IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod May Have Been Using False Identity - Hamilton County - 27 Nov 1992 #2

@T rex , great thinking!!!

All "the usual" hasn't turned up anything definitive -- this guy's story is well aligned with fakePaul!

Chesty Chips Facebook:

Amway:

Amway US but no posts yet?

I am putting together photo/messages to post all over facebook. I am trying to get into the Roosevelt High School Group.
I am also preparing a media release to send out. As well as some other helpful things that I will share as soon as they are finished.

I've also been looking pretty hard at the Cleveland angle since learning about the accent. I have two interesting finds I will post as soon as I get them typed up.

Anyone interested in seeing more details about the case can visit www.whoispaulraymondharrod.com

As you said in your vidieo, this man didn't make any mistakes. What we see is what he wants us to see and what he doesn't want us to see is what we don't see. It's all just sleight of hand. When looking at the marriage application it's obvious that he's trying to disguise his handwritting. He no doubt had it on his mind and I don't think he's going to make careless mistakes. He mentions to his wife that he had worked at Harrod's so it seems to me that he doesn't mind drawing attention to that name. Once again it's what we see and what we don't see and we don't see the name Condon. Why? There could possibly be a connection. Or maybe it's just because she's still living at that point, but if he knows this then that in itself could be a clue.
To shorten this post up a bit I'm just gonna say that I think Coletti, Italian, Yonkers NY, Hoven SD, Diane Rae and some other things are just red herrings.
Now we know the car was in Colorado. Why Colorado? If it broke down there, he ran it out of gas and had no money, it was somehow discovered and reposessed or some other such thing then Colorado might be a clue, but if he intentionally left it there well then that's just another red herring. All of this is just my opinion.

As you said in your vidieo, this man didn't make any mistakes. What we see is what he wants us to see and what he doesn't want us to see is what we don't see. It's all just sleight of hand. When looking at the marriage application it's obvious that he's trying to disguise his handwritting. He no doubt had it on his mind and I don't think he's going to make careless mistakes. He mentions to his wife that he had worked at Harrod's so it seems to me that he doesn't mind drawing attention to that name. Once again it's what we see and what we don't see and we don't see the name Condon. Why? There could possibly be a connection. Or maybe it's just because she's still living at that point, but if he knows this then that in itself could be a clue.
To shorten this post up a bit I'm just gonna say that I think Coletti, Italian, Yonkers NY, Hoven SD, Diane Rae and some other things are just red herrings.
Now we know the car was in Colorado. Why Colorado? If it broke down there, he ran it out of gas and had no money, it was somehow discovered and reposessed or some other such thing then Colorado might be a clue, but if he intentionally left it there well then that's just another red herring. All of this is just my opinion.
Great points!

A couple things I can clarify:

1 - We believe the car was repossessed by GMAC and taken to the auction by then. There is no way to confirm this, as the records have been destroyed.

2 - Hoven, SD was not a bank account, but a secured credit card that was obtained in 1993 or some point prior. I believe he had this card before he left. This was just discovered today.

3 - Handwriting...unless he incorporated this practice into his daily life, this is what his handwriting looks like. It was unique. Some of the letters he wrote very strange. Interestingly, my grandparents grew up in Indiana, and his handwriting reminds me of some of the samples I have seen of theirs. I am sure it is a coincidence, but strange nonetheless.

Great points!

A couple things I can clarify:

1 - We believe the car was repossessed by GMAC and taken to the auction by then. There is no way to confirm this, as the records have been destroyed.

2 - Hoven, SD was not a bank account, but a secured credit card that was obtained in 1993 or some point prior. I believe he had this card before he left. This was just discovered today.

3 - Handwriting...unless he incorporated this practice into his daily life, this is what his handwriting looks like. It was unique. Some of the letters he wrote very strange. Interestingly, my grandparents grew up in Indiana, and his handwriting reminds me of some of the samples I have seen of theirs. I am sure it is a coincidence, but strange nonetheless.
So what is the connection to Hoven, SD re. the credit card? It wasn't a bank account that was opened?!

So what is the connection to Hoven, SD re. the credit card? It wasn't a bank account that was opened?!
The credit card is from the Bank of Hoven.

Article from 1991:

Bank of Hoven in Hoven, S.D., is one of the nation’s biggest secured card merchants. The bank charges 21% on any credit balance outstanding for more than 25 days, as well as a $39 annual fee and a $69 application fee. If you go over your credit limit for more than 25 days, there’s an additional $15 “settlement” charge.

The credit card is from the Bank of Hoven.

Article from 1991:

Bank of Hoven in Hoven, S.D., is one of the nation’s biggest secured card merchants. The bank charges 21% on any credit balance outstanding for more than 25 days, as well as a $39 annual fee and a $69 application fee. If you go over your credit limit for more than 25 days, there’s an additional $15 “settlement” charge.
Interesting!

Last edited:
We believe the car was repossessed by GMAC and taken to the auction by then. There is no way to confirm this, as the records have been destroyed.

So I guess we'll never know how they repossessed it, from the side of the road, from an individual, an address, or a place of work. It's possible that GMAC did what no one else can and tracked this man down. If they had a different SS# on him then it's very possible.

Hoven, SD was not a bank account, but a secured credit card that was obtained in 1993 or some point prior. I believe he had this card before he left. This was just discovered today.

So I assume he wouldn't have actually had to go there?

Handwriting...unless he incorporated this practice into his daily life, this is what his handwriting looks like. It was unique. Some of the letters he wrote very strange. Interestingly, my grandparents grew up in Indiana, and his handwriting reminds me of some of the samples I have seen of theirs. I am sure it is a coincidence, but strange nonetheless.

I think it's likely that he did incorporate this practice into his daily life. JMO.

So I guess we'll never know how they repossessed it, from the side of the road, from an individual, an address, or a place of work. It's possible that GMAC did what no one else can and tracked this man down. If they had a different SS# on him then it's very possible.
I tracked down some Repo men from the 80s-90s and they all said there weren't any systems to help back then. The best you could do was get law enforcement to issue a BOLO, but basically, they used your known locations and associates to track you. DL is checking if the court records relating to the civil action again FPRH was ever subpoenaed. If not, he will try to get those records. It is a longshot, but there may be something about how the vehicle was located or even the second SSN.

So I assume he wouldn't have actually had to go there?
Nope. Back then you applied for credit cards either through the mail or by phone. He would have never visited Hoven.

I think it's likely that he did incorporate this practice into his daily life. JMO.
You may be interested in the handwriting samples. You can see his writing change over time. WhoIsPRH? - Updates

I tracked down some Repo men from the 80s-90s and they all said there weren't any systems to help back then. The best you could do was get law enforcement to issue a BOLO, but basically, they used your known locations and associates to track you. DL is checking if the court records relating to the civil action again FPRH was ever subpoenaed. If not, he will try to get those records. It is a longshot, but there may be something about how the vehicle was located or even the second SSN.

Nope. Back then you applied for credit cards either through the mail or by phone. He would have never visited Hoven.

You may be interested in the handwriting samples. You can see his writing change over time. WhoIsPRH? - Updates
Just FYI, Under Links, Timeline, if you scroll down to 1987. It says 'Paul Raymond Hammock' instead of Harrod. Just thought you might want to fix it is all.

Last edited:
This may have been mentioned before so I apologize if it has. I was searching for another mystery case and came across this.
"Missing Person, May 28, 1976, Campbell County, Wyoming: Paul R Hibbard, 25 at the time of disappearance, 70 at this time, was last seen on May 28, 1976 in Campbell County, Wyoming. He is reported to be a white male, approximately 5’10”, with brown eyes, black hair at the time of disappearance, and an appendix scar. Anyone with information or contact with Paul is requested to contact the Campbell County Sheriff’s Department at (307) 682-7271 or the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation at (307) 777-7181."
The ages are off but He lied about everything else so lying about age isn't that far fetched. The name is what caught my attention and the location. a drive down 25 to colorado. Could be nothing but it is worth a mention.

This may have been mentioned before so I apologize if it has. I was searching for another mystery case and came across this.
"Missing Person, May 28, 1976, Campbell County, Wyoming: Paul R Hibbard, 25 at the time of disappearance, 70 at this time, was last seen on May 28, 1976 in Campbell County, Wyoming. He is reported to be a white male, approximately 5’10”, with brown eyes, black hair at the time of disappearance, and an appendix scar. Anyone with information or contact with Paul is requested to contact the Campbell County Sheriff’s Department at (307) 682-7271 or the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation at (307) 777-7181."
The ages are off but He lied about everything else so lying about age isn't that far fetched. The name is what caught my attention and the location. a drive down 25 to colorado. Could be nothing but it is worth a mention.
I don’t know if it was mentioned before but it sounded really good! So I looked it up. Unfortunately, all indications (the amount of blood found in his truck) are that WY Paul is deceased.
Super interesting case regardless.

I don’t know if it was mentioned before but it sounded really good! So I looked it up. Unfortunately, all indications (the amount of blood found in his truck) are that WY Paul is deceased.
Super interesting case regardless.
Dang it I was hoping that it was something.

Although I don't see this guy as being fPRH for a number of reasons including least of all his height, I just came across that there is a thread here on WS for your prospect! Thought you would want a peek! :) WY - WY - Paul Robert Hibbard, 25, Gillette, 28 May 1976

Last edited:
If anyone wants to take a stab at figuring out the lower left date, this is when the Drivers License was issued in Indiana.
The top date is 02/07/42, the bottom right is 02/92 the expiration.
I'm trying to figure out when the Driver's License was issued 0X/XX/87

View attachment 413967
09/02/87? 5 years before exp. date? I'm not sure about the middle, first looks like 09.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back