TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hale was a Nashville-based graphic designer and illustrator who created logos and branding to “help tell a company’s story” and “bring a whimsical and light-hearted feel.”
“Aside from art, I enjoy binging on video games, watching movies, and playing sports,” Hale wrote on a personal website. “There is a child-like part about me that loves to go run to the playground.

One image included the phrase, “To Be A Kid (forever and ever).”
A former vice president of the college, Byron Edwards, described Hale as, “… the sweetest little thing. I’m just shocked. My wife and I have been crying all day about it,” adding that Hale “was really shy and really good.”
Hale’s illustration work was “whimsical” and “childlike,”
“I could have seen (Hale) doing children’s books for a living,”
Cody said he thought Hale was much younger because Hale “dressed like a little kid” and brought stuffed animals to class.
“The art couldn’t be more childish, family-friendly, G-rated, to a nauseating degree, almost,” and filled with “very garish, bright colors,” Cody said.

This desire of her to remain a child is difficult to understand. At least to me. MOO
I think her childhood was when she was happiest and the stuffed animal was her reminder.

@Cryptic exactly. As if AH felt like high school was the pinnacle of her life. Which is why she reached out to a former teammate from that period of her life. Before everything became confusing, "grown up" with expectations...that AH didn't know how to deal with.
Good point about the former team mate.

I think your observation that she reached out to a former teammate as opposed to say, a non athletic classmate, teacher, theater participant etc. could illustrate that not only was high school in general the pinnacle of her life, but that athletics in particular were the brightest part of that pinnacle.

There are plenty of good high school athletes who do not have quick answers to: Cheering has stopped- now what?

I have met 45 year old adults who still view their high school athletic experience as "The Pinnacle of Glory Days- when the World was Right".

These men are not exactly physicians and CEOs today (our 'burb has never been known for producing those). They do, however, have families. They are also very non murderous.

I wonder if the decline of marriage expectations and the reduction the idea that "There is someone for everyone" - Kenny Rogers (Don't worry, if you cant find him or her, the neighborhood, church, workplace, social club match maker has some ideas) contributed to AD's actions?

Maybe as a female incel?

Modern day hero. And he doesn't even think he is brave.

'I'm certainly not brave': Nashville pastor seen on cop body cam helping them burst into school and shoot dead trans gunman says he's 'thankful to God more students weren't harmed'

• Matthew Sullivan is the Chaplain at The Covenant School of Nashville
  • Sullivan was seen ushering police into the school as they attempted to secure the premises and stop Hale from her massacre of staff and school children

1680304614038.png

A Nashville pastor who was seen on police body cam helping officers burst into a school where a trans gunman was on the loose has said he is thankful more students were not killed.

Matthew Sullivan was one of two staff members who bravely ushered cops into The Covenant School to stop Audrey Hale from her killing spree.

Sullivan can be seen in bodycam footage outside the school building pointing in the direction of Hale who was still inside, it was later revealed that he'd also given police access to his key to let them in.

Sullivan told DailyMail.com that he's 'certainly not brave' despite playing a key role in identifying and allowing police to take down the twisted shooter.

Sullivan's son, Jack, who said that it was his father also provided authorities with keys to get inside adding that watching the footage of his father brought him to tears.

Jack said that his father is safe but very much still in shock from the attack, he said that Sullivan is doing all he can as a spiritual leader to families.

On Facebook Sullivan was seen posting messages of comfort to families and friends in the wake of the disturbing massacre.

'Visiting families. Please pray for strength and comfort,' he said on Tuesday.

On Friday, Sullivan marked the first funeral from the tragic event saying: 'First funeral today. May the Lord wrap His big arms around the family through us.'

I think her childhood was when she was happiest and the stuffed animal was her reminder.
Quite possible. She was planning this for quite a while. Purchasing the equipment, training, writing her journal or manifesto even planning the clothing. Scoping out possible venues. I think this was a determined act of murder and not something where she snapped, obviously. It seems like the death of her teammate was a turning point for her though as it was soon after she declared her gender identity and began the planning. It's been mentioned in the media that she was previously suicidal and I wonder what was happening in her life during that time. Now I wonder if she was hoping that her parents would assist her in her medical treatment for surgical transition. She was no longer on the parents health insurance although she may have had disability insurance. I don't know. Hmmm.

My heart breaks for the families who lost their loved ones in this awful attack. It's a nightmare and I hope due to their faith that they eventually find a way to go on.

Last edited:

Family believes Nashville shooting victim Evelyn Dieckhaus was leading classmates to safety​

Nashville Christian school shooting victim Evelyn Dieckhaus may have been leading her classmates to safety after the killer activated a fire alarm when she broke into the building.

Evelyn’s aunt Kelly Dorrance told the Daily Beast she heard the 9-year-old girl was heading the line of children in what she may have believed was a fire drill.

“We’re finding out the shooter may have pulled the fire alarm to get kids out of their classroom. Evelyn being one of the class leaders was at the front of the line assuming fire drill,” a private Instagram post the aunt provided to the outlet stated.

“She was trying to lead her classmates to safety and possibly didn’t hear the shouts to come back in the room. Things children should never worry about,” the post read.

The killer activated a fire alarm when she broke into the building.

We’re finding out the shooter may have pulled the fire alarm to get kids out of their classroom.

Utterly utterly sickening!

I read that Evelyn's favorite color is Pink. I plan on wearing something pink tomorrow, in her memory. Nine years isn't long enough. She was brave, her actions, pulling the fire alarm may have saved others.

Quite possible. She was planning this for quite a while. Purchasing the equipment, training, writing her journal or manifesto even planning the clothing. Scoping out possible venues. I think this was a determined act of murder and not something where she snapped, obviously. It seems like the death of her teammate was a turning point for her though as it was soon after she declared her gender identity and began the planning. It's been mentioned in the media that she was previously suicidal and I wonder what was happening in her life during that time. Now I wonder if she was hoping that her parents would assist her in her medical treatment for surgical transition. She was no longer on the parents health insurance although she may have had disability insurance. I don't know. Hmmm.

My heart breaks for the families who lost their loved ones in this awful attack. It's a nightmare and I hope due to their faith that they eventually find a way to go on.
If her parents had a religious objection to her sexual identity, I don't believe they would have paid for any transitioning she wanted. I really question why LE was so quick to label her as "transgender." From what I've read, she sounds like a lesbian with quite a few crushes on her athletic teammates. I do believe LE is also doing a deep dive into her social media.

This case is so horrifying, it sounds more like the plot of a procedural tv drama rather than a very real, horrific nightmare the victims families are experiencing. It is beyond tragic. smh.

When I watched the body cam footage, towards the beginning when Officer Engelbert raised his gun in the first classroom it looked like to me like his hand was shaking. My immediate thought was, if it was shaking due to fear (whether for himself, the children and teachers, his fellow officers or all of the above - and rightly so because it would be ridiculous to expect police officers should be immune to fear in a dangerous situation), how brave he was to just keep charging forward while also keeping his cool. No hesitation. And they way the officers just knew how to move around each other, cover each other, etc all with hardly saying a word was almost like watching a dance, to use a ridiculous analogy.
It’s adrenaline, told to me from a few guys who would know. You’re amped up in the moment, knowing you’re about to face your worst nightmare. That’s why training kicks in and is so important, with muscle memory and the tactics you’ve been taught.

These guys were as close to picture perfect as it gets; or so I’m told.

The training is that even if you have a child dying on the floor, you push forward to eliminate the threat.

do you believe these shocking acts of violence can come out of the blue ?
is it possible she hadn't shawn aggressive behavior or done something violent acts previously .. that wasn't discovered ?

Evelyn Dieckhaus, 9, is remembered as a 'beacon of light and hope' in first Nashville school shooting funeral

Amid a dark mood in Nashville, the girl's church pastor reminded mourners of Evelyn's aura of "hope and love."

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Evelyn Dieckhaus had planned to spend Friday singing Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" in a play about jazz at her school.

Instead, mourners wearing pastel colors packed into Woodmont Christian Church to remember the 9-year-old "shining light" who was killed in a rampage Monday. Among them, country music singer Vince Gill, who sang Armstrong's song in her honor.

"Evelyn could have been anything,” senior pastor Clay Stauffer said. "But she chose to be a beacon of light and hope, love and joy to those around her.”

Evelyn’s funeral was the first held for a victim of Monday’s massacre at The Covenant School. A photo of her on the programs, with a big smile and a bright pink headband pushing back her light blond hair, filled the room for the celebration of her life.

In an obituary published in the Tennessean, the 9-year-old's family described Evelyn as "strong but never pushy," with a self-composure beyond her years.

She also loved music.

Evelyn's uncle, Jeff Dieckhaus, said during the service that his niece was “our family’s shining light” and was “always happy, always smiling.”

“She had the courage of a tiger and a spirit that far outsized her 9-year-old body,” he said.

The most important thing to Evelyn was her family, he said. She also loved babies and animals and nature, he said.

She was also known as an “adoring little sister” to Eleanor, her uncle said: The two were almost always connected — playing together, snuggling and holding hands while they walked.

They were “each other’s biggest fans,” Dieckhaus said. “At their core, they were best friends and loved each other so much.”

At the service, Dieckhaus shared some words from Evelyn’s big sister.

“Evelyn was funny, caring and super knowledgeable. She was the best thing that ever happened to me.”

Rest in peace beautiful child.

do you believe these shocking acts of violence can come out of the blue ?
is it possible she hadn't shawn aggressive behavior or done something violent acts previously .. that wasn't discovered ?
No, I don't believe something so organized and methodical came out of the blue. There has been so much written about this case yet so much we still do not know.

This. We often think about parents losing a child. Here, the focus is on the sibling, losing her only sister. I can't imagine the crushing emotional pain, absolutely visceral, that would cause, practically every single day.

Whatever problem AH had, I will never understand why she felt she needed to do this to people who she never met.

Now, on the news they are talking about "copycat school shooters". There is a problem here.

Substitute teacher killed at Nashville school heralded as a devoted mother and educator with a deep faith

Cindy Peak was remembered as a devoted mother who fiercely loved her family, a “spitfire” and a longtime educator who brought out the best in her students.

Peak “invested her life fully in the encouragement of others,” pastor Scott Sauls said during the service. Her three favorite roles were that of a loving mother, wife and teacher, he said.

“We will never stop missing her,” Sauls said.

“Cindy was loyal to family and friends and she loved her students and parents,” her sister Debbie Dunlap said. “But the absolute loves of her life were her husband and children."

Dunlap said Peak’s love for her children “launched her into another stratosphere."

“She was my confidant, my best friend, my beloved sister,” Dunlap said through tears. “No one can replace her."

Her husband, Chris Peak, said “there is no doubt in my mind, in my family’s mind, that Cindy died a hero.”

An online obituary stated that Peak wanted to be remembered first for her love of God followed by her love for her husband, their three children and everyone else she considered family.

Sally Weatherly, a friend and fellow teacher, shared stories of Peak picking her up in her “hot red sports car” and showing her Nashville.

She said Peak had “strong opinions and great advice,” made the best banana bread and had an infectious smile and laugh.

Peak made homemade Christmas ornaments for everyone in her third-grade class, Weatherly said.

“She was a gatherer of people,” she said at the funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth