CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychologist seems detached and overworked and inexperienced. JMO> Relys on her notes so much, I get the sense she was somewhat aloof in treating LS. Psychologist doesn't follow up on what LS tells her. Seems like she listens, takes a few notes, moves on to next inmate. I know it is difficult being a jail system psychologist. too many inmates, too little time and sometimes the psychologist is inexperienced. Just my opinion.

Jail psychologists spend little time with their incarcerated clients. They are there for emergencies and for initial assessment and management.

That's exactly what they do (take notes, often daily, then move on). That's the job of a jail psychologist - they do not do therapy with patients (that I've ever seen in any jail I've been in nor among any of the several jail psychologists I know).

Of course this witness is relying on her notes. She must see so many inmates every day, this was 3 years ago and Letecia was unremarkable because she is not legally insane. She saw her consistently over an important period of time and the lack of stand out memories of Letecia is, in this case, damning for the defence. IMO.

LS now claiming she saw demons in court, that she'd jumped over a cliff, and that sedatives were being aired through the vents.

Witness notes report that LS was coherent, goal directed in her comments, easily redirectable, and seeming to be feigning mental health symptoms.

Oct 30th.
Progress note. Ward deputy informed someone from the mental health team 'she's going to act out because she wants to be listed as crazy'.

Nov 17th.
LS reported self diagnosis of bipolar, 'multiple personalities', and PTSD. Witness said no overt symptoms of bipolar, DID or PTSD. LS reported knowing that her competency exam was coming up Nov 30th and that 'she was aware and she was smart'.

Jan 5th.
LS said she was 'triggered' by another patient who continues to bother her, is 'retriggered' when reminded about anything to do with sexual assault. Also claimed she had spent 90 days in a psych hospital in Canada. Reported sexual assault by multiple family members in childhood. Claims she only starts hallucinating when triggered by mentioned of sexual assault. LS also claimed she was 'brilliant' and that she will 'start going crazy because she's going stircrazy in her cell'. No change in diagnosis and treatment. No signs of PTSD. Explaining why jail isn't an appropriate place to treat PTSD or trauma. In her experience, people typically overreport, exaggerate or make up symptoms that lead to more desired outcomes in their court case. Her role at the jail was not to determine competency or sanity.

9th March, LS was 'irritable' due to still being on suicide prevention. There were times that LS would blurt out information relevant to the case, despite them deliberately not asking about those things due to not wanting to be caught up in the case.

LS said "I have control of my brain and I want to be an advocate for myself." "Mentally I'm fine, I'm not guilty, the truth will come out."

Witness encouraged her to not talk to anyone at the jail about her charges, only her attorney.

Usually these notes are private, the witness is only testifying because they are relevant.

They were lowering the level of her restriction the longer she was in because she was progressing normally.

12th March.
LS told the witness she had a photographic memory and was acutely aware of all the things she sees and hears.

13th March.
Thought content was appropriate. All appropriate functioning. No psychosis. No signs of mental illness. Would have noted any signs if she'd seen them.

15th March.
Notes from a nurse. Patient has a history of mental health concerns but denies any issues at this time. Consistent with existing reported history.

Missed the date.
Still all appropriate, normal.

20th March.
Checked in with her because Gannon's body was found. She told LS for the first time. LS a bit tearful, overwhelmed. Wanted to call her mother because she didn't have anyone to talk to. Upset she'd lost some time out of her cell earlier in the week. Witness offered herself as someone to talk to about her grief and well being (not charges). Witness never told her where Gannon's body was found. LS replied "Gannon's body was found in Florida? I was never in Florida."

BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Her reaction to hearing of Gannon's death was 'normal but limited'.

No evidence observed suggesting DID.
BBM
Ya bet she memorized everything. Acutely of what she sees and hears??
Yup! Always on the prowl of who she could use or abuse.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to bad link>

GAD does run in families, so there may be a genetic/epigenetic component. GAD does not mean constant worrying. But even if it did, not all of us do that. I used to. I don't any more.

Here's DSM on the symptoms (a person must have 5 of the following):

• Feeling restless, wound-up, or on-edge.
  • Being easily fatigued.
  • Having difficulty concentrating.
  • Being irritable.
  • Having headaches, muscle aches, stomachaches, or unexplained pains.
  • Difficulty controlling feelings of worry.
  • Having sleep problems, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep.

You can have GAD and not have that 6th symptom. You can have GAD and not have any two of these symptoms. It can be confused with ADD/ADHD and with CFS.

Since I claim I don't have it (but used to be a chronic worried), I would need 4 more symptoms from this list. I have sleep problems, for years. I never feel restless, wound-up or on edge. I am not easily fatigued. I have no difficulty concentrating. I have no unexplained pain. I am not irritable.

I do not have GAD (even with my past history of worrying - one symptom does NOT make something a psychiatric disorder).

IMO.

People who experience anxiety directly related to a real problem (child just diagnosed with serious illness; spouse up and ran away abruptly) do NOT have GAD, because it's SPECIFIC (and normal) to the person's situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until you hear the Defense's expert. I will bet a dozen donuts that her testimony will involve mostly the records of these other doctors and that she will not have "gotten to know" Letecia at all.

This witness is describing, play by play, how the defendant acted and was observed to act by a Clinical Psychologist with a doctorate and lots of varied experience. THe Doctor's job was to document all symptoms - and she did. There just aren't any major psychiatric symptoms to report.

And you don't have to know someone very long or very well to begin to make that call. LS could have some kind of episodic mental illness, but there is absolutely no evidence of it so far at this trial.

IMO.
We are going to have some good cross on this, I think

T doesn't do a very good job of acting like a human being.

She did an even worse job acting like an insane person.

She is a wiece of pork.

Jmo
I have to laugh at her attempt to run the same grift on psychologists as she did with the FBI agents. She’s too clueless to realize that she fools no one.

Letecia “Pinocchio” Stauch.

20th April, I think they said?
Reality based. Reported body jerks, nightmares. Reported that the transport incident was due to lack of sleep. Said being on the ward was bad to her due to lack of sleep. Said the female deputy was holding her gun in the wrong position on the transport and that she felt threatened. Witness says that her complaints were to get her moved out of the medical ward where there isn't constant daylight.

28th April.
Complained again about the light, this was consistent.

12th May.
"I can't talk to you any more because you'll be subpoenaed."

5th June.
Reported unintentionally hitting her head, trying to walk through the door because she thought she was at home, missing her daughter and her dogs, being in the jail and experiencing loss was exacerbating her traumatic stress. First mentions being molested. Also cites being traumatised by loss of husband, loss of son, loss of another family member. This was all unprompted. Now wants to go BACK to the medical ward. Was going to go to be evaluated for competencies at the state hospital. Reported that it was too hard to handle all the stressors at one time. Talked about a hiking trip, how she ususally took a handgun with her and didn't. 'Wrong place wrong time.' There's a lot here, and I'm missing things. Something about wishing Gannon could come back to life?
BBM
Um ya...when I have sleepless night I go about clocking others with a full monster cans and attacking them.
Hahahahaha!!!!!!

Wait until you hear the Defense's expert. I will bet a dozen donuts that her testimony will involve mostly the records of these other doctors and that she will not have "gotten to know" Letecia at all.

This witness is describing, play by play, how the defendant acted and was observed to act by a Clinical Psychologist with a doctorate and lots of varied experience. THe Doctor's job was to document all symptoms - and she did. There just aren't any major psychiatric symptoms to report.

And you don't have to know someone very long or very well to begin to make that call. LS could have some kind of episodic mental illness, but there is absolutely no evidence of it so far at this trial.

IMO.

I have mixed reviews on Dr. Mohr as a witness.

Part of me wants to applaud how LS did not seem to be a memorable inmate she observed and/or evaluated, but I also wish she was better prepared for Court about her own notes.

However, given the global pandemic that followed LS's incarceration, I imagine Dr. Mohr's schedule at the EPJ became very taxing.

Noting Dr. Mohr relocated to Kansas in mid-2021 -- her experience with LS was limited and/or not current. JMO

Psychologist seems detached and weary/overworked and inexperienced. JMO> Relys on her notes so much, I get the sense she was somewhat aloof in treating LS. Psychologist doesn't follow up on what LS tells her. Seems like she listens, takes a few notes, moves on to next inmate. I know it is difficult being a jail system psychologist. Too many inmates, too little time and sometimes the psychologist is inexperienced. Just my opinion.
I’m afraid the defense is going to rip her apart, hope I’m wrong.

LS is listening to Dr. Mohr discuss how Letecia was unsure if she should start medication then or wait. Talk now about how she was sorry how she acted when Gannon was missing and regrets how she acted then. Next thing I'm hearing is something about a law suit that Letecia thinks will make her rich because her medical needs were not met.
View attachment 417143
View attachment 417144...View attachment 417145
View attachment 417146
View attachment 417147
BBM
If she was free, she is one of those women thst should Never be rich and have any power over anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member