Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question here - what would Hamas' situation be in a future election considering they are for many, a proscribed terrorist organisation?

So many of their leadership on the ground in Gaza have been eliminated according to the Israeli army and according to a quote I read sometime today the leadership in exile knew something was afoot but did not know about plans for the 7th (I will locate that); so what happens in an election. A name change?

Edited to add cite
A deadly cascade: how secret Hamas attack orders were passed down at last minute
Plan drawn up by handful of leaders was unknown to men who would carry it out until morning of attacks on Israel a month ago

• Warning: viewers may find some photos distressing
I think before a legit election was ever to be held a Palestinian leader(s) would have to emerge that can first bring any Palestinian factions together in agreement then be able to negotiate with Israel.
In the near future that's a very tall order.

No you don’t. And I’m not going to argue the point of the monsters putting Hostages in clean clothes at release in order to look humane. <modsnip>

I'm surprised they managed to find clean clothes for her to wear when leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Israeli intelligence leak details extent of warnings over Hamas attack​

Officer who reviewed intelligence considered risk of big attack ‘an imaginary scenario’, leak suggests

[…]

Looks like even the IDF underestimated the level of cruelty and evil recklessness that Hamas was capable of.

Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad had to actually Protect the 12 Hostages who were Released tonight to the Red Cross, as the Crowds of Palestinians were claimed to be attempting to Kill them; this caused the Location of the Exchange to have be changed multiple times.

This is very revealing. It is not just Hamas themselves but many of the local people that are capable of such violence.

Source: Hamas
Authenticity: Unverified

"Iran's foreign minister Hossein Amirabdollahian has said that Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad - the two main armed groups in Gaza - have only used around 10-12% of their capabilities so far. He made the comments in an interview on the first day of the ceasefire, which was later extended by two days."

Hindustan Times Video - Iran Reveals How Many Weapons Hamas Has Left In Gaza

12m ago

A 14-year-old Palestinian who was released by Israel today said he witnessed beatings while he was detained in an Israeli prison.

Ahmad Salayme
, in an interview with Al Jazeera, said:

The first day of the war there were a number of beatings, female inmates were beaten.
He said he had been told not to celebrate upon his release from prison, and that he was not allowed to leave his house, raise any banners or use a megaphone, “If I break any of these rules I will be taken back,” he said. He added:

We are very happy but our happiness is incomplete because we mourn those who are lost, those who are wounded and those who are missing.

41m ago

Negotiations over a possible second extension of the pause in fighting in Gaza and the release of hostages being held by Hamas now include men and soldiers, according to a report.

Israel’s Mossad intelligence agency director, David Barnea, and the CIA director, William Burns, have flown to Qatar on Tuesday for talks on how to extend the current truce in Gaza in exchange for the release of more hostages by Hamas.

Barnea and Burns, as well as the Egyptian intelligence chief, Abbas Kamel,and the Qatari prime minister, Mohammed Bin Abdul Rahman al-Thani, are discussing initial ideas for a potential new deal that would see the release of men and soldiers who are being held hostage by Hamas, Axios reported,citing sources.

The intelligence chiefs and the Qatari prime minister are discussing the possibility of extending the pause by up to an additional three days in exchange for the release of another 10 hostages per day, the sources said. That could bring the total number of Israeli hostages released under the deal to 100.

During the meeting, Barnea told the meeting that Israel would not agree to any discussion on a new hostage deal before the current one is fully implemented and all women and children who are held hostage are released, an Israeli official told the outlet. They said:

It might be possible to reach separate agreements around other groups of hostages but Israel made clear it can only happen after the current deal is fully implemented and all women and children are released.
Israel believes Hamas is still holding 30 to 40 women and children, including about 20 women aged 21 to 50, it said.

Hey Everyone,
Our good friends at Othram are trying to raise money to help identify from 1958 Millard County John Doe. Please help if you can. Click on the link to read about the case and to donate. Thank you.
P.S. if you have questions please do not discuss on this thread. Go to the Othram thread.

Would Israel stop trying to find all the Hamas then?

It sounds as if there are multiple pressures on Netanyahu.

"This is just one of the many pressures being visited on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: from the United States, to moderate his military response; from the families of the hostages, to prolong the pause in fighting; and from members of his hard-right government, who disavow any letup at all, regardless of hostages, in the war against Hamas."

Government rhetoric and public opinion in Israel seem unequivocal: Sooner or later the intense military campaign in the Gaza Strip must and will resume.

I question that because they're powerful leverage for Hamas when bargaining for prisoners.
Times may have changed though from when Israel released about 1,000 prisoners for one captive Israeli soldier.
IMO they learned their lesson with this deal. It was part of this deal that they released Sinwar and he is the head of HAMAS now.. the ringleader of this terror. I don't think they will do that again.

Looks like even the IDF underestimated the level of cruelty and evil recklessness that Hamas was capable of.
Hamas was at the border every single day trying to break it down. There is no reason not to imagine them coming over en mass. Many times they came over with weapons. Every article and video is from prior to Oct 7th.

550464.jpg

Last edited:
I find it very troubling for the remaining hostages when hearing freed hostages/family members publicly telling the atrocities they experienced in captivity then seeing it reiterated throughout the media worldwide.
Does Netanyahu think this helps in any way?
I'm not sure Netanyahu can do much about it if a child talks to his family about what happened while in captivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banksy