GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow I have shivers!

Lucy Letby is an EVIL, sick, twisted, narcissistic psychopathic BABY MURDERER!

I have no more words just tears for those darling little babas and their parents whose lives have been completely destroyed by this abhorrent, cold, cruel and calculating monster.

No longer MOO but FACT.

May she get a WLO and never be freed.

The fact that the jury’s conclusion differs on the different charges and they acquitted on one count (I think) and were unable to reach verdicts on others, does suggest to me that they thought about things very carefully and weren’t just following one line of thought but looking at the evidence they had in front of them. It sounds like they were very thorough. I’ve seen some unfair criticism of them online for the length of time or whatever and find that ridiculous. It must have been such a harrowing set of cases to sit through for so long. Surely excused from further jury service for the rest of their lives.

I totally agree. The difference with the triplet boys shows this especially well. Well done them.

Throughout this I’ve had no personal opinion on her guilt either way. I tried. Whatever way I looked at it, I felt I could argue the other side, and there were so many loose strings and unanswered questions. I would drive myself mad thinking about it, thinking about all the what ifs. Although I was most swayed towards her guilt when she herself was on the stand.

From my perspective the jury are the ones who got to hear everything first hand, and I trust their judgment on this fully. There is no doubt for me now that’s she’s guilty.

I look forward to reading what comes out the woodwork about her now, to try and get some understanding of what possible motive there was for this.

Most of all, I’m glad those babies have justice, and may they now rest in peace x

I totally agree. The difference with the triplet boys shows this especially well. Well done them.
I can understand why people think LL should have been convicted of everything and understand that for some families they may not feel the book is closed and it’s also easy for me to say, but the variation in verdicts suggests the jury were very likely able to distinguish between different standards of proof, and makes the convictions LL did get very, very solid in my opinion.

Letby was not a scapegoat. She is a murderer. The offences that could be proven against her, she has been convicted of. I draw my own personal conclusions on the others but respect the jury going on what they were presented with to make the calls they did.

‘I wonder if Lucy is working tonight’…. says it all.

Her face is all over the news as a baby murderer. Evil mugshot. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve not been on for some while now; but I do genuinely feel this verdict is correct. I hope the families are able to get some closure now- their pain can never be rectified, their agony will live forever in their hearts for these tiny innocent lost lives for what must have been almost a year of hell reliving this (and for the jury of course). I hope they are all able to find some peace. Such an utterly awful, devastating life event for all involved.

Someone thinks that the other cases weren’t proven to the standard to convict is all I think we can say.
That's what I think. The insulin cases were generally considered the strongest. I'd say someone on the jury was a stickler for standards of evidence and everything lesser than the insulin cases didn't meet that standard for them.

I have no idea how it works in the UK but its a shame there was no way for some of these Attempted Murder cases to come down to assault, grievous bodily harm, or something else similar. I can understand those decisions, tbh. Sometimes she really might just have wanted to hurt them - that's not attempted murder. It should bloody well be a crime, and she's essentially gotten away with those because there was no alternative or lesser charge.

Oh well. At least she'll be going away for a long time - hopefully forever.

First 2 verdicts were the insulin cases

A few days later a few more guilty murder verdicts

She was there those 2 days

Letby cried first day
Held head down 2 nd day

2nd day mother loudly said this is wrong can't be happening

She refused to attend after that

From Dan live on bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics