same time will it inspire anger in others and cause copycat crimes?

JMO

I have to wonder whether the eventual release of 'the Manifesto', will be a constructive thing.

It will be important for psychiatrists and the crime community to analyze this type of crime. But at the same time will it inspire anger in others and cause copycat crimes?

JMO

IMO I wish they wouldn't make it available to the public but would go into some kind of database for psychiatrists, LE, etc to study if needed.

JMO
I'm pretty torn about the release of the manifesto. On the one hand, if there is anything in there that strikes a chord with a friend or family member of a future spree killer and that can be used to prevent further deaths, then by all means release it. If the general public can recognize signs or benefit from reading it, then release it.

On the other hand, if it inspires others to go on spree killings, then releasing it seems like a bad idea.

So, on last thread, people tried to help me out by saying rage is self-affirming and makes a person feel purposeful, perhaps even happy.

I'm so confused. Obviously, that can't be the only way to define rage. Feeling purposeful is not rage.

Are there people who feel useless UNTIL they feel rage? Is that what people mean when they say "rage"? Or "passion"?

At any rate, I now have human- generated definitions of "rage" that point in different directions. Something more is needed.

And I'll go back to the desire to self-harm/suicide. Is this something that, like rage, is universal and self-activating?

For now, I'm going to go with no one has an explanation for what just happened in TN.

IMO.

JMO
What happened when they released or published other manifestos? The recent manifestos of the Walmart shooter and the Buffalo grocery store shooter were available online, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow