2007 Golden Globe Nominations

Jeez, i am out of the loop, i have seen none of those movies.

My daughter kids me that I never really like the award-winning movies. She sends me these and tells me to use the list as "what NOT to see".

2sisters, I am probably more in tune with the Nick awards than any of these! :blushing:

The only movies I ever watch are Lifetime movies. Funny, I don't see any of those on the list...:waitasec:

I havent seen any of these movies either but I hope Cate does well:)

I'm so pathetic. I haven't seen one movie or TV show that she's been in. That's quite a few. I've heard her name before and I think she's fairly popular and well-liked here too. That's about all I know about her!

Do y'all have your own sort of Aussie awards? Has she won any of those?

You know who my favorite Aussie was? He's dead and he was the lead singer in a terrific rock group. I would have been his groupie if it were possible! To die for!!! Can you guess? (Wrong thread for this, I know!)

We have the Aussie film awards or better known as the AFIs.
Was it Billy Thorpie of the Aztecs?.

Edit..Im thinking youre too young to be a Thorpie fan..was it Michael Hutchinson?

The only movies I ever watch are Lifetime movies. Funny, I don't see any of those on the list...:waitasec:

Go see Enchanted. It's pretty close if you throw in a handful of crappy songs.

Go see Enchanted. It's pretty close if you throw in a handful of crappy songs.

Does it have Tori Spelling or Melissa Gilbert in it? :crazy:

I may actually have to see that, my five-year-old daughter wants to...

I think some of these movies aren't out yet. Sweeny Todd just this weekend I think.

Most of them sure haven't gotten to Texas yet.

Charlie Wilson's War looks interesting to me; I've seen Lars and the Real Girl and it was really strange. But good acting and OK.

Sweeny Todd looks interesting, as well. I have no desire to see any of the violent ones.

The Savages is supposed to be good, about Alzheimers.

I can't believe P.S. Hoffman is in just about ALL of them!!

We have the Aussie film awards or better known as the AFIs.
Was it Billy Thorpie of the Aztecs?.

Edit..Im thinking youre too young to be a Thorpie fan..was it Michael Hutchinson?

Yes, Michael Hutchence. :D I wish he were still around.

Hmm. I'll have to check out Billy Thorpie/Aztecs.

...Sweeny Todd looks interesting, as well. I have no desire to see any of the violent ones....

Dearest Martha, I hereby nominate your post for "Funniest of the Year"!

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is one of my favorite stage musicals. (I saw the original Broadway production dozens of times and my partner was the associate casting director for the national tours.)

The music and lyrics are by my favorite composer, Stephen Sondheim.

But Sweeney is inspired by the grand guignol (in France) or "penny dreadfuls" (in England) of the 19th century. Those were melodramas that featured a great deal of violence and bloodshed.

The story (based on an English legend used to scare children) deals with an average man who is so mistreated by the British legal system that he exacts revenge by becoming a serial killer, slashing his barbershop customers right and left. He forms a partnership with his downstairs neighbor, who runs a failing meat pie shop. Together, they cut up the corpses and serve them to unknowing customers in meat pies, making a small fortune in the process.

Did I mention that it's a musical comedy? And as close as we'll get to a great American opera.

By all means, go. It's brilliant. (At my house, we've planned Christmas day around getting to the very first showing.)

But be prepared for a bit of violence. :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Does it have Tori Spelling or Melissa Gilbert in it? :crazy:

I may actually have to see that, my five-year-old daughter wants to...

Actually, the one thing about it that isn't "Lifetime" is the starring performance by Amy Adams. She is incandescent!

Dearest Martha, I hereby nominate your post for "Funniest of the Year"!

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is one of my favorite stage musicals. (I saw the original Broadway production dozens of times and my partner was the associate casting director for the national tours.)

The music and lyrics are by my favorite composer, Stephen Sondheim.

But Sweeney is inspired by the grand guignol (in France) or "penny dreadfuls" (in England) of the 19th century. Those were melodramas that featured a great deal of violence and bloodshed.

The story (based on an English legend used to scare children) deals with an average man who is so mistreated by the British legal system that he exacts revenge by becoming a serial killer, slashing his barbershop customers right and left. He forms a partnership with his downstairs neighbor, who runs a failing meat pie shop. Together, they cut up the corpses and serve them to unknowing customers in meat pies, making a small fortune in the process.

Did I mention that it's a musical comedy? And as close as we'll get to a great American opera.

By all means, go. It's brilliant. (At my house, we've planned Christmas day around getting to the very first showing.)

But be prepared for a bit of violence. :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Well how am I supposed to know everything??? OK I don't mind serial slashers as long they SING!

I saw the previews, but seeing Johnny Depp makes me shut out all of the background. :p

I'm glad I finally said something funny.

Well how am I supposed to know everything??? OK I don't mind serial slashers as long they SING!

I saw the previews, but seeing Johnny Depp makes me shut out all of the background. :p

I'm glad I finally said something funny.

You wouldn't know, Martha. It was only a minor hit on Broadway (ran about a year and a half) and it isn't the sort of piece to be regularly revived by high schools. (Too bloody, but also too hard to sing.)

When it was on Broadway, we used to get front row seats for out-of-town visitors so they would get splashed by the blood (actually, some sort of chocolate syrup concoction) and then we'd serve real meat pies afterwards. The 70s were fun!

But with Tim Burton directing the film, I doubt it has gotten any less violent.

(Actually, it's so over the top, it becomes funny and one roots for the killers, not their victims. Don't let me discourage you from going. I wish we could see it together.)

Yes, Michael Hutchence. :D I wish he were still around.

Hmm. I'll have to check out Billy Thorpie/Aztecs.
Inxs were/are a great band and it was such a bizarre and and untimely death for both Michael and Paula...so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back