Another mother dies giving birth to triplets

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
How sad! My prayers are with this family.

KALAMAZOO (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A mother of triplets gave the ultimate sacrifice for her newborn babies.

Tina Hagenbuch died just a short time after giving birth at Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo this week.

Something went wrong during Tina's C-section. She died about half an hour after the third baby was born.

Link: http://www.wwmt.com/news/tina_1345682___article.html/mother_kalamazoo.html

Another story and link:
"Friends seek help for father of triplets

KALAMAZOO -- Friends of a Comstock Township man whose wife died unexpectedly while giving birth to triplets Tuesday are seeking the community's help.

Tina Marie Hagenbuch and her husband, Jeff, had been enjoying an uneventful pregnancy. But when she was seven months pregnant, the 42-year-old Comstock woman was admitted last week to Bronson Methodist Hospital with preeclampsia and put on bed rest.

Preeclampsia is a disorder that happens only during or right after pregnancy. It is characterized by high blood pressure and other symptoms."

Link: http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2007/12/father_of_three_on_his_own.html

OMG, this is so sad, I can't believe this has happened twice in this month. I am glad to see their friends and community are helping. I hope they continue to do so thoughout the triplets life.

My thoughts and prayers for the babies, her husband and her family. May she rest in peace. The ultimate sacrifice indeed.

How very sad!! I wonder if it was surgical complications, or caused by the toxemia?

This is devastating. Oh and reading all the nice messages from her loved ones. How can this happen in 2007? Prayers for this lovely family, and may their momma rest in peace. Saddest thing I have read in so long.

I know! The "I miss you more than words can say. I love you Momma" just broke my heart... :(

I know! The "I miss you more than words can say. I love you Momma" just broke my heart... :(

I know it had me with tears coming down. If I find myself dare complaining about anything I will shut up and think of these lovely people who have to be just going through the motions. So sad.

I was on bedrest for preeclampsia with my first child. It is a serious condition and I am so saddened to hear that this mother succumbed to it--what a heartbreaking birth story for those children!

Side note, mothers who experience preeclampsia are at greater risk for high blood pressure later on in life (true for me).

I think my life is really going into the dump.. two of our dogs drowned in our spa connected to our pool today. They could swim but could not get out of the spa.
Then I come here, and read stories like this one, 3 more little babies and a beautiful family left without a mother, a wife, torn apart by death and I realize that my grief for 3 dogs ( including the puppy we just lost) is so selfish. How incredibly sad for this family and the other one. My prayers and spirit of love for all of those who have lost members of their families this year. I know Christmas makes it especially tragic.

I am praying for all who are dealing with life- threatening illnesses,children with incurable diseases, and the incredible heartache of losing a new mother like the two we've just read about.

It seems so senseless and so preventable..
Then it hits me hard again that God does things His way in His time, and although we will never understand or accept the pain in this life, but all will be made clear in Heaven.
I have to believe this, or I couldn't stand the grief.

Maria

The c-section went terribly wrong...oh my! I know that having a C-section is actually dangerous and they consider it MAJOR Surgery..Unfortunately for her it was too much. God bless her and the beautiful family she left behind..

It's heartbreaking looking at that couple and knowing that she won't be here to raise her babies, love and protect them. Both of the new dads who lost their wives are going to need a lot of help and a lot of prayers. I hope this dad has a close family that will be supportive. I wonder what went wrong?

It's heartbreaking looking at that couple and knowing that she won't be here to raise her babies, love and protect them. Both of the new dads who lost their wives are going to need a lot of help and a lot of prayers. I hope this dad has a close family that will be supportive. I wonder what went wrong?

Bobbisangel-

When I was reading about this mom yesterday, I saw something somewhere that said that embryonic fluid had gotten into the bloodstream. It wasn't an "official" type of response, so I took it with a grain of salt because everything I read said that the cause was undetermined.

What an awfully, awfully sad way to go. I have been hoping that Tina slipped away without knowing something was wrong and I've also been hoping that her husband wasn't in the room with her when she was having her caesarean.

eta: I found the article:

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7530396&nav=0RceHnLU

snip

No word yet on why triplet mom died

7530396_BG1.jpg
pxl_trans.gif
7530396_BG2.jpg
pxl_trans.gif

By PATRICK CENTER

KALAMAZOO -- Exactly how a 42-year-old woman died while delivering triplets has yet to be determined, according to a family friend.
But the past president of an organization called The Greater Kalamazoo Mothers of Multiples told 24 Hour News 8 Tina Hagenbuch died of a heart attack after embryonic fluid entered the blood stream during a C-section

well... she was 42... i hope people understand that even with all our amazing medical advances,, having a baby later in life DOES increase the risk of things going wrong. at least she had a loving husband who sounds like an amazing dad. RIP....

well... she was 42... i hope people understand that even with all our amazing medical advances,, having a baby later in life DOES increase the risk of things going wrong. at least she had a loving husband who sounds like an amazing dad. RIP....
I don't know that age had any bearing on this rare condition; if it is indeed the culprit.
Amniotic Fluid Embolism (AFE)

This is an extremely rare but fatal condition which can kill as many as half the women it affects. In the UK there are about 3 cases a year and very little is known about the condition. AFE is an obstetric emergency which occurs when amniotic fluid, foetal cells, hair or other debris enters the mother's blood stream via the placenta and triggers an allergic reaction, causing cardiac and respiratory failure. It will only happen if three other events occur. These are; · Rupture of membranes · Rupture of the veins in the uterus or cervix · Increased pressure from uterus to vein Small traces of foetal tissue are common in pregnancy but in some women it can trigger AFE. It can occur before, during or after delivery and 50 per cent of women will die from it within the first hour. Survivors may have neurological problems. It is not thought that it is hereditary or genetic. Characteristics include larger than normal babies, late deliveries (beyond 42 weeks), hard labour, sudden onset of shock, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath and chills. The cause is unknown and the condition is unpredictable and unpreventable. Midwife Debbie Richards says, "AFE is very serious but, thankfully, very rare. In twenty years of delivering babies I have never come across this terrible condition.http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/pregnancyproblems/amniotic_fluid.asp

ETA: I take that back. It looks like she may have had many of the risk factors. this is just so sad:

The research team also found several other factors to be associated with higher rates of AFE, including multiple pregnancy, older maternal age (35 years or older), caesarean or instrumental vaginal delivery, eclampsia (a serious complication of pregnancy characterised by convulsions), polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid), abnormal placental position or separation, and cervical laceration or uterine rupture.
http://www.physorg.com/news80564831.html

I think my life is really going into the dump.. two of our dogs drowned in our spa connected to our pool today. They could swim but could not get out of the spa.
Then I come here, and read stories like this one, 3 more little babies and a beautiful family left without a mother, a wife, torn apart by death and I realize that my grief for 3 dogs ( including the puppy we just lost) is so selfish. How incredibly sad for this family and the other one. My prayers and spirit of love for all of those who have lost members of their families this year. I know Christmas makes it especially tragic.

I am praying for all who are dealing with life- threatening illnesses,children with incurable diseases, and the incredible heartache of losing a new mother like the two we've just read about.

It seems so senseless and so preventable..
Then it hits me hard again that God does things His way in His time, and although we will never understand or accept the pain in this life, but all will be made clear in Heaven.
I have to believe this, or I couldn't stand the grief.

Maria

SeekingJana - I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs!

All grief is selfish - we hate the hurt we feel when our earthly connection with someone shifts into an unknown place.

My prayers to this sweet family. It is amazing that this has happened so soon again to another family.

That's so sad..
It would be something if this family teamed up with Andrew's (the father who just lost his wife who had triplets) and just combined families to all raise them as one big one.. they could certainly identify with eachother as an extended family.

An update: "KALAMAZOO -- For two weeks, Jeff Hagenbuch has been tugged between the joy three just-born babies bring a new father and the anguish of being made a widower in the process.

"I don't even know how to describe his mood," close friend Brienne Stiteler said.
"He's obviously grieving tremendously, and he's spent a lot of time with the babies, and that's obviously giving him a lot of comfort," she said.

Jeff and Tina Maria Hagenbuch, as seen in an undated family photo. Tina Hagenbuch died while giving birth to triplets.
The Comstock Township man lost his wife, Tina Marie Hagenbuch, on Dec. 18 while she was giving birth to their triplets."

Link: http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2008/01/triplets_comfort_widowed_fathe.html

There is an obit in my local paper today for a young woman who died giving birth to twins.

We tend to forget that childbirth is just plain dangerous, even with modern medicine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back