GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several similarities with a letter written by another convicted healthcare killer - Victorino Chua

"Victorino Chua, 49, was questioned about the 13-page handwritten document found in a kitchen drawer when his house was searched after his arrest in January 2012 on suspicion of murder.

“I wrote that letter when I had nothing to do, so I’m releasing all the things on my mind,” Chua told the officer.

Howe asked Chua about why he had described himself as “evil at the same time angel”.

Chua suggested his own meaning of evil was “doing the wrong things” and “not playing fair” and was not the same as what it meant to the police officer.

Howe said: “It’s quite a deep letter, and things in there you probably would not tell people: ‘I want to end my life’. You have called this the ‘bitter nurse confession’. Something happened to me, angel turned into evil person.”

The defendant was then asked why he had written: “Got lots to tell but I just take it to my grave.”

Nurse accused of poisoning hospital patients wrote letter 'to release tension' | UK news | The Guardian

Letby's childhood friend:

She told me she’d had quite a difficult birth herself and was quite poorly, and I think that’s affected a lot of her life.

‘She feels that’s what she was called to do – to help children who might have been born in similar circumstances.’

That is significant. She could have an attachment disorder if she was separated from her Mother at birth for some time and never bonded. And had a traumatic birth. Attachment disorders can create narcissists.

A highly narcissistic person believes they are superior to others and therefore entitled to special treatment. These people can be interpersonally exploitative, manipulative, and aggressive, with little regard for the needs and feelings of others.

However not all children separated from a Mother at birth will necessarily be narcissists. So there needs to be something else. Eg over authoritative parenting or abandonment (eg if the Mother then has post natal depression and isn’t interested.

Various reports have said her type of psychopathy is usually due to a traumatic or abusive childhood but it didn’t fit as she had a normal life. However they were maybe missing early life trauma - and an attachment disorder - maybe compounded by other issues in the family.

That is significant. She could have an attachment disorder if she was separated from her Mother at birth for some time and never bonded. And had a traumatic birth. Attachment disorders can create narcissists.

However not all children separated from a Mother at birth will necessarily be narcissists. So there needs to be something else. Eg over authoritative parenting or abandonment (eg if the Mother then has post natal depression and isn’t interested.

Various reports have said her type of psychopathy is usually due to a traumatic or abusive childhood but it didn’t fit as she had a normal life. However they were maybe missing early life trauma - and an attachment disorder - maybe compounded by other issues in the family.

Ted B was also separated from mother after birth.
He spent first moths of his life in a kind of orphanage.

I actually think — based on nothing but my own opinion — that she won’t.

The thing about Lucy that bugged me is that she seems so defeated. I follow a lot of true crimes stories like so many of you, and the killers usually come across to me as cocky, feeling like they are the smartest in the room. To me Lucy appeared so long as someone who had been unjustly accused and had just resigned herself to what was happening to her. Her behavior — facade, is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. It’s why I struggled with making up my mind about her for so long.

But then I landed at this. She’s done evil things, but a part of her, probably a small part knows this and feels guilty (‘I don’t deserve mom and dad, I’m a horrible person’). That part of her knows she belongs in prison, which is why she never really protested her innocence in a manner that you’d expect from someone unjustly being accused of murdering babies. And then the other part of her, that thrives on sympathy, enjoys looking so sad and depressed because she’s still getting the attention she craves from her parents, her friends, her supporters. She keeps up the defeated facade for them. Not because she thinks she’s innocent, but for their attention.

In my opinion, based on nothing but my own thoughts.

I think she was feeling defeated - because she'd lost control of the narrative and wasn't getting sympathy or admiration anymore.

The note

"Read it literally"

well she's right about most things in the note, like she's evil and the world would be better off without her ...

Has anyone else noticed when the trust stopped paying Letby? It was when she was charged on the 10th November 2020. She was receiving full pay for 2 years despite being arrested twice for serial murder during that time. The trust’s decision making just gets odder and odder.

Last edited:

I am trying to understand what stood behind the COCH authorities being not in support of NICU doctors. I can't just blame them of being bad, or incompetent, without a known chain of wrong behaviors.

- First that comes to mind is the same I felt myself, for long time. "I can imagine a nurse killing an older patient, it happens, but a neonatal nurse killing babies? No I don't want to even believe it". (I am still torn, tbh, remembering how helpful the labor@delivery unit was to me here, in PNW. LL's case I can't emotionally process).

- if at the time of the accusation LL already had an "emotional relationship with Dr.A", it is quite possible that the situation could have been perceived as "some intra-unit shuffle and drama, something always happening there".

- it is quite possible that it could be harder to get an experienced nurse in NHS than a doctor, so the hospital bureaucracy was considering this factor, too.

- Were they simply scared to believe, foreseeing the dire consequences? Were they protecting the ailing system of the COCH?

- Last thing that comes to mind, was Lucy somehow "connected"? The situation when Lucy's father is present at the meeting is somewhat telling. Of course, he could be who are providing emotional support against "two men are persecuting a young woman". But in this case, won't the presence of a professional woman, such as the chief of nursing, be more appropriate?

Letby's childhood friend:

She told me she’d had quite a difficult birth herself and was quite poorly, and I think that’s affected a lot of her life.

‘She feels that’s what she was called to do – to help children who might have been born in similar circumstances.’

An insignificant point but I wonder if her claim of herself being a product of a difficult birth has been corroborated/verified or is this another Poor-Lucy ploy to garner sympathies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror