Poor Senator Craig...

I heard on Fox that eight men have come forward saying that they either had sex with the senator or that they were propositioned by him. It was probably a misunderstanding because he does have a wide foot stance, you know. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, is his wife going to continue to bury her head in the sand? That's assuming that she doesn't know.

His wife has bigger problems if her husband digs anonymous sex in mens rooms...:(

His wife has bigger problems if her husband digs anonymous sex in mens rooms...:(
Sounds like he practices safe safe... :rolleyes:

I believe that he is gay not bisexual. He married to cover up his homosexuality. I wonder if he actually has normal "relations" with his wife. If he does, she may not know.

I agree that it is really hypocritical, especially if he is voting against gay rights.

Has he retired? What is the status?

Sounds like he practices safe safe... :rolleyes:

I believe that he is gay not bisexual. He married to cover up his homosexuality. I wonder if he actually has normal "relations" with his wife. If he does, she may not know.

I agree that it is really hypocritical, especially if he is voting against gay rights.

Has he retired? What is the status?

He's still in office, Nan. He says he's not running for re-election, though.

I heard on Fox that eight men have come forward saying that they either had sex with the senator or that they were propositioned by him. It was probably a misunderstanding because he does have a wide foot stance, you know. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, is his wife going to continue to bury her head in the sand? That's assuming that she doesn't know.

THe "wide stance" might be misconstrued, but the BJ is another matter.:cool:

THe "wide stance" might be misconstrued, but the BJ is another matter.:cool:

The male prostitute's story might be easier for Larry and Suzanne to dismiss than the others. Greg Ruth's story was pretty believable to me. It's pretty disgusting the way that he was essentially "dismissed" by Larry Craig afterward. :eek:

There was a common denominator in the stories- Larry Craig didn't like to "get naked".

I always think in cases like this that there must be many more stories that we'll never hear about.

The male prostitute's story might be easier for Larry and Suzanne to dismiss than the others. Greg Ruth's story was pretty believable to me. It's pretty disgusting the way that he was essentially "dismissed" by Larry Craig afterward. :eek:

There was a common denominator in the stories- Larry Craig didn't like to "get naked".

I always think in cases like this that there must be many more stories that we'll never hear about.

You can count on it.

While I get a cheap thrill when a spotlight gets thrown on a hypocrite, I am sad that anyone is so ashamed of his/her sexuality that they have to go to such lengths to run from it.

Sadly it all makes perfect sense. Dude, protested much too loudly. If he didn't want to be outted he should have had more discretion. Hypocrital to the nth degree. What the wife going to say? Maybe go on Oprah like McGreevey's wife?

--lol--I think the funniest one was the Boise Guy at the Denver airport stall when he was alarmed to see a hand, palm up, creeping up the divider--The guy just got up and left, but if that happened to me, I would have taken my shoe and smashed Craig's hand with it lol

Now THAT would have been hilarious-how would he have spun that injury do you suppose??? As an aside, I agree completely with the poster who indicated that it is very sad that someone is going to such lengths to hide his sexuality. I agree that he is probably gay and he might actually feel much better if he just outed himself and shed his fake image! He married his wife late in his career, right? Around 1990 and she already had children, so perhaps she was in on the deal from the beginning. No offense to Michael Jackson fans, but kind of along the lines of those marriages of his. :waitasec:

If he hates that part of himself that craves same sex activities, he will express that hate outwardly. It's not surprising.

I feel embarassed for the guy and I'm sure his wife was hurt. It's too bad he couldn't have been honest with her, and perhaps had permission to act out on his fantasies.

If he hates that part of himself that craves same sex activities, he will express that hate outwardly. It's not surprising.

I feel embarassed for the guy and I'm sure his wife was hurt. It's too bad he couldn't have been honest with her, and perhaps had permission to act out on his fantasies.
Act out his fantasies??!! :waitasec: He wouldn't be acting out homosexual fantasies with me if I were his wife! :eek:

Act out his fantasies??!! :waitasec: He wouldn't be acting out homosexual fantasies with me if I were his wife! :eek:

No, I mean, I've known some men who have admitted to thinking about what it would be like to be with another man... but not wanting to "be gay". Just as a side kink. Their wives let them go "experiment".

It isn't for everyone, but if I care about someone, I'm not going to force them to conform to only what interests me and pretend their feelings don't matter.

No, I mean, I've known some men who have admitted to thinking about what it would be like to be with another man... but not wanting to "be gay". Just as a side kink. Their wives let them go "experiment".

It isn't for everyone, but if I care about someone, I'm not going to force them to conform to only what interests me and pretend their feelings don't matter.

I can't be that openminded.

How about gay men NOT marrying and carrying on that charade? I just think it's a cruel game to play with their wives and children...(McGreevey comes to mind for me).

I guess that I am just too traditional to allow my husband to act out this type of experimentation. I am totally against allowing anyone into my bedroom (so to speak) except the two of us. I consider marriage between two people to be sacred. Introducing anyone else will only cause problems.

If I discovered that my husband were gay or had an interest in men, I couldn't get past it. If the urge were so strong that he revealed this desire to me, it would tell me that it was a very strong urge. I'd have to get out of the marriage.

My husband knew how I was before he married me. I didn't hide my way of thinking. If he wanted someone wilder or with a more open way of thinking, he should have married someone else because I made it very clear that I wasn't going to change my viewpoint.

You always hear people who want to rationalize their behavior with, "This is 2000's. You're living like it's the '50's..." I don't care what it is. I don't care if I am the only person in the world that is still thinking like the '50's. It worked for me my entire life. I've never had a shortage of men interested in me. Even if I did, I would not compromise my beliefs.

The end. :)

...How about gay men NOT marrying and carrying on that charade? I just think it's a cruel game to play with their wives and children...(McGreevey comes to mind for me).
I had a coworker who married a really good-looking guy. She was not the best catch on the block (a little overweight and needy, IMO). She seemed to mother him and do everything for him. I think that she was the one with the good job. He may have been going to school.

Anyway, after the birth of their second child, he told her that he was gay. I think that he even told her this while she was still in the hospital. Of course, she was devastated and divorced him. Did this guy marry her because he wanted her to support him through school? Why did he have children with her? I could never understand why someone would do something like this.

There was another coworker (guy) who was openly gay. He at first tried to marry and have a conventional life. He divorced his wife and suddenly came out. He acted just like the stereotypical gay guy. It was really weird to see a guy that acted like he was heterosexual change totally. They didn't have any children. So, that was a good thing.

This guy said that people are not bisexual. They are one way or the other. He said that guys that say they are bisexual are just denying that they are really gay. I kind of believe him. People probably are one way or the other, not both.

I guess that I am just too traditional to agree for my husband to act out this type of experimentation. I am totally against allowing anyone into my bedroom (so to speak) except the two of us. I consider marriage between two people to be sacred. Introducing anyone else will only cause problems.

If I discovered that my husband was gay or had an interest in men, I couldn't get past it. If the urge were so strong that he revealed this desire to me, it would tell me that it was a very strong urge. I'd have to get out of the marriage.

My husband knew how I was before he married me. I didn't hide my way of thinking. If he wanted someone wilder or with a more open way of thinking, he should have married someone else because I made it very clear that I wasn't going to change my viewpoint.

You always hear people who want to rationalize their behavior with, "This is 2000's. You're living like it's the '50's..." I don't care what it is. I don't care if I am the only person in the world that is still thinking like the '50's. It worked for me my entire life. I've never had a shortage of men interested in me. Even if I did, I would not compromise my beliefs.

The end. :)

You are just as entitled to your point of view and to stick with it-I think the operative theme here is communication. You stated how you wanted it to be up front, your husband agreed and there you go. I think that honesty is important. The bait and switch aspect of relationships is what makes marriages fail so easily now that divorce is so acceptable. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back