Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

Status
Not open for further replies.
“She’s our baby girl. She’s full of life. She’s a hard worker. She’s thoughtful. She has a big heart, which is kind of why we’re in this situation right now—because of her big heart,” Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell’s father, Carlos Russell, told The Daily Beast on Saturday evening. “She’s smart. She’s a fighter. She means the world to us.”

“We want to thank the public, our community, and everyone and every organization that has reached out to us to provide us that support. It’s been absolutely phenomenal,” Carlos Russell said. “We can’t give enough praises to the volunteers who have came out to deal with the weather to pound the pavement, to knock on doors, to show flyers, and try to keep the word out with Carlee.”

“We want to keep the pressure on her,” he added. “We want her to be a household name.”

The Harpersville Police Department said Friday on Facebook that Ms. Russell, a nursing student, had been in the town, about 30 miles east of Hoover, on Thursday “handling some business.”

The department did not exactly say what Ms. Russell had been doing in Harpersville, but it added she was a “smart, courteous and honoring young woman” who had impressed others with her “respect, poise, good attitude and her drive to become a nursing student and help others.”

It clarified in a separate post on Saturday that she had not been at the police department.

“We consistently encounter citizens while engaging the community and those occasions are primarily positive,” the department said. “We had the pleasure of interacting with a bright young woman which prompted the sharing of the encounter. Our interests are only for the safe return of Ms. Russell to her family.”

You must be looking at something different. It’s a white light starting at 3:53 in the video travelling the opposite direction of traffic. TMZ has identified it with an arrow.
That is a reflection from the blinker of the car changing lanes. If you look at the good quality video it is easy to tell.

I’m not convinced that this was a gator attack, but it is noteworthy that it’s gator nesting season right now. They will viciously defend their nests.

There are a couple things that don’t seem to make sense to me in terms of an animal attack though. Why only one scream? And why no blood nearby?

JMO

I haven't seen anyone say that.

What I, and others, have said is that there is no evidence of a mental health crisis. Her speaking actually is evidence of something. People who are psychotic are, by definition of the illness, disorganized. If she is speaking coherently in an organized, calm fashion, it suggests she isn't acutely psychotic. People who are psychotic don't typically hallucinate a fully formed child walking along a highway. Those types of hallucinations would suggest a neurologic cause, usually, especially if there's no auditory hallucination to pre-date or even accompany it. But a neurologic cause wouldn't explain the disappearance. So her 911 call and call to her sister-in-law are important, IMO, if we want insight into her mental status.
I know somebody with schizophrenia and thus I know this is just not true at all.

I think we should be careful on saying that this is a hoax until LE says otherwise. On the TMZ article it does look like there is a light in the brush that could indicate ATV. If a person was dressed in all black u might not be able to see them on the highway footage.I know it seems odd and there is a lot of questions but even one of WS verified expert psyhiatrist or whatever chimed in on this thread saying they don't think it fits a psyhotic break.

Curious, any further MSM info about the interaction with LE the day prior?
I think that if she was hit, there might be some indication of it on the video. And for someone to have hidden her-- that takes time, and I would think it would certainly be noticable t at least 1 driver that might be passing by and report it

I know somebody with schizophrenia and thus I know this is just not true at all.
People with schizophrenia usually behave fairly normally when they are not actively psychotic. But regardless of what your experience is, it’s an easily verifiable fact that those things are typically see with psychosis.

I think we should be careful on saying that this is a hoax until LE says otherwise. On the TMZ article it does look like there is a light in the brush that could indicate ATV. If a person was dressed in all black u might not be able to see them on the highway footage.I know it seems odd and there is a lot of questions but even one of WS verified expert psyhiatrist or whatever chimed in on this thread saying they don't think it fits a psyhotic break.
Also I would not hold a possible light as fact from TMZ. IMO.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> Adding that the 911 dispatch (call found at OP's link) have the description from Carlee as seeing a 3 or 4 y old white male in a white t-shirt and a diaper. She described in detail her car, where she was parked, etc. Sounded like the picture of organization to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when she called the child into 911 she gave a full description?? WM, 3-4 yo, white t shirt, diaper. From driving by in the dark?
Well that’s…interesting. Pretty detailed for a mistaken identity. I’ve pulled over or turned around for what I wrongly think are turtles more times than I can count but if I was telling someone about it I wouldn’t have a detailed description. Just “I saw a turtle, gotta get it out of the road!”. This is so..odd…

I have pics but they won’t post right now. Regarding the lay of the land: the terrain right by the sign she parked by goes down a steep ditch. But if you go to the neighborhood through the woods, the backyards go uphill in the back. So she’d go down then climb up then walk back down. I’ll post the pics when it cooperates. It’s definitely NOT flat terrain that one could easily skip through to the neighborhood through the woods.

Well that’s…interesting. Pretty detailed for a mistaken identity. I’ve pulled over or turned around for what I wrongly think are turtles more times than I can count but if I was telling someone about it I wouldn’t have a detailed description. Just “I saw a turtle, gotta get it out of the road!”. This is so..odd…
You are a kind soul. Keep saving the turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members