FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

Any dental or medical records from Mary Cook are likely long gone. When I tried to obtain medical records from around that time, I was told that they destroyed medical records after seven years.

Earl is deceased, but is her eldest son still alive? I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that he would have been shown Peggy Baisden too at some point?
Mary Margaret Cook and Peggy Baisden lived on the SAME street. Both had 2 kids. Peggy was newly divorced and is out possible that Peggy and Earl knew each other? Did their children play with one another on that street? Did they spend the night at each other's homes? They would've obviously went to the same school if they were school age. Earl Cook was a house painter I've read. Did he do work for Peggy? Then go inside for some sweet tea?
Was her night at the Chatterbox to meet Earl Cook? Where was he that night? She was a newly divorced woman. Was there an affair? Are any of her children Earl's biological children?
The Chatterbox lounge was in Lakeland, FL in the Eaton Park area. Lakeland is called "Lake land" for a reason.
There are 38 lakes in the Lakeland city limits.
How did she disappear? A man was reportedly helping her with her car as she was having car trouble.
She was last seen receiving help from an unknown white male that was unidentifiable due to the dark that night.
Personally, I think that Earl, living so close to Peggy developed an obsession. I've read in these forums that the Chatterbox was on his way home from work (as a painter) .
Maybe this was an affair, or Earl noticed he car there and decided to disable it.
Painters can't work in the dark. Peggy went missing on Friday, April 2,1965. Sounds like Earl went out for a drink on the way home, sees her and opportunity. Waited until dark to disable the car and she never makes it home.
So how would the car be gone??
He would've sabotaged the car, played the hero and would've followed her home or her follow him home. Then driven the car into Lake Hancock.
The Lake is just like 5 blocks away from that area of BOTH of their homes.
The map below shows the location of the street BOTH women lived on in distance to that lake. The other shows how many lakes are in Lakeland city limits
IF , the killer was EARL , I would check THAT lake, Lake Hancock.
It's very remote, and it would look like she just had a driving accident coming home from a bar, and killed herself accidentally. The car is listed as green. That year of green looked like light green pond water.And that color would blend into the swampy waters. Also IF he was involved IN Margaret's disappearance and she turns out to be Lake Panasoffkee Jane Doe then odds are he could've disposed of Peggy the same way.
They should have ADVENTURES WITH PURPOSE check out that lake.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-221654_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220806-221654_Maps-01.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220806-215044_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220806-215044_Maps-01.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Agreed. Genetic genealogy is likely how they'd have to identify her at this point.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available. Extensive dental work, including several silver fillings and a porcelain crown on one of her top middle teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Bump.
Has any agency taken her case for genetic geneology?
I hope she gets her name soon.

Also wondering. We need her ethnic makeup via genetic analysis - it would be clear then if she was Greek/Southeast European, Native American or Central European or maybe of some other heritage never thought of such as Hispanic, which is possible.

And genetic genealogy. I wonder if anybody is on her case. It is all very silent and I am not sure if that is a good or bad sign. Boy in the Box was kept extremely under cover but we knew someone was working his case.

Screams for DNA. Very urgently so. This young wife and probably mom desperately needs her name back and justice.
And I am so sure she is not "Konstantina", probably not even Greek. But DNA could tell us all that. Is any lab on her case? Best would be Othram since they work with highly degraded samples.

@othram while I am very sure I am not the first person to alert you on this case and while i am also pretty sure that there are reasons why you cannot take over this case (e.g. non cooperating LE agency, remains lost or cremated (unlikely since they did isotopes), another lab on the case etc.), sending you the "bat sign" gives me a bit of hope.

Screams for DNA. Very urgently so. This young wife and probably mom desperately needs her name back and justice.
And I am so sure she is not "Konstantina", probably not even Greek. But DNA could tell us all that. Is any lab on her case? Best would be Othram since they work with highly degraded samples.
I don't believe there is any evidence that she is Greek besides isotopes, which are often wrong. Somehow Unsolved Mysteries got ahold of this and it went around the world.

@othram while I am very sure I am not the first person to alert you on this case and while i am also pretty sure that there are reasons why you cannot take over this case (e.g. non cooperating LE agency, remains lost or cremated (unlikely since they did isotopes), another lab on the case etc.), sending you the "bat sign" gives me a bit of hope.
Also they can't just "take over a case".... LE has to invite them.

We will ask our team to inquire!

Side by side. Sure looks like it could be the same girl.

PanasoffkeeKonstantinaComparison_zps181246a7.jpg
Still not ruled out 11 years after being first considered

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15