Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH YES there are so many arms to this octopus he has created that I have noticed for every one name of a person or place he attaches himself to, there are at least 4 avenues one could go down. He does his homework that's for sure. All part of his gameplan to keep the wolves from the door I'd say.

I have been following a name that I found a while ago now and couldn't work out if it was linked to him or not, Until I was reading an article on the above name R.V. and that name linked into my other research on K.H., as above.

Then a common denominator of these two linked me to Rivkin. Rivkin had many associates because of his corrupt dealings, just like the names above. All linked to the same corruption. Off shore money laundering, ponzie schemes etc etc, included in this is another associate which has been discussed before = Featherstone - involved with a myriad of boiler room pyramid schemes, dodgy gambling syndicates, predictive software scams and other "investments", stealing millions of dollar from the gullible and linked to The Benhayons.

All of them in some sort of safety blanket thanks to friends high up in the food chain.
One other associate of Rivkin was a man named Obeid. He was another corrupt politician. I think @MrsWattle and I may have gone down this rabbit hole before
It is a full circle all the way back to Passy - Obeids family mansion on Hunters Hill

The walks are close to where the Walkers had properties

There is a lot to unpack with these men. But they are all linked, and there are a few other players that need an airing.
I am unsure if this will be taken down so best to make a few notes

For now I am still staying with Old Passy is linked to all of the above.

Last edited:
AKA's Passy is supposed to be in Queensland though right- not Sydney?
The only thing connecting Passy to QLD is AH himself. His own words written on a document.

So far his documents have proven lies. Not about to trust him now lol

He ISNT going to give the authorities his REAL addresses...... he is a crook

I think we have 3 Passy's so far

Belgium
QLD
Sydney

I'm staying with Sydney

The only thing connecting Passy to QLD is AH himself. His own words written on a document.

So far his documents have proven lies. Not about to trust him now lol

He ISNT going to give the authorities his REAL addresses...... he is a crook

I think we have 3 Passy's so far

Belgium
QLD
Sydney

I'm staying with Sydney
IMO AKA is a bowerbird who collects snippets and puts them together in new combinations.
In addition, Passy is a famous arrondissement (16th) in Paris where Benjamin Franklin stayed.
AKA is arrested in March 1977 carrying a die marked Ye Olde Passy.
The interesting question is how and for what reason he comes up with linking it to Tamborine area? Even if the address doesn’t exist, what is his connection with Tamborine(**)? Horse breeding? Drugs? Known nefarious histories around there. IMO AKA doesn’t just pluck places out of thin air…there is always some sort of backstory or connection.

EDIT: ** as opposed to Mt Tamborine
Post in thread 'Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10'
Australia - Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

Last edited:
IMO AKA is a bowerbird who collects snippets and puts them together in new combinations.
In addition, Passy is a famous arrondissement (16th) in Paris where Benjamin Franklin stayed.
The interesting question is how and for what reason he comes up with linking it to Tamborine area? Even if the address doesn’t exist, what is his connection with Tamborine(**)? Horse breeding? Drugs? Known nefarious histories around there. IMO AKA doesn’t just pluck places out of thin air…there is always some sort of backstory or connection.

Post in thread 'Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10'
Australia - Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10
And… »Benjamin Franklin established a small printing press in his lodgings to print pamphlets and other material as part of his mandate to maintain French support for the revolution. He called it the Passy Press.
Among his printing projects, he produced comics he called Bagatelles[2] and passports »
(sorry, couldn’t lay my hands on my original notes on this for the previous post)

Yes

Said the same thing above.
He builds bridges to connect different stories that way he hides and keeps his tracks covered

Yes the Franklin link has been up before, maybe you?

Passy is also connected DCOD

So many avenues explored, to explore,.

Like everything else in his game plan

His whole life a guessing game....just how he orchestrated it.

I was reading about old salt Rene Rivkin again today. For those that havent heard of him, he was a Chinese-born Australian entrepreneur, investor, investment adviser and stockbroker. Born in 1944 in what was then Japanese -occupied China to Russian Jewish parents.
He was convicted of insider trading in 2003 and died in 2005.

The Aussies here might remember the 1993 fire that destroyed a Sydney printing plant owned by the company Offset Alpine Printing Ltd. Old Rivkin was a shonky businessman who also had connections to Politicians and power players - so he was pretty much untouchable - just like someone else we know.
He was the Chairman and main investor of Offset Alpine which had been insured at replacement value ($53.2 million) way above the purchase price and the share prices skyrocketed. The fire was blamed on a staff barbecue, but suspicions of arson have persisted all these years. He owned so many businesses and stockbroking firms.
After he died a global investigation was launched to ascertain the location of funds associated with his estate.
Investigations found he had been trading in secret through complex offshore dealings, despite being banned, and led to the ATO claiming A$18 million in unpaid taxes and penalties.
A Swiss bank refused to disclose the details of Rivkin's financial records and the Swiss authorities refused to take action against the bank. An amount of $A11 million that was held in Swiss bank accounts remains outstanding upon the closure of the investigation in April 2013.

These people know the way to hidden coin.

Rivkin had many associates and business partners, two of which are really interesting to me atm in relation to this case,
one man was named Ken Hawkins and the other is Richard Vereker. (In 1993 Vereker owned a Sydney meat production business Trendall Pty Ltd).... Anyone heard of them......???
OH YES there are so many arms to this octopus he has created that I have noticed for every one name of a person or place he attaches himself to, there are at least 4 avenues one could go down. He does his homework that's for sure. All part of his gameplan to keep the wolves from the door I'd say.

I have been following a name that I found a while ago now and couldn't work out if it was linked to him or not, Until I was reading an article on the above name R.V. and that name linked into my other research on K.H., as above.

Then a common denominator of these two linked me to Rivkin. Rivkin had many associates because of his corrupt dealings, just like the names above. All linked to the same corruption. Off shore money laundering, ponzie schemes etc etc, included in this is another associate which has been discussed before = Featherstone - involved with a myriad of boiler room pyramid schemes, dodgy gambling syndicates, predictive software scams and other "investments", stealing millions of dollar from the gullible and linked to The Benhayons.

All of them in some sort of safety blanket thanks to friends high up in the food chain.
One other associate of Rivkin was a man named Obeid. He was another corrupt politician. I think @MrsWattle and I may have gone down this rabbit hole before
It is a full circle all the way back to Passy - Obeids family mansion on Hunters Hill

There is a lot to unpack with these men. But they are all linked, and there are a few other players that need an airing.

Thought I would keep going on this

If you search any of the names above and in here, you will find the bigger picture with other names connected to them all but basically it was a rort that came to a head when some of the people involved were caught. Some were never held accountable because Solicitors, detectives, politicians, some of Aust top Racing Trainers, Celebrities etc etc were all connected to these criminals, either by buying into what they thought was a legit company/ companies or otherwise.

Another past business partner of convicted insider trader Rene Rivkin was "Richard" Vereker.

I will start with Vereker - the name associated to the family @Lord Peter Flimsy researched - the Mottynsden Oast clan who won't be called into the investigation into MB and AH - how are they related - RV wife is written in newspapers as 'visiting' the UK

@MrsWattle found a link to him and his association to all the players above -

I wont get into the full stories of them all as they are a powerhouse so just being careful - look it all up....
- these are the big boys and IMO, AH is one of the little boys - as he said to Monique "big toddlers are kings in small puddles" - HE MIGHT BE A FOOT SOLDIER ;)

RV - a former butcher, bookmaker, and Wollongong businessman and failed hotelier with his socialite wife and corrupt son - scroll down:

When his meat company went into liquidation in 1993, owing more than a million dollars RV fled overseas where he started selling meat pies in Hungary...... INTERSTING PLACE TO RUN TO......front for money laundering
''Investigators have discovered RV had a gambling history and that's the other reason why he's not going to return to this country.''

SEE ATTACHMENT

There is more on the V family in connection to a fake gallery but I will just keep on this trail with the business partners of old salt Rivkin so it doesnt get confusing, its like a spiders web!!!

Shonky Broker R Rivkin had his hand in another pie with a group who also had invested interests from the same high flyers as above - the racing industry is a huge part in this.
And this company was Spedley merchant banking group and Spedley Securities Ltd - There are dozens of articles about it all if you do a search.

Yuills was an "old boy" of another merchant bank, Martin Corporation, now CIBC Australia Ltd, working there in the early 1970s.

Spedley's co-founder, Ken Hawkins, the former head of the failed Rothwells merchant bank

Meet Ken Hawkins - who seemed to have the same address as AH Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach

and

Meet "Willie West" , "William West", "Theordore Willie West" - and possibly Willie Phillips

Willie West of stockbroking firm Potts West Trumbull also worked at Martin Corp and his Sydney-based partner, Brent Potts, did work for Spedley after being introduced to Yuill via his good mate Rene Rivkin.

https://download.asic.gov.au/media/1347188/spedley.pdf - CHAPTER 6 - CHELSEA PROPERTY
Bisley Investment Corporation Limited From 1979, Bisley Investment became involved in finance, investment and property development. Its subsidiaries included Bisley Asset Management and Bisley Commodities Brokers, then a member of the Sydney Futures Exchange. The directors were John Corner (Managing Director), Ronald Gray, Brent Potts, Theodore William West, Brian Yuill and Brian McGowen. Mr J O'Brien was appointed as liquidator in April 1990.

WILLIE WEST and COMPANY BARING BROS - the attached is a snippet of a full newspaper article outlining all of the business failings and names of above. It wont let me upload the full article

Also the 1991 snippet on the properties and boat is too big to upload

"THE three partners in the former leading stockbroking firm Potts West Trumbull - Mr Brent Potts, Mr Willie West and Mr Chris Trumbull - face an interest bill of between $8.3 million and $9.8 million on top of the recent$15 million court verdict against them in the Spedley Securities case...."

Brent Potts 2008 - Rising like Phoenix from the Ashes

Willie West was a partner of Potts West Trumbull, Members of the Australian Stock Exchange when it was sold to Prudential Bache 1990. He became a venture capital investor in Eastern European start-ups, including $100 million raise for Hungarian Investment Co. Ltd., in conjunction with John Govett in 1990; the provision of $500 million of 'seed capital' for the development of early stage resources in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. Latterly a founder of Resources Investment Trust plc and thereafter the development of a private equity capital portfolio in the resource sector.

Attachments

• 1993 Vereker and Hungary.jpg
    1993 Vereker and Hungary.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1975 JAMES RICHARD VEREKER OF BALGOWNIE .jpg
    1975 JAMES RICHARD VEREKER OF BALGOWNIE .jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 1973 JOHN RICHARD VEREKER  PUBLICAN LICENCE.jpg
    1973 JOHN RICHARD VEREKER PUBLICAN LICENCE.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1970   KEN HAWKINS.jpg
    1970 KEN HAWKINS.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1991 west baring bros.jpg
    1991 west baring bros.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1991 the house deposit and boat...jpg
    1991 the house deposit and boat...jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 24

I think it’s a combo DCOD Passy and then low and behold he hears the name again in good old Sydney town.

Trendwest rings bells for me too.

Two things: remarkably, someone working there remembered seeing the R name, and possibly old mate from Byron (was it the former bank employee? The one who is now flogging retirement villages) worked for them as a salesman. And it’s right across the road from the Arts Centre. It’s kind of flimsy but I can’t get the Trendwest connection out of my head.

Rene Rivkin, now there’s a name with a lot of foul baggage.

If nothing else this case has really opened my eyes to the banality of evil, layers upon layers of ordinary business concerns shielding dangerous actors. It’s really alarming how someone like RB has continuously evaded detection, I think that needs to be looked at closely.

Trendwest rings bells for me too.

Two things: remarkably, someone working there remembered seeing the R name, and possibly old mate from Byron (was it the former bank employee? The one who is now flogging retirement villages) worked for them as a salesman. And it’s right across the road from the Arts Centre. It’s kind of flimsy but I can’t get the Trendwest connection out of my head.

Rene Rivkin, now there’s a name with a lot of foul baggage.

If nothing else this case has really opened my eyes to the banality of evil, layers upon layers of ordinary business concerns shielding dangerous actors. It’s really alarming how someone like RB has continuously evaded detection, I think that needs to be looked at closely.
YEP!!!
old mate G Childs - now working for United Age Care in Lismore

<modsnip: Links to social media of non POIs/suspects are not allowed.>

How Ironic would it be if AH ends up there lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Alanis Morrisette levels of irony.

Guess if you’re a salesperson you can sell almost anything. Buy or sell. I know someone like that who can get their hands on just the right car. From my point of view it’s a gift to be a buyer and seller.

Not relevant but remember the uniting connection and discovery of CSA in the William tyrell case and GRAPA?
My mate works for uniting and helped in Lismore when floods on and continues to work in the area at times.... can’t help myself as will have to ask what this g child is like..... also just saw he was a coppa from 1977 till 2000s... always interesting you guys and the research and connecting

Sorry if I'm rehashing something that was previously resolved, but I have been unable to clarify why FNMR's driving license showed that this name was effective from the 14/10/1994? It has been presumed that MB did not meet AKA/"FNR" until around March 1997. I had noted that her gender was recorded as M, which has already been discussed at great length.

<modsnip: Image removed due to no link to source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I'm rehashing something that was previously resolved, but I have been unable to clarify why FNMR's driving license showed that this name was effective from the 14/10/1994? It has been presumed that MB did not meet AKA/"FNR" until around March 1997. I had noted that her gender was recorded as M, which has already been discussed at great length.
I believe that was when the licence was effective from - not the name.

Hmmm… good question! Could that have been a typo as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken