Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigation underway after two people found dead in Victoria

It is unclear if this is related or not although appears relatively close in south Ballarat to Sam's home.

One minute things are going along fine for Ballarat. The next minute, there is a woman missing, then soon after a mother is murdered by her partner who then killed himself. A sad time for the families, friends and townspeople.

News report said that a man (Ian Butler, a Bandido) stabbed to death his (named) partner, a Ballarat mother of five. Then took his own life. A loud argument was heard by neighbours. A couple of the mum's sons who were present were then cared for by neighbours until the police arrived.

(Starts at about the :40s mark in the news video)

Last edited:
I have an issue with the photo of SM with the dog poo bag
If I was prepared to go for a run, I wouldn't have a dog poo bag with me (Unless I was taking my dog) , stop pick up the poo, dispose of it and wash my hands...then start my run! I'd see the poo and remind myself to dispose of it when I get home...
Also, the photo..why has this photo been posted, 2 seconds later would have shown her full attire... leggings, shoes...in the photo her lower body is not visible..
she could have trousers, a skirt, thongs on...also, she is looking at something...the dog? is it a bag of poo? What's the timing? If she disposed of the poo and washed her hands and then headed off on her run then there'd be another CCTV snapshot????

If I was prepared to go for a run, I wouldn't have a dog poo bag with me (Unless I was taking my dog) , stop pick up the poo, dispose of it and wash my hands...then start my run! I'd see the poo and remind myself to dispose of it when I get home...
Also, the photo..why has this photo been posted, 2 seconds later would have shown her full attire... leggings, shoes...in the photo her lower body is not visible..
she could have trousers, a skirt, thongs on...also, she is looking at something...the dog? is it a bag of poo? What's the timing? If she disposed of the poo and washed her hands and then headed off on her run then there'd be another CCTV snapshot????
I think the photo was chosen because it shows SM from the front, showing her face and the clothing she was last seen in. The other cctv footage that the police may have would be SM from the back as she was heading away from the cctv camera to begin her run.

If she disposed of the poo and washed her hands and then headed off on her run then there'd be another CCTV snapshot????

A photo of the back of Sam heading off on her run wouldn't be as much help for identification purposes. I think they chose the best image for people to see how Sam looked that morning.

imo

Last edited:
Probably that photo is the clearest of her face, so that angle was chosen.

Last edited:
I think the photo was chosen because it shows SM from the front, showing her face and the clothing she was last seen in. The other cctv footage that the police may have would be SM from the back as she was heading away from the cctv camera to begin her run.
Yes...but mere seconds later would have shown full body and attire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member