Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick Missing After Australian SIC Raid - Sydney (NSW) - Nov 2020 #9

She’s even made the news over here in Croatia, with this headline reading “The drama began when they found her foot. The fraudster stole millions and afterwards all trace of her was lost.”
That foot!!!! that damned foot!! with the shoe!! .. Things might have gone a bit smoother if it wasn't for that foot!! It has an element of the cosmic joke about it.

228. DS Kyneur initiated a CCTV canvass on the afternoon of Friday 13
November 2020. He instructed Detective Senior Constable Bellemore to
carry out enquiries for CCTV footage along what he assessed to be the most direct route from Ms Caddick’s house to Rodney Reserve and its adjacent cliff line. This encompassed Wallangra Road and its adjoining streets of Lyons Street and Dover Road.
229. Unfortunately SC Bellemore understood that he was being instructed to search along Wallangra Road between Lyons Street and Dover Road. The result was that by Monday 16 November 2020, with the exception of two particular addresses, the only houses that had been canvassed were those along Wallangra Road.
. . .
233. I have noted that one of DS Foscholo’s first tasks on being appointed as OIC was to significantly expand the scope of the canvass area. At his direction this work continued until early December 2020, resulting in 178 properties being visited. Unfortunately however, footage from five locations had in the meantime been lost, due to householders unwittingly recording over it.

Interesting that Mr Koletti was out of the house so early that morning?

283. In this statement Mr Koletti recounted that he had woken at 7.00am on 12 November 2020 to find Ms Caddick had gone. Confusingly however, at another part of the statement he identified himself in CCTV footage, which depicted a man getting back into a car at 6.55am some three or four streets away from their home. Mr Koletti explained that he had been out looking for Ms Caddick, before taking Witness B to school.

Interesting that Mr Koletti was out of the house so early that morning?

283. In this statement Mr Koletti recounted that he had woken at 7.00am on 12 November 2020 to find Ms Caddick had gone. Confusingly however, at another part of the statement he identified himself in CCTV footage, which depicted a man getting back into a car at 6.55am some three or four streets away from their home. Mr Koletti explained that he had been out looking for Ms Caddick, before taking Witness B to school.
The only question left to ask in this case IMO - has AK duped everyone? A bit like Verbal/Kevin Spacey in Usual Suspects?

Question about Sydney traffic. If you lived in Dover Heights and you wanted to be comfortably on time for an appointment in the city at 10am, what time would you leave home?

99. At approximately 6.49pm on 11 November 2020 Ms Caddick rang legal firm Armstrong Legal, and made an appointment to see a criminal lawyer in their city office at 10.00am the following morning. She then paid an online deposit for the appointment. According to the firm’s file note, Ms Caddick was seeking urgent advice and representation regarding a ‘raid’ and an ASIC order that she attend and supply documents in the Federal Court on 13 November 2020.

Question about Sydney traffic. If you lived in Dover Heights and you wanted to be comfortably on time for an appointment in the city at 10am, what time would you leave home?

99. At approximately 6.49pm on 11 November 2020 Ms Caddick rang legal firm Armstrong Legal, and made an appointment to see a criminal lawyer in their city office at 10.00am the following morning. She then paid an online deposit for the appointment. According to the firm’s file note, Ms Caddick was seeking urgent advice and representation regarding a ‘raid’ and an ASIC order that she attend and supply documents in the Federal Court on 13 November 2020.

So, instead of going to see the lawyers at 10am Melissa decided to jump off a cliff in the early morning hours? Before she even found out how hopeless/not hopeless her case was? Hmmm.

Google says that right now (lunchtime), the car trip from Dover Heights to Armstrong Legal in Goulburn Street takes 19 mins. Plus time for parking and walking to the legal offices.

So, instead of going to see the lawyers at 10am Melissa decided to jump off a cliff in the early morning hours? Before she even found out how hopeless/not hopeless her case was? Hmmm.

Google says that right now (lunchtime), the car trip from Dover Heights to Armstrong Legal in Goulburn Street takes 19 mins. Plus time for parking and walking to the legal offices.
And also, her son thought he heard her making his school lunch. It isn't mentioned whether the lunch was found made or not. I am guessing that if the lunch hadn't been made this would have been mentioned as disconfirming his assumption.

337. Witness B’s evidence is that he last saw his mother at around 8.30pm or 9.00pm on the night of 11 November 2020, when she said goodnight to him. He did not see Ms Caddick the next morning; nor did he hear her voice. While he was upstairs in the home gym he assumed that sounds he could hear in the kitchen downstairs were those of his mother, because she usually prepared his school lunch at that time. It was this which led him to assume that it was she who left the house shortly afterwards, when he heard the front door open and shut.
338. There is no suggestion that Witness B was not giving a truthful account to the police and to the court about this. However the fact that he neither saw his mother nor heard her voice that morning reduces the cogency of his evidence on this question.
339. In light of the above, I do not consider there is sufficient reliable evidence to find as a fact that Ms Caddick departed the house at around 6.00am on 12 November 2020.

Basically, it's down to, 'did she fall or was she pushed' off the cliff. Only the sharks know, really. And only if they were looking up instead of down. There is no doubt in my mind that Melissa made some first class -high octane -force 10 enemies, out of ordinary people who were betrayed and robbed with malicious intent, no other way of putting it.. It was malicious , Melissa's way of doing 'business'. Awful things happen to people who are treated like this, and it is on the record that quite a few of them knew they had been dudded, over many years , by Melissa. So motive is not hard to find, really. Motivation is another thing, opportunity a whole other thing, and method, yet another factor.

Lots of similar criminals strut round Sydney, free as birds , owing multiple millions to poor pensioners and widows, with nary a frown on their botoxed foreheads, very few take the off the cliff option. Rene Rivkin comes to mind, among the very very few who did. Although, he did it in the comfort of his mother's Milson's Point apartment. ...Not hurling from a height into unknown cold waters, hoping to miss the rocks, and other things underwater..

So it does happen, and maybe Melissa did have a Damascus Road experience that morning. To paraphrase Colonel Nichols in closing moment of the film, The Bridge on the River Kwai... ' what have I done? '...... Perhaps. Improbable, but not impossible.
I always thought someone she screwed over had a hand in it.

Unfortunately SC Bellemore understood that he was being instructed to search along Wallangra Road between Lyons Street and Dover Road. The result was that by Monday 16 November 2020, with the exception of two particular addresses, the only houses that had been canvassed were those along Wallangra Road.

And all along we've been told that police couldn't find any CCTV footage of her, and we wondered why.

It takes an Inquest to reveal the reason: the Keystone Kops were on the job.

Her house had been raided, she'd been served a summons, she ran a Ponzi scheme. She knew she was screwed.

Re cliff: Recall that she'd reportedly told a friend that she would jump off The Gap "if it all became too much" (Source: Liar, Liar podcast, IIRC)

"The Gap is an ocean cliff at South Head in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, Australia. The area, which faces the Tasman Sea, is located in the suburb of Watsons Bay. Although the cliff is a popular tourist destination, it has an infamy for suicides." -- Wiki

Guess what? I was talking about this case to my girlfriend yesterday. She then told me that Koletti is her hairdresser and he is excellent. He returned to hairdressing last year after finally securing a position as a senior stylist at The Hair Angel in Balmain, in Sydney's inner west.

And also, her son thought he heard her making his school lunch. It isn't mentioned whether the lunch was found made or not. I am guessing that if the lunch hadn't been made this would have been mentioned as disconfirming his assumption.

337. Witness B’s evidence is that he last saw his mother at around 8.30pm or 9.00pm on the night of 11 November 2020, when she said goodnight to him. He did not see Ms Caddick the next morning; nor did he hear her voice. While he was upstairs in the home gym he assumed that sounds he could hear in the kitchen downstairs were those of his mother, because she usually prepared his school lunch at that time. It was this which led him to assume that it was she who left the house shortly afterwards, when he heard the front door open and shut.
338. There is no suggestion that Witness B was not giving a truthful account to the police and to the court about this. However the fact that he neither saw his mother nor heard her voice that morning reduces the cogency of his evidence on this question.
339. In light of the above, I do not consider there is sufficient reliable evidence to find as a fact that Ms Caddick departed the house at around 6.00am on 12 November 2020.

So, according to the Findings (just getting to read them in more detail now) .....

Melissa called Armstrong Legal at 6:49pm on the 11th. Made urgent appt for 10am on 12th (next day).
Melissa then sent an email to her physiotherapist cancelling her appt on the 12th.

Son last saw Melissa at about 8:30 or 9pm on the 11th.
He thought he heard normal lunch-making activity in the kitchen. and then the front door close ... at some point in the morning, while he was in the upstairs gym.
He then went to school that day (12th).

AK last saw Melissa at 9:30pm when they went to bed together. He woke up at 6am and she was gone.
OR
AK last saw Melissa (sleeping) at about 4am on the 12th, when he went to the bathroom.
AK woke to hear the front door closing at about 5:30 or 6am.
OR
AK stayed up all night making music, and last saw Melissa when he hopped into bed and gave her a cuddle at 4am.
OR
AK went to bed with Melissa at 9:30pm, got up at midnight to sleep on the couch, went back to bed at 4am where Melissa was asleep
OR
AK woke up about 7am and Melissa was gone.

AK is seen on CCTV getting back into his car at 6:55am, about 3 or 4 streets away from home.

Coroner does not feel that there is enough evidence to say that Melissa left the house at 6am.

Last edited:
So, according to the Findings (just getting to read them in more detail now) .....

Melissa called Armstrong Legal at 6:49pm on the 11th. Made urgent appt for 10am on 12th (next day).
Melissa then sent an email to her physiotherapist cancelling her appt on the 12th.

He thought he heard normal lunch-making activity in the kitchen. and then the front door close ... at some point in the morning, while he was in the upstairs gym.

AK last saw Melissa at 9:30pm when they went to bed together. He woke up at 6am and she was gone.
OR
AK last saw Melissa (sleeping) at about 4am on the 12th, when he went to the bathroom.
OR
AK stayed up all night making music, and last saw Melissa when he hopped into bed and gave her a cuddle at 4am.
OR
AK went to bed with Melissa at 9:30pm, got up at midnight to sleep on the couch, went back to bed at 4am where Melissa was asleep
OR

AK is seen on CCTV getting back into his car at 6:55am, about 3 or 4 streets away from home.

Coroner does not feel that there is enough evidence to say that Melissa left the house at 6am.
I trust the cctv version, rather than his multiple versions of events. I wonder where he was when he got back into his car and did it not capture him getting there and which direction/place he went?

I trust the cctv version, rather than his multiple versions of events. I wonder where he was when he got back into his car and did it not capture him getting there and which direction/place he went?
My guess is that he did have an interrupted night, up and down smoking cigarettes, and by morning they were all gone and he went to buy more. I find it hard to believe he was searching for Melissa already.

Holy **** I think someone got away with murder.

If Melissa was a narcissist then it seems to me she would have left a suicide note blaming someone else for the mess she was leaving behind.

At that point only a couple of people knew her ponzi set-up was about to collapse, correct? Well maybe there was a tip off during the day of the raid. I am really sorry for her victims. Her brother needs therapy.

If Melissa was a narcissist then it seems to me she would have left a suicide note blaming someone else for the mess she was leaving behind.

Not necessarily. Narcissists, like psychopaths, need to control the narrative. Leaving no note fits with that, IMO.

Also, I gather that there are degrees of narcissism. At some level, she knew that she was entirely responsible for her actions and narcissists cannot bear being shamed.

I think it is possible that Melissa left the house at 4am. Because AK refers to 4am several times in his ever-changing story. There is something about that time that sticks in his mind.

If Melissa did decide, overnight, to jump from the cliffs, she had a better chance of not being seen at 4am than at 6am when the walkers and joggers would have been out there.

Anything that happened to Melissa (suicide, murder, running away) would have been better done at 4am. Because, as we have seen, no witnesses.

If she was still home at 6am, I can't see why she wouldn't want to stay for an extra hour (see her son before he left for Cranbrook School - which was said to be around 7:05am on the day of the search, so that may be the usual time AK took him to school).
Every witness at the inquest said Melissa loved her son dearly - yet she didn't pop in to see him while he was in the upstairs gym. Her son didn't see her or hear her voice at all that morning.

334. However as I have found, Mr Koletti’s evidence regarding the events of 11 to 13 November 2020 is wholly unreliable and ought not to be accepted as the truth without independent corroboration.

Last edited:

OR
OR
OR
OR

I think you are onto something SouthAussie.

The 4 am is in AK's version - appears to be the only truth part of the events.

It would makes sense that both could not sleep well after what had happened earlier that day.

AK and his vehicle at 6.55 am on CCTV seems to also support that they both went out of the house before 6 am. Maybe she thought the house was bugged???

I feel it was AK making the lunch in the kitchen that the son heard and not M.

AK making music all night is that code for sex (laughing face).

So the rational M made a lawyers appointment early in the afternoon for the next day and cancelled physiotherapist appointment. Makes sense. Then after some sleep the irrational M saw a hopeless situation?? possible.

Why was AK outside early morning as well?? buying smokes - has been suggested is plausible but did they leave together??? MOO

Several months after Ms Caddick went missing, Mr Koletti made serious allegations Ms Caddick had been mistreated during the ASIC raid and “died as a direct result of ASIC’s negligence, cruelty and inhumanity.”

Mr Koletti conceded during his evidence that he made his wife several coffees, they on occasions smoked cigarettes in their backyard and she drank a protein shake during the raid.

“We weren’t denied anything,” Mr Koletti said in his evidence.

(pay-walled)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong