VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Torres and Dr. Grey asked if they could talk to Maria. “We saw how that happened on Wednesday. It was magic according to Dr. Lewis,” said Dr. Young. Dr. Torres and Dr. Grey said Stauch has a personality with borderline and narcissistic features.

Young talked about how Dr. Lewis testified, “She’s acting… You have to look at her demeanor and manor while testifying. She wouldn’t answer any of my questions because she didn’t want you to know the answers… She shows up to court late. Talk about narcissistic tendencies.”

Young continued to talk about Dr. Lewis and asked, “Are they going to do a documentary if she says she’s sane? I think it speaks for itself how she testified.”

Young said, “Dr Lewis, she didn’t know the legal definition of insanity in the state of Colorado ladies and gentleman. The whole reason she came into testify.”

The video that’s been played for jurors several times as Gannon is asking about his burns, is played again for the jurors. Young asked, “Why did she videotape this? Do you think it was about Gannon’s burns?”

Not same day in my state. Judge or jury it matters not. Sentencing hearings usually take place after the jury has gone home and the trial has ended. Hearing would include testimony about any mitigators. I imagine with all LS' many "mitigators" that could take several hours in and of itself :rolleyes:. and then there are the victim impact statements, etc. I truly doubt we would see this all wrapped up in a neat bow same day.
For Sentencing phase, I believe LS has zero mitigators, but dozens of aggravators.
moo

Young talking about credibility of Defenses' witness Dr. Lewis: "Money is a strong motivator, having shows on HBO is a strong motivator, having your son in the room filming is a motivator.”

Young: "Dr. Lewis, she didn't know the legal definition of insanity in the state of Colorado ladies and gentleman, the whole reason she came in to testify.”

Watching videos now as Young says he wasn't to show Letecia's demeanor "before, during and after"

We are watching the video where Gannon is heard crying about dropping the candle and burning carpet. The word "Manipulation" is displayed on the screen and Gannon's words "I'm just worried about my burns.”

Young points out Letecia stops recording after Gannon says "I'm just worried about my burns." He asks the jury if stopping the recording then shows "judgement and reflection.”

On morning of alleged murder, Young says she takes picture of Gannon in bed and sends it to Al. Young: "Do you think she wants to prove he's still alive because of how much hydrocodone she gave him?”

Leaving her phone at home, before she and Gannon left the house Young: "Do you think that's an indication she knew what she was doing?"

Young asks what Letecia was doing taking a "sick kid" out to go shopping for dog clothes on day of alleged murder, calling it "narcissistic tendencies”

Young said, the next morning, Stauch texted her assistant principal saying her step father was killed. “Could it possibly mean she knew what she was going to do? Because shortly after that, she calls Gannon’s school and says he’s not coming in. And then texts Al.”

Young said then she takes a picture of Gannon in bed. “Why did she take a picture of Gannon in his bed in his bedroom and then text it to Al?… 'Look Gannon’s alive. He’s here, he’s sick, he’s in bed.’”

Young asked, “You think he might be lethargic from the hydrocodone? You think she wants to prove he’s still alive because she knew how much hydrocodone she gave him?”

Young asked, “Do you think it’s that far fetched she knows Gannon had been poisoned and she knows something might happen to Gannon?”

Young asked, “How could she do this? How could she talk to Gannon’s father like nothing happened? Is that traits of an antisocial personality order? The fact you can be so cold and callous and act like nothing happened. And she does it through the whole day. You guys know that.”

Young is talking about how Letecia put Gannon’s body in the back of her Tiguan, then dropped it off at the airport, and rented another vehicle. Then Letecia picked Al up. Young said Letecia returned to the airport, presumably to check on the Tiguan with Gannon’s body in it.

Young: "How can she do this, how can she talk to Gannon's father like nothing happened. Is that traits of an antisocial personality disorder that you can have no sympathy?”

Young says Letecia and Gannon's body leave for the airport. "She's made the decision to rent a car before even leaving the house. Is that evidence of psychosis or that she's thinking things through?”

Young brings up critical point in this case when Al realizes Letecia's car is not where she said it was. That's when he realizes his wife may have done something to his son and tells police that.

Young says texts from Letecia to her daughter Harley, telling her not to talk to police, etc. show she's manipulating.

Shame on Dr Lewis. She should be censured and fined by whatever board, association or higher power she answers to. I have very strong feelings about the damage she is causing within legal medical community.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member