Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.
You lost me ... sorry.
Does this mean there's a person of interest, or a break in the case -- but LE aren't going public with that individual just yet ?
Tia.
In the case for missing toddler William Tyrrell the investigation was given a name which I assume to be the case with missing persons or cold cases that have been reopened

Could give a little more detail?
I assume you are asking if I could give more detail?

Police only give an investigation a name once it is a major investigation. They name each investigation at random, and the name "Primus" does not mean anything, the names are all computer generated and have no meaning to the attached investigation.

Just because the Superintendent "couldn't say which way she went" when she reached the road doesn't mean that he doesn't know.

Metadata that may now be in police possession may have told the police which way Sam went.
She may have had a jogging or other app that needed cracking to get to her GPS movements.

I am trying to remember how they got Theo Hayez's GPS movements - they got quite detailed movements - and they never found his phone.

I don't think that the police want to reveal anything that they know.

imo

That's the first place they could have checked. Any nearby dams on their property.? Any exits /entry points that are not on CCTV?
She could have re-entered the property herself.

There's a dam on the property and neighbouring properties.

I definitely think it's possible to leave the property or re-enter out of CCTV range. I'd be curious to learn about any entry and exit points other than the driveway. It's also not out of the question to jump a fence, IMO.

Not to my knowledge, no sadly
I read that her phone pinged 15 miles or kilometres away. Her friends doubted that she would go that far. They thought she would be home around 9 to get ready for brunch. At 1 PM her friends were worried and contacted her husband. He didn't notice that she did not return from her 7 AM run.

Smart watch is automatically synced with the computer and records heart rate, steps, etc. I don't think it helps with location, not sure. Even if it is not found or suddenly stopped working, heart rate irregularities or spikes would be recorded on her computer. A spiked heart rate would tell police something unexpected or sudden happened.

"'I believe she was going out for brunch that morning so I believe she would have been home by 9 or 10am,' she said."

DailyMail

Attachments

• 1707886469273.png
    1707886469273.png
    416 KB · Views: 0
I read that her phone pinged 15 miles or kilometres away. Her friends doubted that she would go that far. They thought she would be home around 9 to get ready for brunch. At 1 PM her friends were worried and contacted her husband. He didn't notice that she did not return from her 7 AM run.

Smart watch is automatically synced with the computer and records heart rate, steps, etc. I don't think it helps with location, not sure. Even if it is not found or suddenly stopped working, heart rate irregularities or spikes would be recorded on her computer. A spiked heart rate would tell police something unexpected or sudden happened.

"'I believe she was going out for brunch that morning so I believe she would have been home by 9 or 10am,' she said."

DailyMail
Thanks, quoting “He didn't notice that she did not return from her 7 AM run.” that’s interesting if he was at home ? I wonder if this has been confirmed where SM husband was? Interesting choice of words ?

I’m thinking now that the abduction of the woman a year ago and SM missing are linked. Criminals tend to escalate the severity of their crimes, the person a year ago got away with the abduction and this time he went one step further. SM may very well have been dumped in a disused mine shaft if so and may never be found.

Keep in mind that sometimes the police want to avoid saying there is anything suspicious for as long as possible. If they have someone who they believe may be involved, they’d want to reassure that person that they don’t believe anything strange is going on in order to make that person feel safe.
When a person feels safe, they are more likely to take risks and potentially expose clues to police who would be watching and listening.
(I’m not suggesting this is the case here, but a lot of discussion today is around people saying police ‘finally’ suggesting things are suspicious, and I wanted to point out that things like shutting down the search and not having any further press releases may be indicative of police just doing what they do).
MOO

There's a dam on the property and neighbouring properties.

I definitely think it's possible to leave the property or re-enter out of CCTV range. I'd be curious to learn about any entry and exit points other than the driveway. It's also not out of the question to jump a fence, IMO.
2 dams on the property now ... it appears a new dam was dug and filled since purchasing the property .

I just refreshed myself on how they got Theo Hayez's GPS movements.

Meanwhile, back in Belgium, Theo's mother was trying old passwords in an attempt to access her son's online accounts, including Google.
Finally one worked, and a treasure trove of digital evidence was revealed.
A deep analysis of his mobile phone data that automatically logged his every movement through GPS showed Theo taking an erratic route, not back to his hostel, but toward Byron Bay's Tallow Beach.
Then, he suddenly turned onto an almost impenetrable bush track. For someone who had never been there before, it made no sense.
Unlocking missing backpacker's phone leads to major breakthrough

It may be possible, with an Apple device and things backing up to their cloud, that there may be something for Sam that the police have been able to access via a warrant.

When I looked up the SOS and Fall Detection features on Sam's Apple watch (I posted a link about this further back), Apple is also watching for you to fall and will make an SOS call if you don't respond (if a person has that feature turned on). The SOS feature is otherwise used manually by a quick sliding of a side button.
How to call the emergency services on your Apple Watch

imo

Last edited:
And I am pretty sure there is another CCTV pointing towards the driveway from a shed. It sure looks like that from street view.

The shed didn't have what looks like a CCTV on the front corner (nearest the house) when they purchased the property.
If you zoom in on it now (street view) you will see something there. Now - it is most likely NOT a security light, as there already was a security light just around the corner above the side door entrance to the shed (as per the pictures in the FOR SALE pictures of the property).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VicW