AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

Two Rivers Police Department updates public on search efforts for Elijah Vue

Elijah Vue search: Police search wetlands, farm waste container

Release Date: March 15, 2024, 3:05 PM

Elijah Vue has not been found.

We continued our search efforts this week. Several large searches took place in wetlands and rural areas, the West Twin River, and a search of a farm waste container thanks to the help from Maritime Liquid Waste Transportation LLC. Searchers included local and state law enforcement, firefighters and public safety college student volunteers. We followed up on numerous tips and leads and continued going through large amounts of video footage with DCI and the FBI.

Jesse Vang and Katrina Baur appeared in court on Thursday, March 14th. Baur waived her right to a preliminary hearing, and has an upcoming arraignment hearing on Friday, March 22nd. Vang has not yet attained legal representation, so Vang’s preliminary hearing was adjourned to Thursday, March 21st.

There is a vigil planned for Elijah this Saturday, March 16th at 6:30 PM at Walsh Field located at 2201 Polk St. in Two Rivers. Our thoughts will be with Elijah’s family and those attending the vigil. Our search efforts will continue this weekend as we follow up on tips and leads.

We are very grateful for the public’s continued support and volunteer search efforts. With warmer than normal temperatures this year and with outdoor activities increasing, we encourage continued safe searches of local recreation areas, as well as rivers, ponds, and waterways. If anything is found and believed to be related to the disappearance or location of Elijah Vue, please contact our tip line. Our tip line is 844-267-6648. You may also submit information via the Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers P3 App.

We have posted the active Amber Alert for Elijah Vue which is currently listed on the Clearinghouse for Missing and Exploited Children and Adults in both English and Hmong languages.

We will provide you with further information when it becomes available. Thank you once again to the community for your support as we continue to look for Elijah.

Captain Andrew Raatz
Two Rivers Police Department

MAR 15, 2024
SJ wants nothing more than to see Walsh Field in Two Rivers filled with people on Saturday evening.

“The energy is going to be amazing, you’ll come here and feel good, you’ll feel community,” she said. “I think that’s what is going to recharge all of this.”

She is one of the organizers of a candlelight prayer vigil for Elijah Vue...

[...]

Over the next three days, community members have organized several searches in multiple Northeast Wisconsin communities.
  • Saturday and Sunday at the Mikadow Theater in Manitowoc.
  • 9:30 a.m. on Saturday at Fonferek Glen in Green Bay
  • 8:30 a.m. on Friday at Supple Marsh in Fond du Lac
  • 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday at Heckrodt Nature Preserve in Appleton
  • 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday at High Cliff State Park
[...]

MAR 15, 2024
A vigil for the boy is set for 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Walsh Field, 2201 Polk St., in Two Rivers.

"Our thoughts will be with Elijah's family and those attending the vigil," police wrote. "Our search efforts will continue this weekend as we follow up on tips and leads."

MAR 16, 2024
Vang appeared without an attorney. He requested his right to an attorney and to a speedy trial. The public defender’s office is trying to find an attorney for him, and Vang is expected back in court next week.

Baur, with an attorney by her side, waived her right to the preliminary hearing where prosecutors would have the burden of showing there’s enough evidence to warrant a trial. The judge confirmed Baur was making the decision freely. She’ll enter a plea to the charges on March 22. Baur’s attorney also withdrew a motion to dismiss one of the charges.

Prosecutors filed amended charges against Baur last week, changing a felony charge to chronic neglect of a child. A misdemeanor count of neglecting a child was also added, which involves another child, who is 6.

MAR 16, 2024
Vang appeared without an attorney. He requested his right to an attorney and to a speedy trial. The public defender’s office is trying to find an attorney for him, and Vang is expected back in court next week.

Baur, with an attorney by her side, waived her right to the preliminary hearing where prosecutors would have the burden of showing there’s enough evidence to warrant a trial. The judge confirmed Baur was making the decision freely. She’ll enter a plea to the charges on March 22. Baur’s attorney also withdrew a motion to dismiss one of the charges.

Prosecutors filed amended charges against Baur last week, changing a felony charge to chronic neglect of a child. A misdemeanor count of neglecting a child was also added, which involves another child, who is 6.
The reward is $40,000, why hasn’t anyone come forward? Is it because only KB and/or JV know what happened and where Elijah is?? I thought he would have been found by now. Where is he? I’m trying to remind myself to stay patient, but somedays are tough.

MAR 17, 2024
Stay positive and bring him home.

Those were the overriding sentiments March 16 as family, friends, public officials and community members gathered for a vigil for missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue at Walsh Field.

[...]

Wachowski said police are doing everything possible to bring Elijah home to his family and community.

He also spoke directly to Elijah, stating: “We hope you can feel all the love pouring out for you right now. May it comfort you as we search for you daily. We will find you.”

[...]

MAR 18, 2024
"We still need volunteers. We still need areas searched. We still need help. No matter, if you can't search on the ground, you can help online. We need everybody. We need bodies everywhere searching for Elijah, to get Elijah home, to find evidence, or anything, to just bring him home," Jordan Dillon said.

There is currently a $40,000 reward for anyone who has information on the case, WGBA reported.

Release Date: March 18, 2024, 3:50 PM
UPDATE: A red and white plaid blanket was located on Goodwin Rd east of County Road B, in Manitowoc County, earlier in this investigation. Today we can confirm the blanket is Elijah’s blanket. This blanket was located 3.7 miles from the 3900 block of Mishicot Road in the City of Two Rivers, where Elijah was reported missing on February 20th, 2024.
We continue to request the public’s assistance in checking all urban and rural areas, including water, to find Elijah and locate any evidence related to his disappearance. Please continue to search and contact us immediately with any information you feel relevant through our tip line (844-267-6648), the Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers P3 App, or our police department email.
Those with information leading to the discovery of Elijah may be eligible for a reward of up to $40,000; $10,000 from Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers for the arrest and charging of the individual/s responsible for his disappearance, $15,000 for information leading to the location and return of Elijah Vue and/or the arrest and conviction of the individual/s involved in his disappearance, and an additional $15,000 thanks to funds raised by donations set up through the City of Two Rivers.
Ben Meinnert
Chief of Police

Goodwin Rd east of County Road B, in Manitowoc County
Looking at this on Google Maps (satellite) this road is very rural. It is like a mixture of country living and suburbs, but mostly country. There are lots of fields, and also notably a small pond nearby.

Wondering if they scattered his clothing/belongings in random locations.

Release Date: March 18, 2024, 3:50 PM
UPDATE: A red and white plaid blanket was located on Goodwin Rd east of County Road B, in Manitowoc County, earlier in this investigation. Today we can confirm the blanket is Elijah’s blanket. This blanket was located 3.7 miles from the 3900 block of Mishicot Road in the City of Two Rivers, where Elijah was reported missing on February 20th, 2024.
We continue to request the public’s assistance in checking all urban and rural areas, including water, to find Elijah and locate any evidence related to his disappearance. Please continue to search and contact us immediately with any information you feel relevant through our tip line (844-267-6648), the Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers P3 App, or our police department email.
Those with information leading to the discovery of Elijah may be eligible for a reward of up to $40,000; $10,000 from Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers for the arrest and charging of the individual/s responsible for his disappearance, $15,000 for information leading to the location and return of Elijah Vue and/or the arrest and conviction of the individual/s involved in his disappearance, and an additional $15,000 thanks to funds raised by donations set up through the City of Two Rivers.
Ben Meinnert
Chief of Police
I'm not finding a Goodwin Rd, I'm finding E. Goodwin Rd. Guessing it's the same but I'd have thought they would have called it by its proper name.

That road is also an entrance to Woodland Dunes State Natural Area, so I'm thinking Little Man (my name for Elijah) is in there somewhere.

1710797557477.png

HERE is the map if you want to dink with it.

Anyone finding a Goodwin Rd that's not called East Goodwin Rd?

Oh Lord, guess I was wrong. I also couldn't find Goodwin Road so I looked at County Road B for that county. This is infinitely worse, though my initial assessment still applies I guess.

If I could I would teleport myself to Wisconsin to go look with everyone.

Oh Lord, guess I was wrong. I also couldn't find Goodwin Road so I looked at County Road B for that county. This is infinitely worse, though my initial assessment still applies I guess.

If I could I would teleport myself to Wisconsin to go look with everyone.
Yes, the map I posted above your post is east of County Road B, which the article says his blankie was found. :(

Soon, Little Man... soon.

Looking at this on Google Maps (satellite) this road is very rural. It is like a mixture of country living and suburbs, but mostly country. There are lots of fields, and also notably a small pond nearby.

Wondering if they scattered his clothing/belongings in random locations.
I was thinking that maybe after they put him wherever they put him and were on their way home, one of them glanced in the backseat and said, 'oh BLEEP, his blanket is still [in the backseat/on the floor/wherever], pull over and throw it out the window'

IMO, MOO, etc., etc.

At the end of Goodwin road, there is the county recycling depot, the airport, a huge construction yard, a mini storage with a huge yard for RVs. (Basswood Road). Also just North if they went 1 country block up on 310 is the Parks department with a huge gravel pit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCPstudy
Back