Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
About "mutual acquaintances", Richard has said that the individual that told him about the alleged kidnapping was a physician. I'm confident they've spoken to LE, if only because Richard has recounted this so widely. I agree with waldojabba about the MA that was so involved when Dr. F first went missing; it sounds like that's the fiancee.
The fiance, has doctorate in nursing, and is a nurse practitioner, so could def be interpreted to be a "physician".

The fiance, has doctorate in nursing, and is a nurse practitioner, so could def be interpreted to be a "physician".

We'll all find out eventually, once the investigation is complete. It was interesting to hear R say that he had an update from LE the day of this interview and that they still consider Dr. F's death a homicide.

Springfield MO radio station KWTO interview with John's brother Richard. Lots of details.

The Elijah Haahr Show - Richard Forsyth (Brother of Dr. John Forsyth)​

Dr. John Forsyth was reported missing weeks ago in Cassville under strange circumstances. Now, days after a body was found and a funeral was held, brother Richard Forsyth is in studio with guest host Chris Russell to recount the full story, clear up rumors, and most importantly, honor his brothers memory. The Elijah Haahr Show will air weekdays from 4-6 p.m. on KWTO, featuring local information

It's the first video link on the page.

IMO, with little or no statements from LE or the rest of his family, Richard sure seems to be controlling the narrative right now.

Looking forward to statements from LE, but that might not for two months as that's when the autopsy report is expected to be complete.
JMO
"He and I are very close" says RIchard.

However, Richard says he did not know anything about the kidnapping and just heard that from someone else. So apparently, they weren't that close.

I can think of no reason why LE would tell RF it was a homicide while continuing to withhold the same information from the media and the public.

My conclusion is that LE has not confirmed that JF’s death was a homicide, but that they are “considering” it (even “investigating” it) as a possibility. I think RF wants very badly for JF’s death to not be a suicide. I am going to wait for an LE statement (not an RF statement) before I dismiss suicide as a possibility

Jmo

"He and I are very close" says RIchard.

However, Richard says he did not know anything about the kidnapping and just heard that from someone else. So apparently, they weren't that close.

He acknowledged that he was surprised at some things going on in his brother's life that he wasn't aware of. He felt sad about that, but speculated that it was possible his brother was killed because he tried to protect others.

It's all a lot of speculation at this point. Until LE makes an arrest or the final AR is revealed, there's not going to be much new information.

He acknowledged that he was surprised at some things going on in his brother's life that he wasn't aware of. He felt sad about that, but speculated that it was possible his brother was killed because he tried to protect others.

It's all a lot of speculation at this point. Until LE makes an arrest or the final AR is revealed, there's not going to be much new information.
Being kidnapped is a traumatic event. What possibly would prevent you from telling those close to you what happened? Perhaps:
1) Your loved ones were threatened
2) You were engaged in some shady things that you didn't want your loved ones to know anything about
3) It never happened

By
I'm listening now but haven't got to the 5 active phones part.
I've never known anyone with more than 2 active phones, and of those, one is business/company and one is personal.
From other cases I've read and folks it's happened to, some other people have 2 phones for less than decent reasons (drugs and/or cheating).

What could be a reasonable reason for someone to have 5 active phones?
i thought it was said that the phones in the RV we're old phones and the 2 phones found in the car were for 1)work and the second was for service with another carrier for out of range area.

I think we need to wait until LE confirms any or all of the five alleged phones. As others have commented above, five (working) phones seem excessive.

If indeed there were five phones, I'll bet LE has learned quite a lot about JF's life from them.

JMO

I can think of no reason why LE would tell RF it was a homicide while continuing to withhold the same information from the media and the public.

My conclusion is that LE has not confirmed that JF’s death was a homicide, but that they are “considering” it (even “investigating” it) as a possibility. I think RF wants very badly for JF’s death to not be a suicide. I am going to wait for an LE statement (not an RF statement) before I dismiss suicide as a possibility

Jmo

Yes, this is where I am at as well. LE has every obligation to do a thorough investigation so it would not be seemly to rush to conclusions.

I myself lean towards self harm. As someone said up thread, this case reminds me of the Debbie Collier case. Also Jake Cefolia.

But nothing would surprise me at all.

Not usually. Some states have laws against that, especially in hospital settings. I think if it was an NP, R would have said "colleague" or something similar. IMO, physician would mean some other doctor.

After Dr's body was found 8 days later, LE started asking family and friends for more details, esp. about the prior kidnapping. Focused on what might have led up to this. Family were hoping he had just taken off, maybe up in Canada or somewhere. He also has a Canadian passport because he has duel citizenship. Also has a passport for First Nation reservations in Canada.
<RSBM>

Regarding the bolded, I've never heard of that before. Did he say a seperate passport to access the reserves? I wasn't able to listen to the entire interview so just wondering if you recall the time stamp he made that statement?

I guess in retrospect it doesn't really even matter but it did stand out to me since I've never heard of such a passport here.

I just listened to the interview again-

The victim's five active carrier connected phones still make no sense to me
Even to have two phones these days to separate busines and personal is not so standard
Plans are oftentimes unlimited so it makes little diff if its personal or business
You just don't have to allocate expenses between the two anymore

But two phones for different carriers for coverage makes sense to me -
I have that since I travel a lot -
ATT and Verizon - usually works pretty well through out US
There are always going to be dead zones in places -
if you look at carrier maps for coverage for the state of Missouri -
you are just going to have some dead areas not covered by any service no matter how many phones -

Was he was involved in something that he needed a separate device/devices to communicate
with persons yet unknown. LE should know that since they have dumped the phones -

I don't sense he was over whelmed by life - I sense that is how he lived -

I believe he and RIchard were close as siblings-
That does not mean they shared all their secrets
They were also possibly competitive as many brothers are
If R is helping with estate issues as he indicated, the state of the victims finances should tell a story

IF the kidnapping story is real
I speculate that the story is probably from the fiance

IF the victim drove his own car to the park he was obvi having a rendez vous with someone
Who is the question ?

Bottom line ?
As Richard says in the interview - there are not enough dots to connect and they are far apart - so you really can make any shape you want -

Richard also says that people want to make this out to be like some type of spy novel but his sense is that it is probably something much more simple

So is Richard the loving brother out for justice? Or is he staying close to the investigation for other reasons yet unknown?

All just IMO

<RSBM>

Regarding the bolded, I've never heard of that before. Did he say a seperate passport to access the reserves? I wasn't able to listen to the entire interview so just wondering if you recall the time stamp he made that statement?

I guess in retrospect it doesn't really even matter but it did stand out to me since I've never heard of such a passport here.
@Ontario Mom - past the 14.22 mark
In addition to the dual citizenship us/canadian passports, he mentioned a Canadian Native Tribe that was a soverign nation that his brother has an ID for. Supposedly one can travel anywhere on this ID. He was hoping his brother disappeared and was just hanging out on the reservation.

In addition to the dual citizenship us/canadian passports, he mentioned a Canadian Native Tribe that was a soverign nation that his brother has an ID for. Supposedly one can travel anywhere on this ID. He was hoping his brother disappeared and was just hanging out on the reservation.
Soooo, I guess it begs the question - why did JF have Canadian and Canadian Native Tribe passports?
JMO

I was referring to the mutual acquaintance who came to R and told him about the first kidnapping after learning about the doctor's last disappearance. R said that the mutual acquaintance (MA) told him that the Dr. had shown up at his/her house after that first kidnapping, with his hands zip tied, etc.

I notice that when R talks about that first kidnapping, he chooses some of his words carefully when describing it. JMO, I wonder if there are some details of that event/story that LE doesn't want him to share. Most likely they're not revealing all the details to make sure they get the right person.
“It was cold. He was zip-tied. He was made to feel very unsafe and taken on a car ride with some people to a bridge and he was threatened,” Richard said.

How does he get from being threatened at the bridge back to MA's house? Did the kidnappers drop him off there? Did they take him back to his car and he drove with zipped hands?

Anyway he shows up zip-tied and half frozen at the door but MA agrees not to call the cops. Why would that be?

Weird, I've been on several reserves numerous times, and there's no ID or passport required. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

“It was cold. He was zip-tied. He was made to feel very unsafe and taken on a car ride with some people to a bridge and he was threatened,” Richard said.

How does he get from being threatened at the bridge back to MA's house? Did the kidnappers drop him off there? Did they take him back to his car and he drove with zipped hands?

Anyway he shows up zip-tied and half frozen at the door but MA agrees not to call the cops. Why would that be?
Who is MA?
Thanks

I've never heard of that before. Did he say a seperate passport to access the reserves? I wasn't able to listen to the entire interview so just wondering if you recall the time stamp he made that statement?
The only document I can think of is an Indian Status card, which can be presented instead of a passport to drive across the Canada/US border, and entitles the person to some government benefits. I suppose if it's tied to a particular band, there would be family and he'd have been able to live with them on the reserve, but it wouldn't entitle someone to stay with strangers on a random reserve.

Like a passport, it's available to children of a status Indian, so my guess is one of his parents or grandparents came from an indigenous group in Canada.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member