MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 27 year old Grandson is one week out of detox for fentynal addiction. I checked on him many times to see if he was still alive. Fingers crossed he realizes it's time to turn his life around.
I'm sad to hear that you have to live with that worry, @PaulaDC. I hope he manages to put it behind him. Would you mention this case to him? I think just hearing about this case can serve as a wake up call. Keeping your Grandson in my prayers.

No, kickoff was at 3:25 pm Kansas City time.

The link I posted upthread refers to it as "Arrowhead time" because the Chiefs' home field is Arrowhead Stadium in KC.

JMO
from link:

Nuts and bolts

• Playing surface: Artificial (Matrix Turf)
  • Game time: 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time, Sunday, January 7, 2024
  • Weather forecast: Game indoors

I believe you are correct. I live in PST. It was 1:25 PST, as far as I know. I don't know what Arrowhead Time is - but whoever is publishing that new timezone needs to just go back to regular timezones.

Los Angeles is in PST (and the game was 1:25 here).

Naturally, I've never heard of "Arrowhead Time" but yes, the game started at 3:25 CST.

And it was over around 6:30 and the relatives have stated that the three men went to JW's house after the game was over (several MSM article attest to this).

No, kickoff was at 3:25 pm Kansas City time.

The link I posted upthread refers to it as "Arrowhead time" because the Chiefs' home field is Arrowhead Stadium in KC.

JMO
from link:

Nuts and bolts

• Playing surface: Artificial (Matrix Turf)
  • Game time: 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time, Sunday, January 7, 2024
  • Weather forecast: Game indoors
You are correct, and my football fan card is probably in the process of being revoked.

Plenty of videos out there of people in the process of ODing on fentanyl.

I just watched one in particular where the gentleman is sitting on a chair outside in a backyard. Buddy in the chair ODs, but just looks like he has fallen asleep sitting upright. Man calls 911 and advises the guy is ODing. Girl makes comment that guy in chair is a user (snorts) to the officer who arrives. Cop arrives with bodycam and administers Narcan, rubs chest, moving guys head --- talking to him and telling him to breathe etc. Ambulance arrives. More Narcan (injection this time). He slowly comes around. He has no clue what, this lasted for minutes, happened to him - oblivious. Off to the hospital.

He didn't move. Didn't make a sound. Oblivious to the fact he was ODing and needed help. Just sat in that chair. The two sober people who were right there were his saviours. In good weather. With two sober people within touching distance of him. He is alive only because those two sober people were right there. No one would have "heard" anything. No one would have "seen" a fuss or commotion from him, Nada ... just nodded off without a clue in the world.

I can only imagine death was much, much quicker in the cold.

It's horrific. Quiet & horrific.

Unsure if linkable, but a google of Officer gives man narcan after overdose should bring it up.

Edit to add: Officer immediately asks if he has "pinpoint pupils" ... a clear sign of a fentanyl OD. I imagine that officers at the scene in this case would have identified same --- and ergo the early statement of no sign of foul play. There simply would have been signs of a fentanyl OD, pending confrmation of tox.

Only I don't know how cocaine (dilates pupils) and an opiate (constructs pupils) would have worked together. Depends on the individual response, i suspect, but maybe not a reliable sign in this case.

My 27 year old Grandson is one week out of detox for fentynal addiction. I checked on him many times to see if he was still alive. Fingers crossed he realizes it's time to turn his life around.

Oh, Paula. That is so tragic. If you start a thread in the The Parking Lot here on WS please let us knowl This is a vastly bigger issue than just one case.

Prayers and energy for your Grandson. My experience as a teacher of young people is that getting throuh detox is promising.

Physical addiction is so hard to combat. I hope we all realize that.

Many of the addicts I have known, just want their pain to go away. Whether it is physical pain, psychological pain, whatever is creating the need to get away from the pain, they will use in a heartbeat.

There is not a lot of logical thought process happening at this time. The focus is getting rid of the pain. People who have not had severe physical, emotional, psychological pain don't have a clue what it is like.

Even people who use recreationally are on some level, wanting to block out the pain that they experience when lucid. Just having the opportunity to have it gone.

Which is why these drugs are so addictive to people who want even a few minutes of life without the constant background chatter of pain. And so hard to stop.
Amazing post. Thank you @mickey2942 !

Pure speculation of course, but maybe guy 5 supplied the drugs that led to the overdoses. Maybe he thought he would be prosecuted for it.

The families, right out of the gate, basically accused JW of murdering the men. So, I see a lot of incentive for guy 5 — if he supplied the drugs — to help throw JW under the bus and take suspicion off himself.

A little white lie about the dogs could easily lead to a snowball effect. Maybe that fueled some of the families’ suspicions too.

If guy 5 tells them the dogs were there — even if they weren’t — most people would probably wonder why JW would “lie” and say they dogs weren’t there. That would make him look suspicious and it did. How many people have taken that at face value and said JW must’ve known his friends were dead in the backyard because he would have to take his dogs out?
I can think of at least two reasons guy #5's claims about the dogs might be wrong. One, if guy #5 spent lots of time at JW's house, with the dogs usually there, he might not register that there was that one visit when the dogs were absent.

Second is if he knew that admitting the dogs were gone would somehow put JW in hotter legal water -- I can't think if an example how that could be, but basically if guy #5 was saying what he thought JW would want him to say, for whatever reason.

One thing I've wondered: if the four visitors arrived after the game ended, where was JW during the game? Did he watch at home? Was he alone or was anyone there with him? (Maybe guy #5 watched with JW and then went somewhere else, returning later? Maybe guy #5 and JW watched the game at JW's dad's house, where the dogs actually were?) Or was JW watching it out at a bar with some of the others? Or did he not watch at all, just hosted the afterparty? MOO
He could have.Two enthusiastic and well loved dogs (ie happy and social) around though is probably something you'd remember correctly. JMO
IF the police feel it's important to know if the dogs were there, they can determine it by looking at their crime scene photos -- since it snowed later Sunday night/Monday morning and since the snow stuck around for at least a few days, there would be paw prints in the snow, and dog poop on top of the snow, if they had been there between early Monday am and Tuesday evening when LE arrived. MOO

<modsnip - quoted post/response were off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
except didn't they have to work the next day?
I believe either Ricky or Clayton called a cousin and told them they would fill in for him on Monday because of injuries he had sustained.
Thank you! I feel like I'm going crazy over here.

This link shows game time based on PT, CT and ET. Kick off was 1:25 pm Pacific time. Kansas City is Central time, two hours ahead so the game started for those in Kansas at 3:30 pm. Mountain time would be 2:30 pm, Eastern Standard time 4:30 pm.

Confusing, if you are unfamiliar with the term Arrowhead Time. At least for me, it was.
So the three deceased watched the game elsewhere and came over to JWs around 7.

I believe you are correct. I live in PST. It was 1:25 PST, as far as I know. I don't know what Arrowhead Time is - but whoever is publishing that new timezone needs to just go back to regular timezones.

Los Angeles is in PST (and the game was 1:25 here).

Naturally, I've never heard of "Arrowhead Time" but yes, the game started at 3:25 CST.

And it was over around 6:30 and the relatives have stated that the three men went to JW's house after the game was over (several MSM article attest to this).
The Chiefs play at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City hence, "Arrowhead Time"...

Kansas City has no ocean, no Great Lakes, only the muddy Missouri River and the legacies of players like Lenny Dawson who was QB plus sports director for a Kansas City TV news station when I was growing up.

JMO

I have no idea what that means.

I have never seen anyone have or use cocaine irl. So, i really don't know what they do with it. I know some people who smoke, tamp down the pack. Because cigarettes are legal, i have seen this a lot. Idk why. But, i thought maybe... There's something with coke, too.
I’m sure this has probably already been mentioned, so I apologize if it has— former cigarette smoker here. I used to pack my cigarettes because the tighter the tobacco, the longer the cigarette lasted.

Many of the addicts I have known, just want their pain to go away. Whether it is physical pain, psychological pain, whatever is creating the need to get away from the pain, they will use in a heartbeat.

There is not a lot of logical thought process happening at this time. The focus is getting rid of the pain. People who have not had severe physical, emotional, psychological pain don't have a clue what it is like.

Even people who use recreationally are on some level, wanting to block out the pain that they experience when lucid. Just having the opportunity to have it gone.

Which is why these drugs are so addictive to people who want even a few minutes of life without the constant background chatter of pain. And so hard to stop.

I have own theory. We all get addicted to the substances that answer most of our questions. I have seen people who became opiate addicts after 3 DUIs and time in jail. (Cross-addiction, but inside, they were still craving alcohol.)

Why opiates, specifically? I believe the ancient ancestors of these people had survival benefit - euphoria caused by the rise of own endorphins and enkephalins in response to pain (e.g., battle wound), made them heal faster and they were the first to return back to the track. Today, this euphoria makes their descendants hooked to mega-doses of substances that resemble endorphins and enkephalins and are much more powerful.
Who can be predicted to be more prone to opiate addiction? Ironically, the people for whom exercises are a major mood-booster (probably the opposite should be true, intense physical exercises could help in rehab complex). Former athletes are another vulnerable group, when they retire, they stop being needed, and they are left with old traumas. All in all, a very vulnerable group.

The Chiefs play at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City hence, "Arrowhead Time"...

Kansas City has no ocean, no Great Lakes, only the muddy Missouri River and the legacies of players like Lenny Dawson who was QB plus sports director for a Kansas City TV news station when I was growing up.

JMO
But they didn't play there, that day. They played in California. But I do now understand "Arrowhead Time" as the way of informing the home team.

I get it now. Here on WS, we get different timestamps - local time for Kansas City is best, IMO. It started around 3:25 Arrowhead Time.

It was over at 6:35 pm or thereabouts, Arrowhead Time. And everything I read says that the three friends came over after the game was over. The three friends showed up after that ( we don't know exactly when) but "after the game."

IMO

...drug dealers add fentanyl to cocaine because it’s more addictive. Thus they get more repeat business.
As sickening as that is. It’s unbelievable to me. What on earth happened to humanity?
Sorry but, you imagined dealers in the past didn't want to get their customers addicted? I think it's in the job description...

They "cut" their supply with the added drug to increase the amount they have to sell. In the past, it was common to use things like baby laxative, corn starch, even aspirin. They aren't trying to enhance the effect of the drugs, they are trying to increase their profit.

Imagine you have a pound of 100% pure cocaine. Let's say it's worth $1000. If you mix in a pound of fentanyl or any other substance that looks like cocaine, you now have two pounds of drugs you can sell as cocaine for $2000.

You sell your two pounds of cut/diluted cocaine to a guy who repeats the process, so he can in turn make a profit.

The little guy who is buying a gram for recreational use is getting cocaine mixed with whatever was used up the line to cut the product for increased profit. That user may wind up snorting something that's been stepped on so much that they get no effect at all, or they may wind up getting the batch that was cut with fentanyl.

MOO.

I understand the profit angle but why not still use things like corn starch which presumably is less expensive than fentanyl

I’d like to hear a reasonable scenario where JW was able to drag 3 grown men across the house and out the back door.

Did he see the ODs happening and act right away to start dragging them outside? Did he wake up minutes or hours later and find them deceased?

How would an average guy be able to move 3 men? What’s the timeframe for doing so? One right after the other? I’d imagine he wouldn’t have the strength or energy for one after the other, especially if he was drunk and/or high.

What about livor mortis, which can start to set in as quickly as 20 minutes after death?

David, the guy found in the chair, it should have been pretty obvious to police, based on where the blood was pooled, whether he was sitting in the chair when he passed.

I don’t believe that JW dragged his friends outside. But I’m open to hearing out a reasonable argument.
I agree. I can't imagine JW being able to maneuver those large men from inside to outside. They died where they each landed imo. I'm curious about the blood you mentioned. Where would the blood have come from?

Last edited:
So they ingested the cocaine, walked out the back sliding door. Two walked further toward the backyard One sat down in the chair and passed out.
Harrington being the last one shut the sliding door and sat down in the chair and passed out.

Is this before or after they walked out the front door? as JW stated.....

not sure what you're trying to get at here
obviously they walked out the back door after any other activity occurred as they died there
but we can't make sense of the nonsense that is a bunch of wasted men's faulty decisions

I'm sad to hear that you have to live with that worry, @PaulaDC. I hope he manages to put it behind him. Would you mention this case to him? I think just hearing about this case can serve as a wake up call. Keeping your Grandson in my prayers.
He just was laying on my bed and yes, he knows I follow this case so I updated him minutes ago. I appreciate your concern and kind words.

But they didn't play there, that day. They played in California. But I do now understand "Arrowhead Time" as the way of informing the home team.

I get it now. Here on WS, we get different timestamps - local time for Kansas City is best, IMO. It started around 3:25 Arrowhead Time.

It was over at 6:35 pm or thereabouts, Arrowhead Time. And everything I read says that the three friends came over after the game was over. The three friends showed up after that ( we don't know exactly when) but "after the game."

IMO
I remember it was a real nail-biter of a game with KC barely winning.

I think all four were at the same bar watching the game and then went to JW's to celebrate because KC made it into the playoffs. All I can remember about that next game was that it only was going to be streamed on Peacock and everyone was p*******. And, of course, we signed up. (sigh)

JMO

I think at least one of the three men walked out the front door with #5...and then he came back inside. By then JW was on the couch and too wasted to notice.

The three men then ingested the cocaine/fentanyl and left thru the back door to head to their cars. The two men found in the yard may have been headed to the same car.

JMO

why would they exit through the back when their cars are on the street in front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn