Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad that our tracker wasnt the guy, to be honest. He made terribly poor choices but I never felt that he had malicious intent. I trend towards believing what he reported seeing.

Now…should we start guessing how many other violent crimes our guy’s been linked to? He’s no expert but he isn’t a newbie either. Generic guess - he started out as a peeping Tom and gradually moved up the ladder. I wonder if the assault victim was able to help create a sketch of his face…backs are tough to identify others by. This guy is either transient in some way and has been committing assaults/murders (?) as he traverses the states, or has relatives nearby. perhaps

Poor Rachel. For all the talk about dating sites, her boyfriend, and secret rendezvous, it really was just the wrong place at the wrong time.

Upthread it was suggested that the man is Hispanic. I don't think we should jump to that conclusion. It's night, photos are taken with nearby lights. We know he has black hair, but that doesn't tell us anything about nationality.

His hair, ears, build and physique are unique enough that family, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, roommates, and sport friends should recognize him right away.
I’m ignorant to the workings of DNA…

But can they confirm he is Hispanic based off his DNA profile?

The number of home invasions has been going up, out here in So. Cal. LE recently said a gang originating from a Latin American country, are responsible for committing a number of robberies & home invasions. Another group of criminals is utilizing SM apps or “hook up” apps and setting people up to rob them. They show up at the victims house, tie them up and take what they want. I think this suspect left So.Cal because it was getting to hot out here for him. LE knows way more about this guy, than they let on.

The way he leaves the home, I'm thinking he met the young girl online and lied about his age. He invited himself over to meet her and she agreed. Once inside he came onto her and convinced/coerced her to have sex w him, maybe gave her alcohol, etc. she's a minor so not consensual. She said goodbye & let him out the door since she was still in shock, etc. Parents returned home, she disclosed what happened and they called police. Home invasion since she was a minor & coerced her to let him in. Fake profile so did not have real name, age, etc. I believe he will be recognized in MD within a matter of hours & arrest tomorrow. All my opinion.

The way he leaves the home, I'm thinking he met the young girl online and lied about his age. He invited himself over to meet her and she agreed. Once inside he came onto her and convinced/coerced her to have sex w him, maybe gave her alcohol, etc. she's a minor so not consensual. She said goodbye & let him out the door since she was still in shock, etc. Parents returned home, she disclosed what happened and they called police. Home invasion since she was a minor & coerced her to let him in. Fake profile so did not have real name, age, etc. I believe he will be recognized in MD within a matter of hours & arrest tomorrow. All my opinion.
Interesting thoughts, perhaps one day soon we will learn all the facts when this guy is caught.

Up till now, people had no idea who the suspect was. One can only hope he was noticed and will be reported to the police after police released the video.
I doubt he is still there.
I wonder what brought him to this neighbourhood/town in the first place.
Residents have stated it's a quiet safe place, even sort of sleepy. <modsnip>

This leads me to think he might have had a fixation on Rachel through a dating site or such, and went out there to stalk her.....possibly. I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone must have seen him on the trail. His body language has "keep your distance", "I'm buffed" air to it. People usually notice people like that. The people I see on trails are usually "chill" looking
I totally agree, I think the tips will be streaming in, and hopefully before he’s able to get very far…

Re reasons for being on two different coasts at different times of the year (aside from travel and some of the occupations mentioned)… being a student. Description said 20s, right? August is back to school for many colleges. March could be visit home or spring break.

Edit: obviously reverse scenario also possible (at school in CA in Mar, visiting MD before returning in Aug).

Seems less likely than other reasons but throwing it out there.

This case is local for me and I’m really praying she and her family get justice.
Timing could be that March is almost the end of classes, exams are the last half of April. He was studying in LA and returning home to Maryland in April. He was leaving town right after the assault. August timing could be that he's heading back to school in LA at the end of August.

Has this footage been released in relation to the assault of the young girl, or is this the first time this footage has been widely released? If he studies in LA, someone there will know him from the gym.

If he's running around Bel Air shirtless etc, they'll catch him.
Speaking of shirtless, I wonder where his clothes/personal belongings were when he attacked Rachel -- his car? Hotel? Motel? Friend/family member's house? The crime was described as "very violent" -- he must have had blood on him and would've needed to change clothes quickly. How did he get from the trail after the murder to wherever his clean clothes were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519