GA - Trent Lehrkamp, 19, victim of extreme hazing, St. Simons Island, 21 Mar 2023

I was surprised by the news articles mentioning the word, not you putting it in the thread title <3
I'm sure you can ask a mod to remove the word until we know what actually happened.
I'm going to see if I can find any updates...... Hope he's ok =(

No worries, I got that. It is a good point to ask to change once we have a sense of the extent of the criminal behavior. I do hope this kid is okay. Between the Murdaugh trial (SC privilege), the M family turning a blind eye to PM behavior, Ahmaud Arbery (killed because he did not belong, same area as this young man), and the Arbery prosecutor charged with obstruction, I am struggling with some of the privilege and behavior in this part of the world.

Seems like he is recovering little by little. I wonder how much physiological and psychological damage has been done. This man and his family are in my continued thoughts.

"On behalf of Lehrkamp’s family Wednesday, Glynn County Police Interim Chief O’Neal Jackson provided a statement to the public:

Trent is transitioning — he’s beginning the next step of his care and we ask that you continue to pray for Trent.

The family would like to state that they’re in full cooperation with this investigation and the efforts of all the law enforcement officers.

They want justice for Trent and hopefully, they’ll be able to prevent this from happening to anyone else in the future."

From : Trent Lehrkamp’s family wants justice for teen hospitalized after party

[snip]

Lehrkamp had been on life support at one point, according to his family, but has since improved.

Police said he was treated for intoxication from a "mixture of controlled substances and alcohol," and Lehrkamp's friend Michael Sullins said he'd been beaten, bullied, had acid poured down his throat, peed on and been force-fed an entire handle of vodka.

[snip]

No arrests have yet been made: Interim Chief Jackson said the investigation is moving along and taking time, with evidence that's been collected sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Lab for analysis.

[snip]
  • Potential charges: The case does not evidently meet Georgia's anti-hazing statutes, according to Jackson, because those are tailored for groups such as fraternities or other school organizations. It was initially classified in reports under "assault" but it's unclear how the case might actually be charged. Jackson said the department would be working with the local District Attorney's Office to formulate charges once the investigation is complete. Jackson said they want "enough probable cause to support a charge that's not only chargeable but prosecutable and it's winnable."
  • Who could be charged: So far, no identities of any potential suspects - or even any classification of possible suspects - has been detailed by police. However, Jackson said they're "not taking anything off the table" when asked about possible charges for the owner(s) of the home where the alleged abuse occurred.

[snip]

• Some accused participants in the abuse have been misidentified: Jackson said there had been "misinformation" on social media about the case, and that it included the "misidentification of individuals that were not involved in this incident, which has had an effect on families in our local community." He asked people not to spread rumors because investigators follow all up on all leads that get submitted, a process that can result in them being "drawn from other assignments of critical information important to this investigation."
  • The FBI is involved: The bureau's Atlanta office said in a statement: "We are assisting Glynn County Police in its investigation. The FBI is always willing to assist in investigations when local partners request our assistance whether that be in manpower, technical expertise, or whatever the specific situation requires." Jackson also mentioned the GBI, Glynn County Schools Police Department and local DA's Office are all also assisting.

[snip]

What we know so far about the case of alleged abuse of south Georgia 19-year-old

The family of victim Trenton Lehrkamp have said he is recovering after being dropped off at a hospital emergency room earlier this month.

GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — Police in south Georgia on Wednesday provided the latest details on the case of a 19-year-old who was hospitalized after allegedly being hosed down, taped to a chair and force-fed alcohol and other substances in a case that's been likened to extreme examples of "hazing."
On Wednesday, Glynn County's interim police chief O'Neal Jackson III spoke to reporters during an afternoon press conference, with the case picking up widespread media attention this week.

On top of the horrific treatment, there's also this:
Trent's mother Jaymie died in 2021 aged 43. Mark has since remarried.

And this:
In fact, by then, Trent – whose full name is Trenton – had been dropped at the ER by three youths. He was lying in the back of a Jeep Wrangler 'unresponsive after drinking vodka and antidepressants.'

At six breaths a minute, his breathing was so shallow he could not breathe independently

@AliceInPain, this reminds me a little bit of other cases where there are "haves" and "have nots" among a community. It seems like this young man was the victim not so much a hazing but rather systematic, brutal attacks that included alcohol, drugs, solvents like WD-40 and more. Some articles discuss that the social media posts from the attackers are in the hands of LE and online for those who wish to view (I just can't myself).
Imo, it's not hazing. I'd go as far as saying attempted murder, because their actions showed deliberate, intentionally and reckless extreme disregard for human life, though Trent was taken to the hospital the attack was vicious and brutal. I know I am overreacting with attempted murder; however, I'm so disgusted with what happened to this young man.

Edited: moo

Last edited:
Imo, it's not hazing. I'd go as far as saying attempted murder, because their actions showed deliberate, intentionally and reckless extreme disregard for human life, though Trent was taken to the hospital the attack was vicious and brutal. I know I am overreacting with attempted murder; however, I'm so disgusted with what happened to this young man Trent.
I thought aggravated assault and battery (felony, 1-20 years) until I read the GA code.
They have to intend to murder, (which is hard to prove in court unless there are texts), use a weapon and seriously disfigure, I don’t know if being on a ventilator in ICU is enough (if it’s not enough, this law needs to be re-written)
Simple assault and battery is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year and minimizes the damages he endured, in my opinion.

Georgia Assault and Battery Laws - FindLaw

Aggravated Assault: Assaulting someone:
(1) With intent to murder, to rape, or to rob;
(2) With a deadly weapon or with any object, device, or instrument which, when used
offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury; or
(3) Shooting a firearm from within a
motor vehicle toward a person or persons.

Aggravated Battery: Intentionally and maliciously inflicting a serious injury to the victim, such as loss of a limb, loss of use of a limb, or serious disfigurement.

What is "Serious Disfigurement?"Any kind of physical alteration to another person's body, such as a visible scar on someone’s face or other body part; or a broken bone that alters one’s physical appearance

Teen linked to "hazing" case has drinking problem, mom told police https://trib.al/4xjAsha via
@BrettWSAV
He has more than a drinking problem, in my opinion.

From your link:

The WSAV Investigative Unit has linked one of the teens, linked to Trent’s case through a disturbing SnapChat post, to an arrest in November of 2022.

At the time he was arrested, EH [I redacted name] was 17 years old. An arrest report from November, after his mother called 911, says the officer walked into the home to find a shattered mirror and broken pot.

The officer taking the report says when he asked the teen to share his side of the story, EH told him it involved his “private family” and that the officer could either “arrest him or leave him alone,” the report says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back