TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently, she had been training for this, for awhile.

A Nashville woman, who asked that her identity be concealed, said she was at the range that day with her boyfriend, and got such a bad feeling from the woman in the hat that she stepped out of the room and snapped the photograph.

“I was like, there’s something weird here,” the woman said. “I was just thinking, if something was to happen, I need a picture of this person.”

Nearly a year after taking the picture, the woman said she saw the video of Hale wearing her hat backwards during the shooting, and recognized her.

I happened to attend the training back in 2022, and today I had a conversation with instructor Brink Fidler right after he toured the school.

HM: Have you ever instructed a group of people who have had to put it into practice?

BF: Not until now. I knew it was inevitable just statistically speaking. One of these large corporations or organizations — eventually it was going to happen. And when this unfolded Monday, I can't believe it happened. Everybody, people talk about all the time how they never thought it would happen to them, and statistically speaking, it's probably not going to happen to you. But I'll tell you Katherine Koonce and Ben Gatlin and this staff and these teachers and the facilities personnel — who didn't have to be there but chose to sit in on the training — that was the difference maker for what could've been a much more tragic outcome than it was.

A Nashville woman, who asked that her identity be concealed, said she was at the range that day with her boyfriend, and got such a bad feeling from the woman in the hat that she stepped out of the room and snapped the photograph.

“I was like, there’s something weird here,” the woman said. “I was just thinking, if something was to happen, I need a picture of this person.”

Nearly a year after taking the picture, the woman said she saw the video of Hale wearing her hat backwards during the shooting, and recognized her.
I suspected as much. She handled the weapon nicely in the surveillance video.

Lots of prep time went into this.

Quite methodical.

How nice.

She may have just run into her by chance. The three kids had been in the chapel. They were not locked down in a classroom. If the pastor had counseling sessions with AH then he probably had family photos in his office and she would have stared at those photos. If the sessions were during the school day, then his daughter may even have stopped by his office. There is also the possibility that she didn’t recognize his daughter and it was just random because those three kids were not locked down in one of the classrooms.
All IMO….It just seems so…. unlikely that of all 200+ kids, the killer just so happened to kill the pastor’s daughter, and it’s possible the pastor was also counseling the shooter at some point? If the stories are true that the 3 children were killed in the chapel, and the chapel is that room off to the right just after the shooter gained entry through the doors… I dunno. I thought it was curious that the shooter opted to enter through the church side of the building vs the actual school entry. But if the shooter had been getting counseling from the pastor and somehow knew his daughter would be practicing for this grandparents show thing, it seems at least possible that the shooter entered the chapel side intentionally.

What are the chances the pastor’s daughter was one of the three killed from over 200 students?

‘She then popped up uninvited to my sister’s painting that my mom held a few weeks ago (odd) and still don’t know how she found out.
I get why the twin sister doesn’t want her sister‘s memory associated with this at all. But I find it hard to believe if the shooter was as obsessed with the dead sister as others have indicated that this unveiling ceremony is totally unrelated to the downward spiral into mass murder/suicide by cop a few weeks later. Of course it’s not the dead sister’s fault at all. But could this painting reveal been a trigger for the shooter?

“Truth is none of us know why she did that,’ Sims’ sister said of the rampage.

‘Nothing about what she [Hale] has done is Ok, we’ve not had any contact with that girl for years due to other things.

‘We all played middle school basketball together. That’s it and that is all. Granted everyone was welcomed to my sister’s funeral and that’s when we saw her for the first time in a while.

‘She then popped up uninvited to my sister’s painting that my mom held a few weeks ago (odd) and still don’t know how she found out.

‘So with all due respect don’t attach my family, especially my sister, to this mess.’

BBM, from other articludrey was in a relationship with the car accident victim. But the car accident’s twin sister’s statement does not make it seem that way at all. More like there hadn’t been recent contact between Audrey and the deceased.

The more we find out about Audrey the more troubled she seems.
I keep going back to this bolded section.

What other things contributed to the no contact that this twin was referring to? There is way more going on here with Hale...and for quite some time, it seems. Imho

So Hale gave off a strange enough vibe that someone snapped a pic. Intriguing. I'd love to hear more.

I get why the twin sister doesn’t want her sister‘s memory associated with this at all. But I find it hard to believe if the shooter was as obsessed with the dead sister as others have indicated that this unveiling ceremony is totally unrelated to the downward spiral into mass murder/suicide by cop a few weeks later. Of course it’s not the dead sister’s fault at all. But could this painting reveal been a trigger for the shooter?
It doesn’t seem so, the article just linked upthread shows her practicing at a gun range as far back as May 2022. Seems she’s been planning this a while.

It doesn’t seem so, the article just linked upthread shows her practicing at a gun range as far back as May 2022. Seems she’s been planning this a while.
Oh, I don’t doubt this has been something the shooter has considered or planned for a long time… but why now, as opposed to say, a few months ago or a few months from now? It seems at least possible to me that the painting thing that he showed up at could’ve sent him into a spiral of actually following through.

She attacks a school that's directly linked to the pastor. The focus becomes less about the school's security measures. (IF he did counsel her). MOO.

Understand.

Motive would be nice in this case....before things go too far. Lots of reputations can be ruined based on speculation. I'd suggest when things are unknown, we all try to come up with the "why" and sometimes people's lives are ruined by those speculations.

This far, I've seen: Parents didn't accept Hale's Identity, which put the perp over the edge. The Dead Teammate and Hale had a possible relationship and the teammates death caused her to lose it....but they really didn't have a relationship and the twin sister had to defend her deceased sister's reputation from being associated with a child murderer. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Publish the manifesto!

Imho

Oh, I don’t doubt this has been something the shooter has considered or planned for a long time… but why now, as opposed to say, a few months ago or a few months from now? It seems at least possible to me that the painting thing that he showed up at could’ve sent him into a spiral of actually following through.
Meaning? That the pastor did something wrong? The connection to the school was already there. Right?
I took it to mean a link between the pastor and his daughter being potentially targeted, not that the pastor did something wrong, but perhaps in the shooter’s mind, a punishment of sorts for the pastor for perceived wrongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones