Did Morphey know what he was involved in?

I think Thomas has admitted much to LE and the memory lapses talked about may not even exist..meaning all of this Thomas story is supposedly a leak....so to put more pressure on Drew I can see them saying Thomas didn't supply as much info as he may have to the police. As far as him not being home..I think he is in a safe house now....Drew has too many friends in low places to leave Thomas out and about.

I hope so! And the Priest as well!

I will also point out that when a known substance abuser gets rushed to the ER blacked out or in a coma, cops don't come running to look for foul play.

I would bet that many, many people who OD don't remember exactly what they took or where they got the stuff. If Thomas said he did not mean to OD, are cops going to test the inside of the bottle to see if it was spiked? You'd probably have to get a very persistant lawyer or family member to insist, and sign stuff agreeing to pay for the extra testing.

People don't believe drunks, even when they sober up and are telling the truth. They write them off as hopeless. Alcoholism is a very misunderstood disease.
I seriously doubt cops were on top of it enough to do a thourough investigation before someone got rid of whatever Thomas ingested.

Consider an alcoholic who just realized he is an accomplice to murder, give him a bottle, and unless he is Powerfully recovered, he will drink it...all of it.

JMO
Susan

Has anyone noticed that most of the newspaper accounts of Drew P and Tom end after saying they put the barrel or container in Drew P's truck? So while he helped to load the container, I am not sure if he helped to dispose of it. Getting it into the truck would be much harder for one person to do than getting it out of the truck.

Has anyone seen anything that indicates that Tom helped Drew P to dispose of the body?

Very good point, DeltaDawn. Good thing he called the friend when he did!

Susan

Has anyone noticed that most of the newspaper accounts of Drew P and Tom end after saying they put the barrel or container in Drew P's truck? So while he helped to load the container, I am not sure if he helped to dispose of it. Getting it into the truck would be much harder for one person to do than getting it out of the truck.

Has anyone seen anything that indicates that Tom helped Drew P to dispose of the body?

What time did Thomas call his friend? That would give some indication of wether he had time to help dump it or not.

I can see the cops not letting on all Thomas has told them.

I will also point out that when a known substance abuser gets rushed to the ER blacked out or in a coma, cops don't come running to look for foul play.

I would bet that many, many people who OD don't remember exactly what they took or where they got the stuff. If Thomas said he did not mean to OD, are cops going to test the inside of the bottle to see if it was spiked? You'd probably have to get a very persistant lawyer or family member to insist, and sign stuff agreeing to pay for the extra testing.

People don't believe drunks, even when they sober up and are telling the truth. They write them off as hopeless. Alcoholism is a very misunderstood disease.
I seriously doubt cops were on top of it enough to do a thourough investigation before someone got rid of whatever Thomas ingested.

Consider an alcoholic who just realized he is an accomplice to murder, give him a bottle, and unless he is Powerfully recovered, he will drink it...all of it.

JMO
Susan

You're right. They may not have believed him. But I think that after they learned that he may have been duped (if he was) into helping Drew P that then they may have taken him seriously.

I have been following this, just reading and reading. Am wondering where step brother was when wife #3 died? Was this someone Drew knew (or thought) he could trust?

Sabego

You're right. They may not have believed him. But I think that after they learned that he may have been duped (if he was) into helping Drew P that then they may have taken him seriously.
The more I think about this, the more I think Drew has blackmail info on Morphey, perhaps info not relating to this case. I believe Drew feels that he can intimidate Morphey into helping and to be quite because there is something really bad in Morphey's past that Drew knows about. It's help me out or you are going down for your past.

Seems like Morphey has a bad past that Drew knows about....hence the drug use, memory lapses, willingness to participate in what he must know is a cover up.

Morphey is in deep water either way and is trying to keep his past crimes, and his current involvement quiet. It was too much, so he tried to commit suicide. JMO

I have been following this, just reading and reading. Am wondering where step brother was when wife #3 died? Was this someone Drew knew (or thought) he could trust?

Sabego

good question!....it's possible that this step-brother was involved w/that, as some kind of favor to DP, and it was held over this guy's head??????...as i said, it's possible...just speculating

sounds like the guy has had problems w/drinking & maybe druggin...who better to "use"....keep something over his head & he'd probably do anything DP asked....

The more I think about this, the more I think Drew has blackmail info on Morphey, perhaps info not relating to this case. I believe Drew feels that he can intimidate Morphey into helping and to be quited because there is something really bad in Morphey's past that Drew knows about. It's help me out or you are going down for your past.

Seems like Morphey has a bad past that Drew knows about....hence the drug use, memory lapses, willingness to participate in what he must know is a cover up.

Morphey is in deep water either way and is trying to keep his past crimes, and his current involvement quiet. It was too much, so he tried to commit suicide. JMO
Don't most crimes have a statute of limitations? I don't know the law. So, I could be wrong. In any case, I would throw myself at the mercy of the police and confess to any and all past behaviors, totally spilling the beans on DP. If DP knowingly covered for his stepbrother, wouldn't that be a worse crime because he is a police officer sworn to uphold the law??

I agree completely, CO. I believe that DP involved Morphey because knowing his history, I think DP thought that LE wouldn't view him as credible, if he were to turn over evidence.
Another poster on here, TGIRecovered, said yesterday that she suspected that DP might have actually poisioned Morphey, which I have a tendency to agree with her theory......DP gave Morphey a bottle of his favorite beverage, with the anti-depressants laced in it.

i agree w/the statement in bold letters....i don't think DP drugged/poisoned Morphey though....

Don't most crimes have a statute of limitations? I don't know the law. So, I could be wrong. In any case, I would throw myself at the mercy of the police and confess to any and all past behaviors, totally spilling the beans on DP. If DP knowingly covered for his stepbrother, wouldn't that be a worse crime because he is a police officer sworn to uphold the law??

Yes, but he is scared, and Drew still has him convinced that he can get away with everything if he does as Drew tells him. Also, he may be afraid that he will be the next murder (or accident bath victim).

People in great deals of stress don't think rationally, and it is obvious that Morphey is searching for a way out by providing some info, but not all. He is going to go down one way or another. I think that's why he tried to commit suicide, not because he is distraught over "possibly unwittingly helping Drew dispose of Stacy".

This guy is in way over his head.

(snip)
Thomas Morphey is known in his Bolingbrook subdivision for his award-winning Christmas light display and meticulously striped lawn. But his home's tidy facade belies his messy history of substance abuse issues and a lengthy rap sheet.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/672837,6_1_NA29_PETERSON_S2.article

This may explain why Drew P felt comfortable going to Morph with his problems.

Throughout the 1990s, Morphey accumulated domestic violence arrests in DuPage County. He pleaded guilty to battery in exchange for supervision, which was revoked when he twice failed to show for his court-ordered psychological evaluation.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/673051,CST-NWS-boling29.article

This may explain why Drew P felt comfortable going to Morph with his problems.

Throughout the 1990s, Morphey accumulated domestic violence arrests in DuPage County. He pleaded guilty to battery in exchange for supervision, which was revoked when he twice failed to show for his court-ordered psychological evaluation.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/673051,CST-NWS-boling29.article

And yet Drew paints a picture that Stacy's family was screwed up. Drews family is the secret scary screwed up family type. IMO. Stacy's family was struggling with challenges that life threw at them.

I think DrewP felt comfortable using his stepbrother because he'd come in handy before with dirty dealings. If there had been things in the past he'd helped with and kept quiet then he would have felt better about using him again. I do think he had things to hold over him to keep him in line.
I am suspicous about DrewP giving him the bottle and wish the contents could be tested. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to what DrewP would do.
If both DrewP and his stepbrother have a history of domestic violence it makes me even more sure that there is a lot of family dysfunction we haven't heard anything about yet.

At this time I don't think the stepbrother knew just exactly what he was helping with, DrewP is a manipulator and IMO used him and the deed was done before he had a lightbulb moment. If DrewP had let him know everything, then he would have used him to help dispose of the body rather than to just load the container. He also would have not had a problem using the cell phone more and telling him to answer it so there would be a trail of actual calls received between him and Stacy.
His stepbrother may not be the most savory person but I don't think he wanted to be involved with an actual murder.

And yet Drew paints a picture that Stacy's family was screwed up. Drews family is the secret scary screwed up family type. IMO. Stacy's family was struggling with challenges that life threw at them.

And as if Stacy's family didn't already have enough tragedy now they have all of this added onto it! My heart goes out to her family and hope they in time will be able to find justice and closure.

VB

I think Drew's earlier statements of Stacy being on antidepressants goes along with him using Tom in his grand scheme of things. He probably did offer her pills to him as a reason to get him over to his house. If Tom took some of them then...it could explain his memory lapses. Drew preys on the weaknesses in people and he is a master of manipulation.

Why would Tom stay at the coffee shop waiting on Drew for as long as he did? Didn't this strike him as odd behavior? He is invited out for coffee and the guy bolts? What did Drew tell Tom about where Stacy was at that time of the night and why Stacy wasn't there to help him load the barrel or container? Why didn't Drew have the oldest son help load an "innocent" container in the back of his vehicle? Did the children see Uncle Tom that night? (It was early enough they would have been awake and able to verify he was at least there.)

Sabego

We don't know for sure, Sabego. We have all been searching for any news related article that relates to the relationship between DP and TM. According to neighbors and friends of DP, (seen last night on Greta), neither of them had ever even heard of this guy...until the story broke.

According to Sharon, Stacy's neighbor and friend, Stacy had never mentioned him to her either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back