Cal-Sag Channel Search #2

Anyone who wants more details on the equipment used in this kind of search can
See the equipment here: http://www.ovsar.org/sidescan.htm
It’s a complete SideScan Sonar setup for a search crew.
Also there are many “screen shots” of the sonar images available on the web.
The Cal-Sag Channel crew is also using a small remotely operated vehicle for real time
Camera images.

Greybeard

The Cal-Sag Channel crew is also using a small remotely operated vehicle for real time
Camera images.

Greybeard

The camera images at that site are amazing in the clarity and detail. But with all the debris in the Cal Sag, that may hinder them getting the shots they need..meaning all the cars, etc in the way.

Camera images.

Greybeard

--->>>Thank you for the link. I clicked on the K-9 training link at your link. Remarkable what dogs are trained for and how they are trained. I got involved with 'dogs' and their abilities on the JonBenet Case. This link is a goldmine for info on DOGS and their duties in LE. Heres to the Doggies too!

Bumpy bump person here.

I won’t claim to be an expert on this type of search, but from following the Laci
Peterson search I see a lot of similarities. One of the things I remember that may
Apply here is the lack of water clarity at times.
If I remember right the fact that large propellers passing by stir up mud so
when a ship goes by; the visibility goes way down.
Could that be one of the reasons for stopping the Barge traffic at times?

Also, when the towfish is being pulled behind the boat I doubt they
Would like to have it run into a sunken car eh? From what I have read; that place
Was sort of a “ dumping grounds” for cars and other things. That must really
Be a challenge in this weather.

Greybeard

I won’t claim to be an expert on this type of search, but from following the Laci
Peterson search I see a lot of similarities. One of the things I remember that may
Apply here is the lack of water clarity at times.
If I remember right the fact that large propellers passing by stir up mud so
when a ship goes by; the visibility goes way down.
Could that be one of the reasons for stopping the Barge traffic at times?

Also, when the towfish is being pulled behind the boat I doubt they
Would like to have it run into a sunken car eh? From what I have read; that place
Was sort of a “ dumping grounds” for cars and other things. That must really
Be a challenge in this weather.

Greybeard

--->>>Something you said stirred a thought, 'Dumping ground'. I wonder if other than someone running a car off an open access from a bridge is how cars get in the channel? I am thinking noooooo couldn't be.

So given that thought from the accesses to allow the pushing a car off by an individual entity, would a 'recent' dump get bogged down with cars already in the channel ?, OR would a 'newly' dumped vehicle be drawn by any sort of a current in the channel to a NEW location?

I am also guessing that 'passing' large boats would create a 'wash' current that could re locate a recently dumped vehicle, huh?

Wish I were smarter about large bodies of water. I would think there might be a state oriented fine for 'dumping vehicles' in a waterway, huh?

it was mentioned on a different thread, about a search being done today...is this the same body of water as this thread pertains to?

There was a video feed that showed a car being pulled up from under a bridge according to SuziQ on the Stacy Peterson thread.

Was that done so the sonar could see "farther down" in the water??

Fox News, "The Big Story," just reported they are draining this part of the canal? Any local news on this?

Adora:

I haven't heard anything and chico hasn't posted anything in the media thread. I posted what you asked on the Stacy Peterson thread thinking that maybe someone over there might know, but no one has responded yet.

If you hear anything more, please post.

Okay, I rewound "The Big Story," and here is the gist of what they reported:

Mary Frances Briegel(sp) of WBBM radio says they reportedly began draining the canal last night and sources say they know exactly what they are looking for. According to her, local reporters are speculating that GJ testimony may have led to draining the canal for a specific item.

Lieberman (AMW guy) says that AMW has received quite a few tips regarding this particular canal. Also talked a bit about Steve Peterson being re-subpoenaed to the GJ, saying that seems significant to him.

I don't know, to drain a huge canal, the water has to go somewhere. Unless they were able to close off a section within the locks??

Adora:

Looks like you got something there!! HUGE!! Do you know what part of the canal it was specifically?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...DP should go back to the GJ, wish I was on it, I have some very pointed questions I'd like to ask him!!!

btw..........which Earnhardt said that, Sr. or Jr.? I'm betting Sr.!

Mary Frances Briegel(sp) of WBBM radio says they reportedly began draining the canal last night and (ETA) "a family member of Stacy Peterson" says ISP know exactly what they are looking for. According to Briegel, local reporters are speculating that GJ testimony may have led to draining the canal for a specific item.

Lieberman (AMW guy) says that AMW has received quite a few tips regarding this particular canal. Also talked a bit about Steve Peterson being re-subpoenaed to the GJ, saying that seems significant to him.

I don't know, to drain a huge canal, the water has to go somewhere. Unless they were able to close off a section within the locks??

The report did not state what part of the canal they were reportedly draining, just showed clips of the search that was being conducted today.

The AMW guy also said that their sources believe that Steve Peterson and several other people know something about Stacy's disappearance. John Gibson, co-host of The Big Story, asked the AMW guy about the "no-snitch rule," regarding Steve Peterson's GJ testimony.

BTW, Littledeer, my siggy is a quote from The Intimidator himself.:cool:

snip from Andora's post....

Steve Peterson and several other people know something about Stacy's disappearance. snip....

We know that Tom Morphy knows something, the Pastor knows something. Are they implying that "other police officers might know something??

If Steve knows anything about Stacy's disappearance, how sad that he would be that loyal to his father as a police officer himself. I would be totally shocked it this were to come out as a fact later, and my gosh, he had been babysitting his own nephews and niece during this time.

OT: I figured it was the Intimidator!!! I miss him so much, watching the races these past years and this year also!!

Mary Frances Briegel(sp) of WBBM radio says they reportedly began draining the canal last night and sources say they know exactly what they are looking for. According to her, local reporters are speculating that GJ testimony may have led to draining the canal for a specific item.

hmmm, very interesting!!...thanks for the info AB!

The report did not state what part of the canal they were reportedly draining, just showed clips of the search that was being conducted today.

The AMW guy also said that their sources believe that Steve Peterson and several other people know something about Stacy's disappearance. John Gibson, co-host of The Big Story, asked the AMW guy about the "no-snitch rule," regarding Steve Peterson's GJ testimony.

BTW, Littledeer, my siggy is a quote from The Intimidator himself.:cool:

wow!....i had taken Steve Peterson 'off the front burner'....hmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth