OR OR - Troy Carney, 44, Central Point, 4 Sept 2008

just read this story. Tears for troy and his mom. there are no words, just know, you're never alone, hugs Linda

I’m sorry to have missed the 10 year mark for Troy’s murder.

I wasn’t able to find a recent update. There are so many unsolved cases in the general area. :(

Linda, I hope you are doing as well as can be expected. Hugs.

Unsolved
STILL FEELS LIKE IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY ..
I feel his case is sitting on a Shelf collecting dust..

I’m always checking the Oregon new and they have not mentioned Troys case in a Very long time. If there is ever justice in my sons case, it won’t be in my lifetime. It will be forever unsolved...

Bumping for Troy and his Mom Linda.

Hugs for Linda.
h050.gif

Unsolved So. Oregon: From the Ashes - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

A story by local TV station KOBI sort of tries to link Troy Carney’s and Dave Lewis’s murders, but also sort of not. Confusing story, but at least they’re not forgotten. Video is worth watching. I’m intrigued by the first words of the story...

“In this case we have some strong persons of interest. But we just don’t have enough to make a strong criminal case,” said Cpt. Tim Snaith, Jackson Co. Sheriff’s Office.

The story also says...

Did the same person start a fire at Lewis’s home and the cabin down the road? Did that person also kill Lewis and Carney using a fire to cover up evidence?

“Only the suspect or eyewitness will have those pieces of information,” said Moran.

Trying to connect the dots today, Moran says, is a fruitless effort. But they’ll never give up hope that one day, someone will come forward.

We still remember your son and we won’t give up hope either, Linda.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver:

Troy Dean Carney, age 44, found dead in his sleeping bag Sept. 4, 2008, near the Pilot Truck Stop, Central Point, Or.
He worked as a 'lumper', helping truck drivers with their loads.
He stopped in the Willamette Valley area.
He traveleled to Medford, Or area to stay with friends. That did not work out.
He set up a campsite near 3 other campsites, very near the Pilot Truck stop.
He was last seen on video camera Sept. 1, 2008, leaving the truck stop.
He was found Sept. 4, 2008, wearing the same clothing, in his sleeping bag, murdered.
Link to newspaper articles: http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...WS07/809060324
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...NEWS/809060305
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...NEWS/810250312

His mother posted on the Medford Mail Tribune newspaper forum, asking for help.
copied:
Medford, Or. Florida Mom (lovebuggs)My Comments
Total posts: 16

On Nov 19, 2008 at 07:54 PM, Florida Mom (lovebuggs) said:
My son Troy Dean Carney, 44, was found dead in his sleeping bag on Sept.4, hidden in the brush between the Central Point freeway interchange and Table Rock Road. Investigators want to talk to whoever stayed there to find out if they had seen my son or anyone with him in the days or hours before he was killed. We are asking the public for any information you can give us on who might have seen my son on that afternoon and evening (Labor Day) He was wearing camouflage cargo shorts and a dark T-Shirt, the same clothes he was found dead in. Troy had pierced earings and tattoo's on his arms and legs and his head was shaved. A new e-mail address has been set up. If you have any information, Please e-mail me at findjustice4troy@yahoo.com or call your Dept tipline 774-8333. Thank You... Troy's Mom
-----------------------------------------------------------------
tip line is Jackson County Sheriff, 541 774 8333, Medford, Or.
PLEASE: It’s been way too long waiting for justice. Wish someone from Jackson County OR. Would call me. At least, tell me that my son TROY DEAN CARNEY’s case is not just sitting on a Shelf collecting DUST.. 6/13/2022

I hope there's resolution in this case sooner rather than later. 14.5 years is too long. If you have any information about what happened Labor Day weekend 2008 at or near the Pilot Truck Stop and the Bear Creek Greenway in Central Point, Oregon, please contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.

Please contact the Jackson County Cold Case Team at (541) 774-6800.

If you wish to remain anonymous, you can call the JCSO Tip Line at (541) 774-8333.

Sadly, all of these links are unavailable
I can't get the Youtube, nor the FB pages, but here's the link to gonetoosoon:

I can't get the Youtube, nor the FB pages, but here's the link to gonetoosoon:

Thanks @Gemmie That's a very sweet obituary, I wish I could read the rest.

Thanks @Gemmie That's a very sweet obituary, I wish I could read the rest.
Sorry about that! Try this link. :) Some nice pics of Troy are on it as well. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back